Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-17-2012, 02:00 PM   #1
Lancelot10

Parx leading trainer and lidocaine

Can anyone answer this? I am an avid follower of Parx and frequently play Phil Aristones horses, as he does well. Anyway, i was looking at the entries and noticed he didn't have any horses entered in the coming days. But did notice a horse i played last year, and followed this year was entered under a different trainers name. D.Reeder. So when i further investigated saw that all of Phils horse were transferred to this guys name. But why...

Well, i looked on www.thoroughbredrulings.com and saw that on May 21,2012 Awesome Kisses, who won and was dq., tested positive for Lidocaine..... Is it me or isn't that a pretty serious offense?

It seems to me Parx just brushes things under the rug and keeps things hush hush. I mean you go through all that trouble to kick carlos guerrero out only to have his brother start where he left off once they knew the ban was in place...i would love to know what he is using because it obviously isnt carlos's great eye or placement of horses anymore...

Is it me or is this track one of the shadiest tracks out there? Just curious-thats all...
Lancelot10 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-17-2012, 02:05 PM   #2
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancelot10
Can anyone answer this? I am an avid follower of Parx and frequently play Phil Aristones horses, as he does well. Anyway, i was looking at the entries and noticed he didn't have any horses entered in the coming days. But did notice a horse i played last year, and followed this year was entered under a different trainers name. D.Reeder. So when i further investigated saw that all of Phils horse were transferred to this guys name. But why...

Well, i looked on www.thoroughbredrulings.com and saw that on May 21,2012 Awesome Kisses, who won and was dq., tested positive for Lidocaine..... Is it me or isn't that a pretty serious offense?

It seems to me Parx just brushes things under the rug and keeps things hush hush. I mean you go through all that trouble to kick carlos guerrero out only to have his brother start where he left off once they knew the ban was in place...i would love to know what he is using because it obviously isnt carlos's great eye or placement of horses anymore...

Is it me or is this track one of the shadiest tracks out there? Just curious-thats all...
its no different than any other track other than the test's might differ from other jurisdiction's. but believe this, trainers all over have gimmicks and tricks to get their horses to go these days. these tricks might stay under the radar and might not be illegal, but they are no good for the horse in the long run and no good for the game either.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-17-2012, 05:43 PM   #3
Robert Fischer
clean money

Parx

Quote:
Just curious-thats all...
you have 9 posts, and they are all negative posts about Parx.

do you have an agenda??

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 09-17-2012 at 05:44 PM.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-17-2012, 05:57 PM   #4
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer
you have 9 posts, and they are all negative posts about Parx.

do you have an agenda??
What about his posts do you find disingenuous?
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-17-2012, 06:14 PM   #5
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
What about his posts do you find disingenuous?

They are all bashing Parx racing ??
Old 09-17-2012, 08:00 PM   #6
Lancelot10

Yeah I guess I do have a grievance with them... They have taken a lot of money from me in betting monies and they have NOT MAKING PUBLIC THESE infractions costing me money. So yes, that hits me the wrong way!! Do you think I am going to continue to play a trainer who was hot and then gets a hot test. LET EVERYONE KNOW!!! I will not continue to play and its witholding important information from us- the betting Public. I shouldn't have to go play private eye finding out why someone like aristone put his horses with someone else..

I have been following Parx since it was Keystone and before that Liberty Bell, but it seems like it is becoming more and more corrupt with the advent of the slots.

That is my beef...
Lancelot10 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-17-2012, 08:12 PM   #7
Shemp Howard
Refugee from Bowie

PA racing sweeps everything under the rug. Same thing happens at Pen.It might happen at Presque Isle as well....after all they let Burton Sipp on the grounds.....but I doubt the 300 people who bet their races really care much.
Shemp Howard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-17-2012, 08:49 PM   #8
Shemp Howard
Refugee from Bowie

Quote:

He's entered 5 horses on Saturday, PA Derby Day. He's had entries running all month.
Shemp Howard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-17-2012, 10:43 PM   #9
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shemp Howard
He's entered 5 horses on Saturday, PA Derby Day. He's had entries running all month.
Yeah, seriously, I just saw this myself.

I believe this thread needs to be removed because it is based on entirely false information (well, the part about this trainer being suspended or having all his horses in someone else's care, which obviously isn't true...the part about his horse testing positive in July IS true...but it's obvious he hasn't been suspended...yet)
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-17-2012, 10:45 PM   #10
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
So when i further investigated saw that all of Phils horse were transferred to this guys name. But why...
What exactly was your investigation process like? Because seeing that he has horses entered on Saturday, either your investigation was wrong, or this guy had one super-short suspension (that apparently went unreported ANYWHERE, which would NOT be normal, even for Parx).
Old 09-17-2012, 11:17 PM   #11
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
What exactly was your investigation process like? Because seeing that he has horses entered on Saturday, either your investigation was wrong, or this guy had one super-short suspension (that apparently went unreported ANYWHERE, which would NOT be normal, even for Parx).
This shouldn't be that tough. When did a horse last run in his name?
Old 09-17-2012, 11:20 PM   #12
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
I don't know.

Why isn't his suspension and/or fine listed in the Jockey Club database? Why is there no news of it on Bloodhorse?
Old 09-18-2012, 12:12 AM   #13
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Aristone last had runners on 9/11 , last tuesday.

Donald Reeder has had just one horse run in the last 4 months - a 45/1 shot LITTLE MISS , a horse that Reeder CLAIMED from Aristone on July 31st.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:23 AM   #14
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
I don't know.

Why isn't his suspension and/or fine listed in the Jockey Club database? Why is there no news of it on Bloodhorse?
Nothing would surprise me when it comes to record keeping in this sport. And when it comes to suspensions, even moreso. So, his last horse ran was on the 11th, and no entries until Saturday, the 22nd? That is certainly a possible suspension.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:24 AM   #15
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer
They are all bashing Parx racing ??
Well, yeah, I got that point already. But unless there is something not factual (and maybe there is), being one topic minded isn't a crime. Ask Indolto and usedtolovetvg.