Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 04-29-2019, 06:42 PM   #16
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Distressed over the selection of Daniel Jones as the Giants QB of the future.If your future plans include being 6-10 or 7-9 every year with an Andy Dalton clone,then it was a genius move.There were some true defensive studs available at 6 and they go with somebody who would have been available in the second round.If they had taken Haskins at that spot,I could have lived with that.Duane,at least, has some upside.

On a somber note, the Giants 6th round pick Corey Ballentine ,a DB from Washburn College (Kansas) were walking from an on campus party with one of his teammates ,when they were shot by people in a car.Ballentine's teammate was killed and Ballentine was wounded,but not life threatening.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-29-2019, 08:31 PM   #17
Secondbest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist View Post
It looks good at this point, but realistically we need two more years to see all the teams to truly judge the Colts (or any) team's 2018 draft.
True. But linemen like Nelson usually don't regress but continue to play at a high level Hard to see Leonard regress but We shall see.
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-29-2019, 08:37 PM   #18
Secondbest

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
Distressed over the selection of Daniel Jones as the Giants QB of the future.If your future plans include being 6-10 or 7-9 every year with an Andy Dalton clone,then it was a genius move.There were some true defensive studs available at 6 and they go with somebody who would have been available in the second round.If they had taken Haskins at that spot,I could have lived with that.Duane,at least, has some upside.

On a somber note, the Giants 6th round pick Corey Ballentine ,a DB from Washburn College (Kansas) were walking from an on campus party with one of his teammates ,when they were shot by people in a car.Ballentine's teammate was killed and Ballentine was wounded,but not life threatening.
Gettlemen talks tough trying to be a George Young clone. He isn't . A running back no matter how good at 2 is a bad move and he followed it up this year.
I'm not smart enough to know if Jones will be any good but I have to hope he is.
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-12-2019, 08:18 PM   #19
proximity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondbest View Post
True. But linemen like Nelson usually don't regress but continue to play at a high level Hard to see Leonard regress but We shall see.
smith was also quietly really good at rt for the colts.

great job by mr ballard!!
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply