Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 12-23-2018, 09:53 PM   #1
ctownraces@bp

FIRE TOMLIN NOW

One of the worst coachs in the NFL. I know Pittsburgh likes keeping there coach until they retire but enough is enough. The fake punt today was the final dagger. HE gives great post game chatter he can get a job as a public speaker. Been a pitt. fan since early 70s he gotta go
ctownraces@bp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2018, 03:16 AM   #2
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Was that Tomlin that fumbled away the game?
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2018, 08:31 AM   #3
headhawg
crusty old guy

I don't know if he's one of the worst coaches, but the situation in Pittsburgh is a lot like the one in Green Bay so you might get your wish ctown. Move on from Tomlin
Old 12-24-2018, 10:09 AM   #4
ctownraces@bp

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg View Post
NO but the teams a wreck they have found more ways to lose games then anybody. Tomlin has had the talent for many years and what has he done one super bowl and that one was on Cowers coat tail its time if not past time. The fake punt was his last gasp for air.
ctownraces@bp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2018, 02:23 PM   #5
Marshall Bennett

Dallas is another mystery...at least to me. Jason Garrett's had a ton of talent go thru there since being head coach, and little or nothing to show for it.
They did win their pathetic division this year with a mediocre team, though I fully expect them to get beat in round 1.
I swear I think Garrett's related to Jerry Jones, though Jones is often a bonehead in his own right.
Marshall Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2018, 03:05 PM   #6
dnlgfnk

Quote:
dnlgfnk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2018, 11:35 PM   #7
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
Dallas is another mystery...at least to me. Jason Garrett's had a ton of talent go thru there since being head coach, and little or nothing to show for it.
They did win their pathetic division this year with a mediocre team, though I fully expect them to get beat in round 1.
I swear I think Garrett's related to Jerry Jones, though Jones is often a bonehead in his own right.
Before Dallas went on the win streak, Garrett was as good as gone. Sean Payton would have been Jones target. He'd empty the bank for him too.

Garrett is safe now, the fans of the cows are not happy here. Talk radio went on about how quiet the stadium was yesterday, with a win getting them the division. Brad Sham, the play by play guy said during a first down call "hey you people in the building, church was over two hours ago".

Cows fans want a KC style offense. Dream on, they don't have the qb to execute it. Like I posted 2 years ago, they should have traded Dak after his rookie year (when his stock was sky high) for the rights to Watson out of Clemson. Dak can't take this or any team to the top.

Football is changing, the days of Brady or manning type of offenses are going away. Rogers is the only qb without the ability to move chains with both his arm and legs. And his team is going to be out of the playoffs.

Edit to add..... Payton was brought in by Parcells to help romo , who had the same issues Dak is having. Dak is thinking too much about not turning the ball over. He needs someone to give him confidence in the system (which btw is not a good one) and be aggressive. Parcells, after Payton worked with romo, told romo on Friday afternoons "I want to see at least one interception from you Sunday". He was just trying to get an aggressive side to romo, which came to be. ... Problem is, no one on the staff right now has Payton's ability to work with qb's.

Last edited by ElKabong; 12-24-2018 at 11:43 PM.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-25-2018, 09:05 AM   #8
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Before Dallas went on the win streak, Garrett was as good as gone. Sean Payton would have been Jones target. He'd empty the bank for him too.

Garrett is safe now, the fans of the cows are not happy here. Talk radio went on about how quiet the stadium was yesterday, with a win getting them the division. Brad Sham, the play by play guy said during a first down call "hey you people in the building, church was over two hours ago".

Cows fans want a KC style offense. Dream on, they don't have the qb to execute it. Like I posted 2 years ago, they should have traded Dak after his rookie year (when his stock was sky high) for the rights to Watson out of Clemson. Dak can't take this or any team to the top.

Football is changing, the days of Brady or manning type of offenses are going away. Rogers is the only qb without the ability to move chains with both his arm and legs. And his team is going to be out of the playoffs.

Edit to add..... Payton was brought in by Parcells to help romo , who had the same issues Dak is having. Dak is thinking too much about not turning the ball over. He needs someone to give him confidence in the system (which btw is not a good one) and be aggressive. Parcells, after Payton worked with romo, told romo on Friday afternoons "I want to see at least one interception from you Sunday". He was just trying to get an aggressive side to romo, which came to be. ... Problem is, no one on the staff right now has Payton's ability to work with qb's.
The problem with the Cowboys is Jerry Jones always has to be the biggest swinging di*k in the room.Payton would want control which Jerry would only cede for awhile.There's a reason Jimmy Johnson and Bill Parcells didn't hang around very long and Jason Garrett has.

As for Tomlin, I always find his press conferences that I've seen to be highly entertaining because he's so ridiculously intense; I'm still waiting for him to pull out a handgun and start blasting away.Not that great at situational football but he seems to get the most out of his players.Pittsburgh likes stability but another disappointing season like this year and he could be shown the door.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-25-2018, 01:42 PM   #9
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
The problem with the Cowboys is Jerry Jones always has to be the biggest swinging di*k in the room.Payton would want control which Jerry would only cede for awhile.There's a reason Jimmy Johnson and Bill Parcells didn't hang around very long and Jason Garrett has.

As for Tomlin, I always find his press conferences that I've seen to be highly entertaining because he's so ridiculously intense; I'm still waiting for him to pull out a handgun and start blasting away.Not that great at situational football but he seems to get the most out of his players.Pittsburgh likes stability but another disappointing season like this year and he could be shown the door.
The cowboy's problem is that Dak can't throw 20 yards. lol...

As to the Tomlin intensity, did you watch Bill Cower train his menacing glare on any reporter bold enough to ask a real, substantive question?? I couldn't BELIEVE the Rooneys let him so overtly intimidate journalists after each loss.

And finally, they didn't, as there came a time when Cower suddenly dialed it down and became civil. I'd bet anything the Rooneys told him to cool it. And in no uncertain terms.

I do think Tomlin's aloofness has alienated most Pittsburgh sports reporters.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-25-2018, 05:29 PM   #10
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post

Beginning in 2012 jones has dialed it back a lot. You can see it in him every year, he's not the same guy that was pissed off about Johnson not welcoming him to the coaches dinner table.

His son exerts at least as much power nowadays. Spring of 2013 Stephen and two of the coaches wanted a dominant O lineman in the first round. Jerry wanted Johnny manzeil. Stephen's choice won the moment and proved to be right. From that moment on, Jerry has really toned it down. Garrett has had little disruption from jones, no more than most of their HCs face from ownership.

I Still don't like Jerry.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-26-2018, 05:17 AM   #11
ultracapper

Quote:
Why the hell was Stevan Ridley carrying the ball in that situation in the first place? The coaching decision to give the ball to Ridley was damn near as good as fumbling it himself.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-26-2018, 09:42 AM   #12
proximity

i was rooting for new orleans but the officiating in this game was horrible and the first big pass interference against Pittsburgh was criminal.
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-26-2018, 11:19 AM   #13
delayjf

Quote:
Romo developed into a top ten QB. The offense had to carry the team during his tenure. If Romo had the defense DAK has now, they would have been a serious SB contender. Dak simply takes too long in the pocket and misses too many throws.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-28-2018, 12:13 PM   #14
ultracapper

Romo's aggression would bite him in the ass too often. I wish I could remember who said it, it was a top GM or HC at the time, but it was said the Cowboys will never win a SB with Romo because he can't play 3 games in a row without doing something that will endanger the outcome of a game. Holmgren said the same thing about Kitna when Kitna went from Seattle to Cincy. He told the Cincy people that Kitna will do something every game that will cost you points.
Old 12-28-2018, 12:16 PM   #15
ultracapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctownraces@bp View Post
One of the worst coachs in the NFL. I know Pittsburgh likes keeping there coach until they retire but enough is enough. The fake punt today was the final dagger. HE gives great post game chatter he can get a job as a public speaker. Been a pitt. fan since early 70s he gotta go
Understatement of the year. You've known only 3 HCs in your life. That is why the Steelers are always relevant. Unparalleled slavishness to their method.