Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 05-08-2019, 06:54 PM   #1
UnifiedTheory

Handicapper's Lab - Contact Link Broken

Does anyone know if Randy Giles of Handicapper's Lab and of paceappraiser.com is still around and if he's still selling Handicapper's Lab?

The reason I ask is because the contact link at paceappraiser.com has been broken for at least the past six months.

On one part of paceappraiser.com he refutes the rumours in 2015 of the business being closed down. Seems odd four years later that the note is still there plus the website states a copyright only to 2018 rather than updated to 2019.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
UnifiedTheory is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2019, 09:39 PM   #2
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

http://www.paceappraiser.com/handicapperslab/Site/The_Handicappers_Lab.html

works for me
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2019, 10:11 PM   #3
MONEY

I've never heard of paceappraiser.com before I saw this thread.
When I clicked on the contact link I got, "404 (Page Not Found) Error", so maybe the site is kaput.
Old 05-08-2019, 10:20 PM   #4
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

http://www.paceappraiser.com
Speed Figure is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2019, 10:23 PM   #5
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Huh....I can get to everything else BUT the contact page.

I did happen to notice RPM was now selling his PACE APPRAISER.
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-09-2019, 07:39 AM   #6
UnifiedTheory

Handicapper's Lab - RPM - ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg View Post
Huh....I can get to everything else BUT the contact page.

I did happen to notice RPM was now selling his PACE APPRAISER.

Thanks for your input Greg.

I also noticed that RPM is selling Handicapper's Lab. This oddity plus the other oddities I mentioned made me hesitant to try to buy it from paceappraiser.com. I'm naturally concerned about possibly paying but not receiving anything.

And as far as buying HL from RPM, I don't know if version 1.0 that they are somehow selling without an ongoing lawsuit from Randy Giles is even the latest version of the software. I can't see any mention at paceappraiser of the current version.

So if I want Handicapper's Lab, I guess I either send a $69 payment to paceappraiser and hope to receive something or pay $85 to RPM for what might be an old version of the software. (1.0 sounds like beta) Plus if RPM is guilty of software piracy then I'd hate to reward unethical business practises.

By the way, I get that the paceappraiser software is so straight forward it doesn't really require support and that Randy Giles is an older fellow who might have simply grown weary of having an active contact link leaving him open to negative comments from noobs who expected to get rick quick.

If anyone else has more info about Handicapper's Lab or Randy Giles I'd love to hear it.
Old 05-09-2019, 09:46 AM   #7
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Last tweet was in 2014.
Old 05-09-2019, 10:15 AM   #8
thaskalos

Is Mr Giles still alive? I recall that he paid us a visit here some years ago...and we got to ask him a bunch of questions. He told me that he was working on an updated and expanded version of his pace handicapping book...which never materialized. I hope he is doing well.
Old 05-09-2019, 11:03 AM   #9
Partsnut
BetMix User

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Is Mr Giles still alive? I recall that he paid us a visit here some years ago...and we got to ask him a bunch of questions. He told me that he was working on an updated and expanded version of his pace handicapping book...which never materialized. I hope he is doing well.
I spoke to Randy recently and he was doing well.
Dave Powers (RPM) is currently marketing Randy's Handicapper Lab software. I am still able to access his interactive PaceAppraiser website and use it on occasion.
Randy is the consummate gentleman and has been a good friend to me. He is one of the nicest individuals I have had the pleasure of being acquainted with.
Old 05-09-2019, 11:13 AM   #10
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partsnut View Post
Dave Powers (RPM) is currently marketing Randy's Handicapper Lab software. I am still able to access his interactive PaceAppraiser website and use it on occasion.
Randy is the consummate gentleman and has been a good friend to me. He is one of the nicest individuals I have had the pleasure of being acquainted with.
Do you know if he is active at the betting windows? I am a little suspicious when I see a handicapping author or software developer who "isn't interested" in the betting aspect of this game.
Old 05-09-2019, 11:39 AM   #11
Partsnut
BetMix User

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Do you know if he is active at the betting windows? I am a little suspicious when I see a handicapping author or software developer who "isn't interested" in the betting aspect of this game.
According to the conversations I have had with Randy, I would be led to believe that he
was indeed an active bettor. He is not the type of an individual that would intentionally
mislead anyone.or make fallacious statements.
Old 05-09-2019, 12:56 PM   #12
Partsnut
BetMix User

I just got off the phone with Randy and he is alive and well.
I am sure he may respond to this thread and answer some of your questions.

The web site is still working for me.
I am attaching a PDF file with todays R9 at GPX.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf GPX050919R9.pdf (63.6 KB, 105 views)
Old 05-09-2019, 07:22 PM   #13
UnifiedTheory

Great News! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partsnut View Post

Thank you Partsnut. I appreciate all the detailed info!

I find it a little curious that RPM can make very much money from selling a program that can be purchased for a cheaper price from paceappraiser.com. Since I always google any handicapping program for potential reviews before purchasing, I assume most people do the same. A quick google search would reveal paceappraiser.com selling the program for $69 rather than $85. But apparently there are many impulsive buyers out there.

I'm happy to hear Randy Giles is still on the right side of the lawn and that I can purchase the Handicapper's Lab from the creator's website for $69.

Thanks again for all the detailed info!
Old 05-11-2019, 12:04 AM   #14
theotherside

Randy Giles

Not sure he said you can still purchase from Giles website.I am interested in it also but not from RPM.Would like to know if we purchase from the Giles website will we receive a download link or what the deal is!
theotherside is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-11-2019, 12:11 AM   #15
theotherside

Randy

Partsnut perhaps you can call and ask Randy if we can order handicappers lab from his website!
theotherside is offline   Reply With Quote Reply