Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 02-24-2020, 01:13 PM   #436
mikesal57
Veteran

Just say Bye Bye......its not coming back....

EMAIL Response:

Dear Michael,

We appreciate your feedback in regards to the updated platform changes on our site. Our site updated at the end of 2018, and the legacy platforms such as Classic and TV remained available for certain players. That being said, players were notified then that these platforms would be removed in the future. The original layouts were using obsolete technology, and we simply could not keep supporting them. We are now offering versions of Classic and TV to a number of players who prefer the older platforms, but in order to offer these, they had to be updated to modern standards.

If you have any specific feedback in regards to features that are offered, we will address them and our site designers will take your concerns into consideration to edit our site. If you would like assistance in navigating the New Classic and TV platform, or if you would like guidance on using our main wagering platform, we would be more than happy to help you.

Mahlon P
Player Services
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2020, 03:28 PM   #437
mikesal57
Veteran

Well...one thing got better.....

the stream.....never had a clear or full screen in the old....

with that said....going to maneuver the site and find where my stuff is now and get used to it...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (268.1 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by mikesal57; 02-24-2020 at 03:31 PM.
Old 02-24-2020, 08:43 PM   #438
hogoffate

Living in Texas, I had a Twin Spires account and enjoyed being able to wager without going to the track. Then the state of Texas and TwinSpires got cross ways and now can't wager with Twin Spires. But, credit to Twin Spires, since I still had an account with them, I was able to watch replays when handicapping and enjoy watching the live stream of the track feeds.
But on 3/2 with them converting to the "new" platform, I won't even be able to watch live stream because they are cutting it off to states where you can't wager with them. Not happy about that.
hogoffate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-25-2020, 04:55 PM   #439
molson721

I've always asked them if the people that make all these supposed new and improved website changes are people that wager on racing. I doubt it The video improvement is the only thing that is better but flash was being phased out everywhere so it's not like they did it for the customer as it was more of a necessity. I am sure we will get the typical Twinspires customer service which is the motto that the sport of racing has used for years. WHO GIVES A SHI*T ABOUT THE CUSTOMER. Bye bye Twinspires and I wont play any of your tracks
molson721 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-25-2020, 08:14 PM   #440
Spicemaster

Good News

Nice to hear and I agree, it's a big improvement...lots of HD on the way. If you have any constructive feedback, I'd love to pass it along.

NJ and TX, I'm sorry, wish we can't have you as customers!
Spicemaster is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-25-2020, 09:52 PM   #441
molson721

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicemaster View Post
Nice to hear and I agree, it's a big improvement...lots of HD on the way. If you have any constructive feedback, I'd love to pass it along.

You must be an employee of Twinspires! Here is some feedback. Please explain "constructive feedback"! I gave feedback before TS forced it on me and it was ignored!
Answer this company excuse maker, why do you cater to cell phone players? I like to sit at my desktop with my HD screen, while doing work from my home office, and play the races but nothing you have done has ever made my experience wagering easier as time has gone on.

You know, I can give so many reasons why I hate the new and ???better??? classic but nobody at TS gives a SH*T and says to me, maybe you are right. Kind of like I use to be able to see the odds on a win bet when I considered placing a wager using the old and ???lousy?? TS classic but I can't see the win odds on the new and ???improved??? classic. Comments that when I called were ignored and also told they don't understand my problem?????Should I play the 4 at low odds or the 6 at higher odds when I am considering who to wager on??. With the new(fix what isn't broken Classic) I have to find another page to get the odds or go to the video to see the odds. When I find those odds, I then have to go back to the wagering page to make my wager and hopefully I don't get shut out. Do I really need that bloated twinspires TV screen to be filled up with all the garbage I could find on the main screen and don't need when i want to watch a race?? Of course I do when I call TS to give my feedback on these garbage changes??? Great job Spicey and TS!

You know what, Spicemaster you are here to serve your master that pays your salary but if you had any integrity, maybe you should do something the company has never done and tell them to listen to the customer! I am computer savvy but I have yet to see any change that this CUSTOMER UNFRIENDLY service has made for the better. DON'T TELL ME ABOUT THE IMPROVED VIDEO. ALL ADW's HAVE THE SAME VIDEO IMPROVEMENT WITH FLASH PLAYER BEING PHASED OUT!

Of course, I will dramatically reduced my wagering on TS(like I have done today and placed my bets using NYRA bets which isn't better than the old TS) and unless the old and better way is brought back, I will be gone but then again, when has Churchill or TS ever cared about what the customers thought. Not all change is good but TS believes that we are only complaining because of the change THEY feel is for the better. I no longer bother explaining some of the faults of these changes but TS falls back on the excuse we are only complaining because of the changes and we will realize HOW SUPERIOR twinspires was in making these changes. NO I am complaining because of the changes I didn't like but was blown off by the people I talked to at Twinspires that probably have never made a wager in their life and are computer nerds(apologies to the PC police).

Avoid twinspires if you value customer service. it doesn't exist and spicemaster will be there to make excuses for the company that pays his salary. Keep that in mind while discussing anything that criticizes Twinspires.
Old 02-25-2020, 09:59 PM   #442
molson721

Quote:

Lots of HD on the way because flash player is being phased out on the internet and NOT because Twinspires was making a customer service improvement!

Read so you don't fall for Twinspires excuse maker Spicemaster trying to use the improved video quality as a customer improvement by a company that has no customer service! It was a necessity!

https://techcrunch.com/2017/07/25/ge...flash-in-2020/

https://www.quora.com/Why-is-Adobe-F...ding-in-2020-1
Old 02-26-2020, 03:01 AM   #443
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

HD is a good thing, no matter the reason.
Old 02-26-2020, 08:26 AM   #444
djm1959

Question

still dont work on anything i watch it on.. guess march 2nd it will
djm1959 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-26-2020, 09:17 AM   #445
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

HD is not as good if you LD vision!
Old 02-26-2020, 03:03 PM   #446
Spicemaster

Molson721

Yes, I work for TwinSpires, thought it was a known thing....sorry for soliciting feedback to try to make things better.

To answer some of your questions:
1) Mobile is important because of the demand and trend. I play mostly desktop myself, but I'm not having the issues you seem to be having.
2) If you like, I can have someone walk you through the website at a time that works for you and show you the new features on desktop?
3) Of course you can see the Win odds when placing a wager. It is on the Tote Board on the old version. On the new version you can see it in two places, Tote Board and Program tab.

I think if you look back through the board I'm only trying to be helpful.
Spicemaster is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2020, 12:27 AM   #447
BreadandButter

Quote:
Yes, I work for TwinSpires, thought it was a known thing....sorry for soliciting feedback to try to make things better.

3) Of course you can see the Win odds when placing a wager. It is on the Tote Board on the old version. On the new version you can see it in two places, Tote Board and Program tab.
Where on the new site can you see the pools for Pick 3, Pick 4, Tris and Supers? I can find the pools for Win, place, show, exactas and doubles that's it.
BreadandButter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2020, 12:33 AM   #448
BreadandButter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
HD is a good thing, no matter the reason.
I actually have a complaint ref HD broadcasts. Because the compression takes slightly longer there is a greater delay. This isn't unique to racing. Even sporting events - if you have the ability to flip between SD and HD signals on your television you can see the delay.

All Internet broadcasts in HD are delayed even to a greater extent. If a horse is acting up on the gate etc. I often have time to cancel tix if I'm viewing in SD via satellite, probably not in HD on satellite, can completely forget about having any chance with HD via web streaming.

If anyone has the chance to log into a sports wagering site that offers in play action you should just watch the odds while watching the event in HD. You can predict the upcoming result by watching the odds before you see the play on the HD broadcast.
BreadandButter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2020, 08:03 AM   #449
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreadandButter View Post
I actually have a complaint ref HD broadcasts. Because the compression takes slightly longer there is a greater delay. This isn't unique to racing. Even sporting events - if you have the ability to flip between SD and HD signals on your television you can see the delay.

All Internet broadcasts in HD are delayed even to a greater extent. If a horse is acting up on the gate etc. I often have time to cancel tix if I'm viewing in SD via satellite, probably not in HD on satellite, can completely forget about having any chance with HD via web streaming.

If anyone has the chance to log into a sports wagering site that offers in play action you should just watch the odds while watching the event in HD. You can predict the upcoming result by watching the odds before you see the play on the HD broadcast.
Later, I'll compare TS vs NY Bets HD streams.....

If its the same then theres nothing we can do about it....
Old 02-27-2020, 01:18 PM   #450
clicknow

I knew flash was going away, I just don't understand why the interface that the customer uses could not maintain the same "look and feel".

I use the old Classic.

The new interface I'm presented with isn't even CLOSE to what it was.

I've been around long enough to have had to learn at least 9 operating systems since I first started using a computer. It's not like I can't learn.

But I'm not real interested in spending more than 10-15 minutes learning a new interface with you guys at twinspires. All those things you updated can still work while presenting SOME SEMBLENCE of the original Classic interface.

I just logged in and got the feeling I was on another planet. Things should not be THAT different. Yet, they are.

What you guys did would be similar to if a customer going from windows XP to windows 7 was presented with a screen from a completely different non-windows operating system, with a look and feel that is absolutely foreign to them. At least, right now, that is how it feels to me.

At any rate, I will try, but again, not going to devote an entire saturday morning to figuring it out. I'll give it 10-15 min, tops.

Last edited by clicknow; 02-27-2020 at 01:22 PM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: