Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 06-07-2020, 04:18 PM   #241
mhaney0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57 View Post
Are you considering 3-4 months off a long layoff?
I consider anything over 90 days a long layoff.

3 didn't break well and lost all change, a better break and I think that horse is ITM
mhaney0423 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2020, 04:20 PM   #242
bbixler18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaney0423 View Post
I consider anything over 90 days a long layoff.

3 didn't break well and lost all change, a better break and I think that horse is ITM

Agree, at least wouldn't have gotten in the trouble it did with a better break. On to the next!
bbixler18 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2020, 04:20 PM   #243
mhaney0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbixler18 View Post
seemed like lots of trouble for this horse on the turn
Yea, didn't break I figured her on the lead, once she broke like 5th or 6th I knew this wasn't happening. Oh well at 14-1 it was worth the risk.
Old 06-07-2020, 04:23 PM   #244
mhaney0423

Important lesson here is, no matter what, I made a good bet there. There is really no second guessing myself, the horse didn't break, that's racing, that's why we demand our price before we bet, reward needs to be greater than the risk.
That was an excellent bet on that horse, and I would do it again 100x out of 100 races given the same scenario
Old 06-07-2020, 04:25 PM   #245
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Yea, didn't break I figured her on the lead, once she broke like 5th or 6th I knew this wasn't happening. Oh well at 14-1 it was worth the risk.
Totally Agree!!!

Besides bad break....Jock had horse in a strangle hold...

I honestly believe that holding back a speed horse is a case for better luck next time....

Horses have their way of running...unless a horse shows he can pass horses...holding back a speed horse is the end for him...

watch the race and see the jockey hold him back from going to the front...
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2020, 04:30 PM   #246
mhaney0423

Quote:
Totally Agree!!!

Besides bad break....Jock had horse in a strangle hold...

I honestly believe that holding back a speed horse is a case for better luck next time....

Horses have their way of running...unless a horse shows he can pass horses...holding back a speed horse is the end for him...

watch the race and see the jockey hold him back from going to the front...
Yea you are right, could've been orders from the trainer, could've been a bad decision, could've been they weren't even trying this race, I think that horse had her only lifetime win in a dirt sprint immediately following her only turf sprint, could be they are trying for the same thing here.....one to watch next start maybe, if its a dirt sprint?? Anyway, these things happen, on to the next.
Old 06-07-2020, 04:30 PM   #247
bbixler18

Quote:
Important lesson here is, no matter what, I made a good bet there. There is really no second guessing myself, the horse didn't break, that's racing, that's why we demand our price before we bet, reward needs to be greater than the risk.
That was an excellent bet on that horse, and I would do it again 100x out of 100 races given the same scenario

No doubt, it's why I appreciate you sharing and when I tag along I feel like I always made a great value bet.
Old 06-07-2020, 07:17 PM   #248
bbixler18

Quote:

GG7 1 1/16 turf Golden Poppy Stk
Tied for first on the line at 4-1 is Sloan Garden (GB) who is 8-1 on the ML. Horse is 7-8 lifetime ITM and seems well placed in her US stakes debut.
PICK: Sloan Garden (GB) at 7-1 or better

That's all for today folks and as always good luck to everyone.

M

wins but off at 7/2
Old 06-07-2020, 07:22 PM   #249
mhaney0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbixler18 View Post
wins but off at 7/2
Yep no bet, still a profitable day

060720res.JPG
Old 06-07-2020, 07:35 PM   #250
thaskalos

Quote:

Attachment 27559
Do you flat-bet the same amount on your qualified selections...or do you vary the betting amount in accordance with the "value" of the individual wager?
Old 06-07-2020, 07:39 PM   #251
mhaney0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Do you flat-bet the same amount on your qualified selections...or do you vary the betting amount in accordance with the "value" of the individual wager?
I flat bet, I am not smart enough to vary the amount, LOL
Old 06-07-2020, 07:41 PM   #252
bbixler18

Quote:

Attachment 27559

Old 06-12-2020, 08:34 AM   #253
mhaney0423

Results Week3 Valuecapper

Hello All,

Like I said before, for the sake of transparency, here are my results for the last week of Valuecapping. Had a very good day yesterday and turned a nice $480 profit for the week

week060520_061120.JPG

Here are my results since I have been posting to this thread on 05/24/20, as you can see, the program has almost paid for itself in three weeks, of course it has done this many times over since I began using it in Sept 2018. Please note my win% of 14% is higher than I would expect based on past results of about 9%, which either means Im getting better or a big losing streak is overdue!! I vote for the latter! Still waiting to post a losing week...……..believe me they are coming!!

Sincebeginning 052420_061120.JPG

Not much from a Vcp standpoint at first glance but I will post two or three races of interest later this AM.

Best,

M
Old 06-12-2020, 09:33 AM   #254
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Hello All,

Like I said before, for the sake of transparency, here are my results for the last week of Valuecapping. Had a very good day yesterday and turned a nice $480 profit for the week

Attachment 27613

Here are my results since I have been posting to this thread on 05/24/20, as you can see, the program has almost paid for itself in three weeks, of course it has done this many times over since I began using it in Sept 2018. Please note my win% of 14% is higher than I would expect based on past results of about 9%, which either means Im getting better or a big losing streak is overdue!! I vote for the latter! Still waiting to post a losing week...……..believe me they are coming!!

Attachment 27614

Not much from a Vcp standpoint at first glance but I will post two or three races of interest later this AM.

Best,

M
Thxs Matt...

You should ask MP is he got any new sales in the last 3 weeks....
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2020, 09:44 AM   #255
mhaney0423

Quote:
Thxs Matt...

You should ask MP is he got any new sales in the last 3 weeks....
Lol, I try not to bother the man!! Please remember though, I am not trying to get people to buy this software.....Ive said before and I'll say again, it costs a lot of money and even more costly <at least for me, is the time and commitment it takes to become proficient with it. I am simply trying to show what can be done with this software if you put in the time, $, and effort. I am sure there are people on here who have much better results with another software or maybe even just the good old fashioned form.
It was really difficult for me though, to come in here and read the bashing Michael Pizzolla was taking because of the price he charges for this software. The guy has created a great program, but what really makes it standout is the wealth of knowledge that he shares in his 100s of training videos. The guy is also very quick to answer emails and any questions one may have, usually within hours. He also is one of the few guys that will be honest with you regarding whether the software is for you, I remember inquiring about Black Magic in early 2017 and Michael told me to save my money and wait because VCP was coming out soon.....how many guys are gonna do that? Most would just let you buy the BM for like $1400 and then hit you for another $1200 for the VCP upgrade a year later. There is not many guys like MP in the business, although Ken Massa at HTR is also great.

m