Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Old 02-24-2021, 10:00 AM   #8836
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
As a fellow health fanatic I have found that very few people want to hear about what things they can do to try and enhance their health, but come illness they seem to all want to know about what magical supplement will make everything right.
So true.
Old 02-24-2021, 11:02 AM   #8837
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
As a fellow health fanatic I have found that very few people want to hear about what things they can do to try and enhance their health, but come illness they seem to all want to know about what magical supplement will make everything right.
I'm kind of in the middle on this.

I generally eat healthy, keep my weight good, but don't exercise enough. Part of me knows I could do even better on the eating side and could do way better on the exercise side, but there are tradeoffs in time and pleasure. I'm not going to totally stop eating some things that are probably bad for me because I enjoy them too much. I'm not going to do exercises at home or at a gym that bore the crap out of me. I'm going to wait for the nice weather and play tennis with friends because I enjoy that. The problem we have now is that we can't even get people to that "moderation" level. They eat until they are obese and do no exercise.
Old 02-24-2021, 11:17 AM   #8838
boxcar

Dr. Marilyn Singleton: With Covid, ‘it looks like we’re being groomed for more authoritarian control’

Government and media love to say, "Follow the science." But are they really practicing what they preach? According to Dr. Marilyn Singleton, the decisions being made about how to handle Covid-19 have less to do with science and more to do with how the government wants to control us all.

And then this interesting excerpt:

“This should be reproduceable results and asking solid questions of people,” she said, referring to the proper way to study and react to Covid-19. “There’s epidemiological lists that should be gone through, and none of this is really being done. It seems like only the data that supports what the government wants you to do, and I just hate to say this but it looks like we’re being groomed for more authoritarian control.”

Public information regarding Covid-19 is limited for a reason. There’s a political agenda that holds primacy over the true medical considerations. They’re not following the science. They’re using the science for control. (emphasis mine)

https://noqreport.com/2021/02/23/dr-...arian-control/

This last paragraph says it all. Is this why Dr. Knauss and several medical universities (from another recent thread) that requested positive covid samples from the CDC were turned down -- with the excuse being that the CDC (Center for Deception and Contradiction) didn't have any on hand? I mean really? I thought we were all in this together? I thought real patriots were all team players, no? Where is the CDC's spirit of cooperation for the "public good"? Why would the CDC not want as many scientific minds as possible look at positive covid examples?
Old 02-24-2021, 12:04 PM   #8839
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I'm kind of in the middle on this.

I generally eat healthy, keep my weight good, but don't exercise enough. Part of me knows I could do even better on the eating side and could do way better on the exercise side, but there are tradeoffs in time and pleasure. I'm not going to totally stop eating some things that are probably bad for me because I enjoy them too much. I'm not going to do exercises at home or at a gym that bore the crap out of me. I'm going to wait for the nice weather and play tennis with friends because I enjoy that. The problem we have now is that we can't even get people to that "moderation" level. They eat until they are obese and do no exercise.

IMO a person could do little or no exercise and be very healthy and maintain a healthy weight. A body can do marvelous things when nourished properly with sun, water and food coupled with restorative sleep and not interfering with our circadian rhythms. Add proper exercise and it only gets better.
Old 02-24-2021, 01:49 PM   #8840
thaskalos

IMO, the main reason why we older people don't get enough exercise isn't because of a lack of time...but because of a lack of energy. What isn't widely known is that a healthy diet increases our energy level to the point where a regular exercise program doesn't just become manageable...it becomes downright desirable. At least that's how it was for me.

Last edited by thaskalos; 02-24-2021 at 01:51 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2021, 03:32 PM   #8841
46zilzal
velocitician

You forgot the fact that CRIPPLING osteoarthritis is a very common reason for lacking exercise in the geriatric.. Combine that with fear of falling and you have the entire package.
Old 02-24-2021, 04:51 PM   #8842
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
IMO, the main reason why we older people don't get enough exercise isn't because of a lack of time...but because of a lack of energy. What isn't widely known is that a healthy diet increases our energy level to the point where a regular exercise program doesn't just become manageable...it becomes downright desirable. At least that's how it was for me.
I've been told that by other people. I'm sure you are right.

But part me likes spending time on the internet reading, debating horses, politics, basketball or playing my guitar poorly, doing my trip notes etc... I'm not going to push myself to exercise unless it's something I enjoy even more. About the only exercise I enjoy more is hanging out with friends playing outdoor tennis. I'm bad, but it's still fun to see friends and be active at the same time.
Old 02-24-2021, 05:13 PM   #8843
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
You forgot the fact that CRIPPLING osteoarthritis is a very common reason for lacking exercise in the geriatric.. Combine that with fear of falling and you have the entire package.

Very true and osteoarthritis can be accentuated by being overweight and obese so probably not a good idea to add to the odds of it occurring.
Old 02-24-2021, 05:31 PM   #8844
garyscpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I've been told that by other people. I'm sure you are right.

But part me likes spending time on the internet reading, debating horses, politics, basketball or playing my guitar poorly, doing my trip notes etc... I'm not going to push myself to exercise unless it's something I enjoy even more. About the only exercise I enjoy more is hanging out with friends playing outdoor tennis. I'm bad, but it's still fun to see friends and be active at the same time.
I've heard even the best over 50 tennis players in the country suffer from this lack of energy.
garyscpa is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-25-2021, 01:23 AM   #8845
lamboguy

for Wednesday, February 25, 2021

75,000 cases

2500 deaths
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-25-2021, 09:27 PM   #8846
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
for Wednesday, February 25, 2021

75,000 cases

2500 deaths
for Thursday, February 25, 2021

77,000 cases

2400 deaths
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-26-2021, 05:10 AM   #8847
davew

drop over last 6 weeks could be related to 'health care workers' and 'first responders' getting the vaccine first.

most likely they were the 'super spreaders'
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-26-2021, 05:22 PM   #8848
Rohirrim
Veteran

Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-26-2021, 05:31 PM   #8849
davew

Very concerning indeed. How can they keep lying to the masses to induce fear and controllability? More and more people are calling BS.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-26-2021, 06:46 PM   #8850
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Funny how she is the truth, the way, the light on this, but on schools opening, she was speaking as a private citizen........see, as long as we have pigeons out there like Roh/Ely, they get way with it.

People who are able to think don't get fooled.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: