Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 05-24-2019, 11:16 PM   #1
Robert Fischer
clean money

$million carryover, When is 'mandatory payout day' for Gulfstream?

$1,344,573 in the Gulfstream Park rainbow carryover so far

Anyone happen to know when the Mandatory Payout day is scheduled?

Pimlico has a smaller carryover (~200k) w/ Mandatory Payout day on Memorial Day 5/27.

Thanks
Old 05-27-2019, 05:25 PM   #2
SG4

June 30 at GP if it makes it that far
SG4 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-27-2019, 06:17 PM   #3
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG4 View Post
thanks
good info

Old 05-30-2019, 01:12 PM   #4
LemonSoupKid

Quote:
Yes, thanks. I've never found where this is published ... is it?
LemonSoupKid is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-30-2019, 11:22 PM   #5
SG4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonSoupKid View Post
Yes, thanks. I've never found where this is published ... is it?

I've been very disappointed with tracks around the country far as their clear publicity of mandatory days, whether it be a special distribution mid-meet or the final day of a meet. This is a windfall day for them, you think there'd be some sort of mass marketing e-mail via all the ADW's in partnership with the track, a banner on the front page of their websites, a mention on DRF, anything at least to get the word out in advance to their customer base, but usually I come across these in a random tweet or a passing mention on TVG (which is fortunate since I usually have them on mute) or sometimes I don't find out until after the fact which is very frustrating.

Long story short, I came across this GP distribution date on Mike Welsch's twitter stream, he usually seems to be most reliable on these updates for GP but I have a hard time confirming them as usually nothing on GP's website about it.
SG4 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-02-2019, 08:49 PM   #6
LemonSoupKid

I totally agree, last time I found out about it it was either a day or two before ... I think Gulfstream had one in March, and Santa Anita too ... also Santa Anita closed their racing out last year with a decent sequence.
Old 06-02-2019, 08:55 PM   #7
LemonSoupKid

2 million dollar carryover as of today ... can it last 20 more days?
Old 06-03-2019, 01:50 PM   #8
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
I've been very disappointed with tracks around the country far as their clear publicity of mandatory days, whether it be a special distribution mid-meet or the final day of a meet.
Quote:
I totally agree, last time I found out about it it was either a day or two before ... I think Gulfstream had one in March, and Santa Anita too ... also Santa Anita closed their racing out last year with a decent sequence.

I don't know whether it is just incompetence, or whether they feel the need to hype the Rainbow-6 days instead, because of the poor takeout%, and a market for the carryover amounts. It's possible that a marketing strategy is to not hype the 'mandatory' day, in part in fear of players saving.

I honestly have no idea.

I do find it frustrating that it isn't posted prominently somewhere, and that there's a need to 'reach out' and search to hopefully find the info.

On the other hand. You know the mandatory day ~June 30, so that can be used wisely in the meantime.

Quote:
2 million dollar carryover as of today ... can it last 20 more days?
Think it can/will be hit, but I'd love to see it continue to build. What are we looking at in that case? Maybe $4 Million? Would be a huge pool that day, carryover+big action.
Old 06-03-2019, 02:02 PM   #9
parlay

short fields

And 8 race cards will insure it goes the distance
parlay is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2019, 11:58 AM   #10
LemonSoupKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by parlay View Post
And 8 race cards will insure it goes the distance
Exactly.

The rainbow BS is so stupid. Beyer's original article on how dumb it is (50% take on a non mandatory day) was actually super funny, and sad.
Old 06-05-2019, 07:24 AM   #11
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
I don't know whether it is just incompetence, or whether they feel the need to hype the Rainbow-6 days instead, because of the poor takeout%, and a market for the carryover amounts. It's possible that a marketing strategy is to not hype the 'mandatory' day, in part in fear of players saving.

I honestly have no idea.

I do find it frustrating that it isn't posted prominently somewhere, and that there's a need to 'reach out' and search to hopefully find the info.

On the other hand. You know the mandatory day ~June 30, so that can be used wisely in the meantime.

Think it can/will be hit, but I'd love to see it continue to build. What are we looking at in that case? Maybe $4 Million? Would be a huge pool that day, carryover+big action.
It's because they want to suck people in to playing it EVERY day, even with basically 40-50% takeout, instead of waiting for the one logical day to play it, which is the mandatory payout day. If they emphasize the mandatory payout day, people would catch on to how bad a bet it is the rest of the time.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2019, 03:33 PM   #12
therussmeister
Out-of-town Jasper

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01 View Post
It's because they want to suck people in to playing it EVERY day, even with basically 40-50% takeout, instead of waiting for the one logical day to play it, which is the mandatory payout day. If they emphasize the mandatory payout day, people would catch on to how bad a bet it is the rest of the time.
No they wouldn't. If I thought horse players were as smart as you portray them I would have quit long ago.

~Alan Watts
therussmeister is offline   Reply With Quote Reply