Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-21-2009, 01:31 PM   #1
46zilzal
velocitician

another taser victim

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/20124384/detail.html

This time the guy burst into flames as the yokels tased without thinking YET AGAIN
Old 07-21-2009, 01:34 PM   #2
ddog

the taser should have been used on whomever ratted the guy out.
if he wants to get high on petrol that's his secondary right!

ddog is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2009, 01:38 PM   #3
bigmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal

This time the guy burst into flames as the yokels tased without thinking YET AGAIN
Not only that; the Wienermobile crashes into a garage.

What is becoming of this crazy, mixed-up world? This is an OUTRAGE!

http://www.thecelebritycafe.com/features/30497.html
bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2009, 01:51 PM   #4
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Damn Bush again, no doubt!
Old 07-21-2009, 03:19 PM   #5
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Now this is downright hysterical........ Gosh I hope they have video.......

Huffing Gasoline? Damn!!! I don't know whether to laugh or cry............

yeah I do................
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2009, 05:44 PM   #6
cj's dad

Quote:

In Australia - apparently this taser madness is spreading- innocent victims being tased for no reason at all- police happen to be driving down the street and see a guy leaving his vehicle and say "hey, let's tase him bro". Yeah, that's the ticket. If we're real lucky, a citizen will have their camera phone and we can lose our jobs and forfiet our pensions.

Apparently zilly- you did not actually READ the article.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:53 PM   #7
DJofSD
Screw PC

Quote:

What's his MPG? Maybe he can be considered to be a hybrid so he can use the car pool lane while going to hospital.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:08 PM   #8
Warren Henry
Once/Always

What should they do

So Zilly, what should the officers have done. Reason with him? Turn and run? Perhaps you think it would be better protocol to just drill him right between the running lights?

It looks to me like you see the word taser and you have a knee jerk fit of indignation.

Is the use of a taser ever justified?

The most important software is between your ears
Warren Henry is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2009, 11:11 PM   #9
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

46zil missed this one....front page of msn.com....

http://www.postchronicle.com/news/or....shtml?rssfeed

I'd like to know what the inside poop is to this campaign against tasers.

What is the far-left agenda here and why are they constantly pushing this angle on these non-lethal measures of law enforcement?

I haven't been able to figure it out, but someone out there smarter than me probably has by now....
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2009, 02:30 AM   #10
bigmack

I've been out of touch but is this what Slewis was in reference 2?
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/vid...thryn_Winkfein

Weird stuff.
bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2009, 06:46 AM   #11
slewis
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
46zil missed this one....front page of msn.com....

http://www.postchronicle.com/news/or....shtml?rssfeed

I'd like to know what the inside poop is to this campaign against tasers.

What is the far-left agenda here and why are they constantly pushing this angle on these non-lethal measures of law enforcement?

I haven't been able to figure it out, but someone out there smarter than me probably has by now....
Cut the crap PA.

This isn't a far left or right issue.

Bottom line here is some police officers use these things like they are some video game toy or something you'd pick up at toys r us.

I see some of these devices employed when there are 3 and 4 officers and one individual who's not even putting up a serious or threatening struggle.

In the case of Granny, that was a total joke and I'd have fired that cop THE NEXT DAY if I were chief of police. I haven't heard any updates to that case but I'll bet the attorneys for the county are trying to negotiate a settlement if they havent given granny a few hundred G's already.

In very particular circumstances, the weapon can be effective and save lives as an alternative to firing a gun, (or drawing one). In most cases (like the "dont taser me bro") it's use is almost comical, not to mention amaturistic.
slewis is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2009, 12:43 PM   #12
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis
Cut the crap PA.

This isn't a far left or right issue.

Bottom line here is some police officers use these things like they are some video game toy or something you'd pick up at toys r us.

I see some of these devices employed when there are 3 and 4 officers and one individual who's not even putting up a serious or threatening struggle.

In the case of Granny, that was a total joke and I'd have fired that cop THE NEXT DAY if I were chief of police. I haven't heard any updates to that case but I'll bet the attorneys for the county are trying to negotiate a settlement if they havent given granny a few hundred G's already.

In very particular circumstances, the weapon can be effective and save lives as an alternative to firing a gun, (or drawing one). In most cases (like the "dont taser me bro") it's use is almost comical, not to mention amaturistic.
Thanks for not answering my question. And no, I won't cut the crap. I don't see any "righties" posting unusual or unfortunate taser stories once every couple of weeks.

Cars kill HUGE numbers of people...the equivalent, each year, of TWO 747 jet crashes EVERY DAY for 365 days...yet we don't see stories of local car wrecks on msnbc.com

46 doesn't post about grannys or teenagers killed in auto accidents, then call for the banishment of such transportation.

So, again, I'll ask...what's the angle here?

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 07-22-2009 at 12:44 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2009, 12:51 PM   #13
dartman51

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJofSD
What's his MPG? Maybe he can be considered to be a hybrid so he can use the car pool lane while going to hospital.

Now THAT'S funny!!
dartman51 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2009, 02:47 PM   #14
lsbets

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Thanks for not answering my question. And no, I won't cut the crap. I don't see any "righties" posting unusual or unfortunate taser stories once every couple of weeks.
While I don't post the stories, you have seen me say several times that far too many officers have used tasers when they shouldn't and have shown they are not responsible enough to carry them. The cop in the granny case should be fired, along with his supervisor and trainer. The department shouldn't get to carry tasers anymore. When we allow the police to abuse the citizens they are supposed to protect, we are giving them the legal right to carry out the very criminal activities they are supposed to prevent. The perverted thought that police departments can be revenue generators for government has created a situation where more often than not, the police spend most of their time harassing good people instead of trying to prevent real crime.

Get rid of tasers, get rid of red light and speed cameras, decriminalize marijuana and prostitution, and cut the traffic cops in half. That would be a good start.

Now PA, am I a lefty?
lsbets is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2009, 02:52 PM   #15
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsbets
While I don't post the stories, you have seen me say several times that far too many officers have used tasers when they shouldn't and have shown they are not responsible enough to carry them. The cop in the granny case should be fired, along with his supervisor and trainer. The department shouldn't get to carry tasers anymore. When we allow the police to abuse the citizens they are supposed to protect, we are giving them the legal right to carry out the very criminal activities they are supposed to prevent. The perverted thought that police departments can be revenue generators for government has created a situation where more often than not, the police spend most of their time harassing good people instead of trying to prevent real crime.

Get rid of tasers, get rid of red light and speed cameras, decriminalize marijuana and prostitution, and cut the traffic cops in half. That would be a good start.

Now PA, am I a lefty?
No you are being OPEN minded