Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Library

Old 09-15-2017, 05:26 PM   #1
betovernetcapper

Estate Sale

I am pushing 70 & am moving to a much smaller apartment Oct 1st. You are no doubt saying "Who cares?". Well if your in Chicago Sunday you should care because I'm having an estate sale. The item that will interest PA readers is ALL of my horse racing books & various tapes. Of particular interest is a real framed winners circle photo of Spectacular Bid along with Bud & the crew. Glass is broken but that's a cheap fix. A Willie Shoemaker coffee cup give away from AP. A 1998 Kentucky Derby poster. Good Shape. Two Kentucky derby glasses one from 1979 & one from 1984. @ like new. My intention is to sell this as a lot. If I were to sell each item on eBAY, it would bring at least $500. My price is $175 & if you tell me your a PA member that I haven't blocked LOL, the price is $150. If you miss this deal the Angels in Heaven shall weep.

I'm also selling some great old radios & clocks, vintage pocket knives, Antique cameras, still & one very early moving picture camera, in original leather case. There is a wooden coffin style violin case circa late 1800s. Some swords. Oh and some magic material including some high end magic books. There is some antique furniture and old tools.

It's from 11am til 4pm. Cash only. P mail me for address if your going to be in Chicago Sunday.

My posts & letters & avatars & whatever reflect solely my own world view- Born in 1948 and never an I.C.E. visit

Last edited by betovernetcapper; 09-15-2017 at 05:27 PM.
betovernetcapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-15-2017, 05:37 PM   #2
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by betovernetcapper View Post
I am pushing 70 & am moving to a much smaller apartment Oct 1st. You are no doubt saying "Who cares?". Well if your in Chicago Sunday you should care because I'm having an estate sale. The item that will interest PA readers is ALL of my horse racing books & various tapes. Of particular interest is a real framed winners circle photo of Spectacular Bid along with Bud & the crew. Glass is broken but that's a cheap fix. A Willie Shoemaker coffee cup give away from AP. A 1998 Kentucky Derby poster. Good Shape. Two Kentucky derby glasses one from 1979 & one from 1984. @ like new. My intention is to sell this as a lot. If I were to sell each item on eBAY, it would bring at least $500. My price is $175 & if you tell me your a PA member that I haven't blocked LOL, the price is $150. If you miss this deal the Angels in Heaven shall weep.

I'm also selling some great old radios & clocks, vintage pocket knives, Antique cameras, still & one very early moving picture camera, in original leather case. There is a wooden coffin style violin case circa late 1800s. Some swords. Oh and some magic material including some high end magic books. There is some antique furniture and old tools.

It's from 11am til 4pm. Cash only. P mail me for address if your going to be in Chicago Sunday.
iwill take the whole deal and pay for the shipping
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-15-2017, 07:10 PM   #3
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
iwill take the whole deal and pay for the shipping
Nice
Old 09-15-2017, 07:38 PM   #4
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:

I hope that you have many quality years left in your life. This begs the question, isn't an estate sale held after somebody passes away?
Old 09-15-2017, 07:56 PM   #5
Tape Reader

Quote:

What price for the magic stuff?
Tape Reader is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-16-2017, 08:21 AM   #6
CheckMark

Quote:

I will take all the handicapping books you have and pay for shipping.
Old 09-16-2017, 02:48 PM   #7
betovernetcapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckMark View Post
I will take all the handicapping books you have and pay for shipping.
Sorry Lamboguy beat you to it & collection will shortly be shipped to East Coast. Thanks for the offer though.

My posts & letters & avatars & whatever reflect solely my own world view- Born in 1948 and never an I.C.E. visit
Old 09-16-2017, 03:03 PM   #8
betovernetcapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfin66 View Post
I hope that you have many quality years left in your life. This begs the question, isn't an estate sale held after somebody passes away?

I hope I have a few quality years left & thank you for your hopes. I'm sure between now & Sunday morning, someone will pass away without an estate sale & I'm just offering one that should have been offered. Besides I'm getting old & I don't want someone just giving my items to a Goodwill Store. I'd rather they go to someone that would appreciate them. Unorthodox. but not a scam. If I didn't have to move to a tiny space, I wouldn't sell anything.

Old 09-24-2017, 08:56 AM   #9
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
I hope I have a few quality years left & thank you for your hopes. I'm sure between now & Sunday morning, someone will pass away without an estate sale & I'm just offering one that should have been offered. Besides I'm getting old & I don't want someone just giving my items to a Goodwill Store. I'd rather they go to someone that would appreciate them. Unorthodox. but not a scam. If I didn't have to move to a tiny space, I wouldn't sell anything.
There are lots of "living" estate sales these days, with people doing exactly as you are.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2017, 07:13 PM   #10
betovernetcapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
There are lots of "living" estate sales these days, with people doing exactly as you are.
My niece put this on social media along with the hours & conditions. 11am to 4pm-CASH I stayed up till 3 am putting prices on things and putting away things I didn't want to sell. I set the alarm for 8 am, made some coffee, showered & began with the finishing touches. First guy shows up at 9am from a place called Wheaton which is two hours away. I had some pretty nice items up for sale like a mint 1st edition of Uncle Tom's Cabin & a furniture grade ice box from 1900. I also had some stuff, I just wanted to get rid of. Financially it was a good day, but I didn't sell a single good item. All people seemed to be interested in was junk. A beer can, some kid had soldered a handle to brought $10 with no salesmanship. If this is typical, I may be having living estate sales every few months.

Old 10-02-2017, 11:31 AM   #11
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
My niece put this on social media along with the hours & conditions. 11am to 4pm-CASH I stayed up till 3 am putting prices on things and putting away things I didn't want to sell. I set the alarm for 8 am, made some coffee, showered & began with the finishing touches. First guy shows up at 9am from a place called Wheaton which is two hours away. I had some pretty nice items up for sale like a mint 1st edition of Uncle Tom's Cabin & a furniture grade ice box from 1900. I also had some stuff, I just wanted to get rid of. Financially it was a good day, but I didn't sell a single good item. All people seemed to be interested in was junk. A beer can, some kid had soldered a handle to brought $10 with no salesmanship. If this is typical, I may be having living estate sales every few months.
Ok...lets talk about the things you didn't want to sell...
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-04-2017, 06:28 PM   #12
betovernetcapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57 View Post
Ok...lets talk about the things you didn't want to sell...

LOL This is only for horse racing stuff. And after moving over a ton of stuff, I have no energy to talk about or sell anything. Amusing note, the day I was moving, this guy called & usually babbles on for 20 minutes or so. He & his friend had each offered to help me move. He calls when I'm in the middle of moving and said "Hi what are you up to?" I answered "I'm in the middle of moving". He said "I'll call you later CLICK". Haven't heard from the SOB since.

Old 10-04-2017, 06:32 PM   #13
lamboguy

i just got your package, thank you very much
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-06-2017, 03:03 PM   #14
betovernetcapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
i just got your package, thank you very much

I'm glad you got it. Thought I might have put on the wrong address. Hope you enjoy it.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: