Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-13-2019, 05:25 PM   #1
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Another nut goes over the edge

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bill-ny...cimate-change/

"the planet's on f****ing fire" and we need to "grow the f*** up" ..

Is hcap really BILL NYE?
The rant sounds vaguely familiar.

More nuts at work - Illinois is considering a bill to tax people who bought electric cars $1000 per year because they are NOT paying a gas tax but are still on the roads.

Global warming might be bad, but at least it is growing record crops of NUTs!
Old 05-13-2019, 05:32 PM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Meanwhile, I'm suffering through the coldest, wettest spring I can remember in a LONG while...

Where's all this heat supposed to dry the planet to a crisp?
Old 05-13-2019, 05:55 PM   #3
OntheRail

Tell me about it... it a sultry steamy 46 outside with rain and a chance of snow later. I'm sinking up to my calves out back. Global Warning my Azz.
Old 05-13-2019, 07:15 PM   #4
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post

Is hcap really BILL NYE?

More nuts at work - Illinois is considering a bill to tax people who bought electric cars $1000 per year because they are NOT paying a gas tax but are still on the roads.

If you're a liberal this makes sense. Someone has to pick up the tab for all that lost tax revenue. Who better but the gullible Chicken Little suckers who so willingly bought into the con? Poetic Justice when you think about it...
Old 05-13-2019, 08:40 PM   #5
46zilzal
velocitician

I have, UNFORTUNATELY, been on the informed side of this since I was a graduate school studying lead poisoning .

ANYONE knowing the basics of the science of ecology, carrying capacities and life cycles (most Biology and Zoology graduates) KNOWS for a fact,that if the overpopulation of this planet does not change radically before NATURE herself does it by plague or catastrophic climate alteration, we, as a species are DONE FOR.

The Sixth Extinction is already under way
Old 05-13-2019, 08:46 PM   #6
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
I have, UNFORTUNATELY, been on the informed side of this since I was a graduate school studying lead poisoning .

ANYONE knowing the basics of the science of ecology, carrying capacities and life cycles (most Biology and Zoology graduates) KNOWS for a fact,that if the overpopulation of this planet does not change radically before NATURE herself does it by plague or catastrophic climate alteration, we, as a species are DONE FOR.

The Sixth Extinction is already under way
Does this mean that your transportation is an electric skateboard?
Old 05-13-2019, 10:05 PM   #7
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post

Is hcap really BILL NYE?

Sooner or later you'll realize you've already lost the climate change fight. The pendulum has already swung past center to the climate change side. This isn't just opinion, delusion or hope. It's happening.

Did you ever hear that Al Gore offsets his emissions from flying with carbon credit?
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-13-2019, 10:13 PM   #8
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
Sooner or later you'll realize you've already lost the climate change fight. The pendulum has already swung past center to the climate change side. This isn't just opinion, delusion or hope. It's happening.

Did you ever hear that Al Gore offsets his emissions from flying with carbon credit?
I learn something new everyday. A certificate, purchased with money, determines how nature acts.

Color me educated.
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-13-2019, 10:49 PM   #9
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
If you're a liberal this makes sense. Someone has to pick up the tab for all that lost tax revenue. Who better but the gullible Chicken Little suckers who so willingly bought into the con? Poetic Justice when you think about it...
You've got to stop posting in places where your knowledge is limited, skewed or both. Let me ask you a question. How much do electric vehicles pay to help keep roads and bridges in shape? Or to offset the cost of snow plowing? Even though they are electric, they do contribute to wear and tear on the roads. The don't pay the federal gas tax which means they have no money in the HUTF (highway users tax fund). If you have a gasoline powered car you pay it. It's then distributed back to your state. Electric vehicles pay low registration fees in Illinois. So sure they're pissed at paying another G in registration fees. But they would still only pay about 1/3 to 1/4 of what gasoline vehicles pay. Don't you think it's only fair that electric vehicles chip in on transportation maintenance?

Now some idiot on Twitter tried to tell me the power plants that generate electricity to charge electric vehicles pay taxes (not all of them do, including municipal utilities and co-ops) and that makes electric vehicles the same as gas. Yes, utilities pay taxes, but the money goes to something other than highway and bridge maintenance. So, don't side with the embarrassingly ill-informed, or the Tesla owning whiners paying a G to register their $75,000 car. Show some nuts. The opportunity is staring you in the face.
Old 05-13-2019, 10:53 PM   #10
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:

I forgot to tell you. Cows don't fart methane. Any time you say that they do, it's fake news. But how do they emit methane....hmmm?
Old 05-13-2019, 10:57 PM   #11
chrisl

Quote:
I forgot to tell you. Cows don't fart methane. Any time you say that they do, it's fake news. But how do they emit methane....hmmm?
This is one time, I will believe your opinion. I do feel, you know a lot about this. I would go as far as to say...Expert in this field.
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-13-2019, 11:12 PM   #12
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
I learn something new everyday. A certificate, purchased with money, determines how nature acts.

Color me educated.
Clearly you've spent too much time reading someone's stuff in the religion thread. Stop doing it. It causes you to misrepresent carbon credits and the carbon market. Did you know those carbon credits on that certificate are traded on the Chicago Exchange? The certificate is how we know how much a source has reduced. It can be sold or retired. You can only keep the truth on hold for so long.

Last edited by HalvOnHorseracing; 05-13-2019 at 11:18 PM.
Old 05-13-2019, 11:16 PM   #13
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail View Post
Tell me about it... it a sultry steamy 46 outside with rain and a chance of snow later. I'm sinking up to my calves out back. Global Warning my Azz.

Did you not realize that the earth is tilting AWAY from the direct rays of the sun during WINTER?
Old 05-13-2019, 11:26 PM   #14
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl View Post
This is one time, I will believe your opinion. I do feel, you know a lot about this. I would go as far as to say...Expert in this field.
I'll bet you thought that was funny. I'll bet you do know enough a lot about farting. Like I've said. Deniers are done having control of issue.

I typed my funny joke but I decided to not sink to your level.
Old 05-13-2019, 11:41 PM   #15
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Clearly you've spent too much time reading someone's stuff in the religion thread. Stop doing it. It causes you to misrepresent carbon credits and the carbon market. Did you know those carbon credits on that certificate are traded on the Chicago Exchange? The certificate is how we know how much a source has reduced. It can be sold or retired. You can only keep the truth on hold for so long.
As I said, I did not know a certificate, traded for money, which are all man made, determines how nature acts.

What a breakthrough.
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply