Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-28-2007, 04:58 PM   #1
46zilzal
velocitician

being out of step

Mommy goes to visit the other boys marching and as her little "Johnny" puts down his left, all the other automotons are yelling out right. "Just look, all those other boys are out of step, but not my little Johnny!"

I just watched again, the informative Oscar winning documentary by this year's winner of the Nobel Peace Prize. He presents a simple, exquisite argument with one graph showing the variation in earth's temperature with the variation in ambient CO2 for the past 650,000 years. Never, until recently, had the level reached higher that 300 parts per billion, ever, and the correlation between it and the ambient temperature were, as all the science has shown, 1 to 1.

Most of the scientific community backs this position BUT because it comes out of the mouth of a person with his political background, and with it's typical fashion of denying the scientific mind which education has bequeathed to us, the reactionaries can't accept anything but what the corporations want people to think. Wholesale selling out of the ability to think for oneself.

I never thought I would see that the day that there was a wholesale dumbing of the populous like there is today. It is hard to believe.

Last edited by 46zilzal; 11-28-2007 at 05:00 PM.
46zilzal is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2007, 05:14 PM   #2
46zilzal
velocitician

http://www.oxygentimerelease.com/A/ScienceOxygen/p9.htm
Old 11-28-2007, 06:36 PM   #3
Gibbon
DC posts & not banned?

The Great Global Warming Swindle

Quote:
Records of atmospheric carbon dioxide (CO2) levels since 1940 show a continuing increase, but during this period, global temperature decreased until 1975, and has increased since then....
Quote:
All models of temperature increase as a result of the greenhouse effect predict that the warming will be at its greatest for a given location in the troposphere and at its lowest near the surface of the earth. Current satellite and weather balloon data do not support this model, and instead show that the surface warming rate is greater than or equal to the rate in the lower troposphere.
Gibbon is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2007, 07:00 PM   #4
Gibbon
DC posts & not banned?

Scientists who arrive at opposing conclusions are ostracized and often denied grants. Universities won't hire them. If they are already tenured, will make sure they don't get promoted. Literally thousands of scientists have expressed deep doubts about global warming, yet those doubts are deep-sixed by a misinformed media. The age of reason is dead. Popularity; go along to get along rules the day. Science by committee not by inquisitive search for truth. A large part of why vaccines for HIV/AIDS, solar power development, geothermal, etc... moves at a snails pace. Nothing to do with Exxon, everything to do with don't rock the boat – singular heartbeat at leading universities.

No wonder Bill Gates begs congress to release more h1-b visas. We are in desperate need of NON politically correct scientists from India.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:34 PM   #5
ArlJim78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbon
Scientists who arrive at opposing conclusions are ostracized and often denied grants. Universities won't hire them. If they are already tenured, will make sure they don't get promoted. Literally thousands of scientists have expressed deep doubts about global warming, yet those doubts are deep-sixed by a misinformed media. The age of reason is dead. Popularity; go along to get along rules the day. Science by committee not by inquisitive search for truth. A large part of why vaccines for HIV/AIDS, solar power development, geothermal, etc... moves at a snails pace. Nothing to do with Exxon, everything to do with don't rock the boat – singular heartbeat at leading universities.

No wonder Bill Gates begs congress to release more h1-b visas. We are in desperate need of NON politically correct scientists from India.
but this is the big new religion of the millenium. you're not supposed to ask questions. simply nod your head, praise the founders, and pay whatever the enlightened ones determine is appropriate.

no room for debate in a religion, non-believers who speak up will not be tolerated.
ArlJim78 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2007, 07:51 PM   #6
46zilzal
velocitician

It isn't what you believe in the scientific debate, it is what can be INDEPENDENTLY in varying situations.

Last edited by 46zilzal; 11-28-2007 at 07:53 PM.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:28 PM   #7
Gibbon
DC posts & not banned?

Facts – in and off themselves do not a theory make. Current climate change can just as easily be attributed to cycles of our sun and/or massive volcanic eruptions deep in the underbelly of our oceans.

Quote:
Most of the world's volcanic eruptions occur beneath the ocean, along the mid-ocean ridge system.......Rapid heating in the deepest waters of the Pacific Ocean Underwater volcanic activity may be the culprit... See Rapid Warming in Pacific
http://www.iceagenow.com/Ocean_Warming.htm
Old 11-28-2007, 09:58 PM   #8
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal
It isn't what you believe in the scientific debate, it is what can be INDEPENDENTLY in varying situations.
Sample error.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:00 PM   #9
kenwoodallpromos

46-

What is the problem? All the commercials I see now are the Corps geting on the greenie bandwagon! Gore's credential as "mr. popular vote" got more done than all the Earth days combined!!
I'm just waiting to see how much $$$ I will have to pay Gore for permission to pollute!
kenwoodallpromos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2007, 10:01 PM   #10
Gibbon
DC posts & not banned?

Another inconvenient truth: Al Gore's Web site hacked.
Quote:
A blog set up to promote former U.S. Vice President Al Gore's film, "An Inconvenient Truth," has been hacked and is hosting links to Web sites hawking online pharmaceuticals.
http://www.networkworld.com/news/200...-al-gores.html

Scientists are worried that after three years of failed doomsday hurricane forecasting, people might not listen next year when they tell everyone to panic --> http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...T&SECTION=HOME
Old 11-29-2007, 12:17 AM   #11
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenwoodallpromos
What is the problem? All the commercials I see now are the Corps geting on the greenie bandwagon! Gore's credential as "mr. popular vote" got more done than all the Earth days combined!!
I'm just waiting to see how much $$$ I will have to pay Gore for permission to pollute!
One saw the same thing, for about two years, around the time I was in graduate school 69-71. It faded because it wasn't pushed. The clowns will pull out all the stops in a Madison Avenue defeat of this reality as well for more burgers and WalMart crap.

I only have to put up with it 30 years max, so it really won't change things much..

Last edited by 46zilzal; 11-29-2007 at 12:24 AM.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:33 AM   #12
46zilzal
velocitician

It continues to amaze me that a political point of view can trump the individual's own evaluation of the evidence before just swallowing one side or the other's point of view..

Make up your own mind INDEPENDENTLY (and I know that is almost impossible for the hard liner black and white mentality to grasp).
Old 11-29-2007, 12:40 AM   #13
46zilzal
velocitician

IPCC Fourth Assessment Report: Climate Change 2007

1) Warming of the climate system is unequivocal.
2) Most of the observed increase in globally averaged temperatures since the mid-20th century is very likely due to the observed increase in anthropogenic (human) greenhouse gas concentrations.
3)The probability that this is caused by natural climatic processes alone is less than 5%.

Just the "tip" of the iceberg...while it still is there.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:32 AM   #14
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal
It continues to amaze me that a political point of view can trump the individual's own evaluation of the evidence before just swallowing one side or the other's point of view..

Make up your own mind INDEPENDENTLY (and I know that is almost impossible for the hard liner black and white mentality to grasp).
That is what I have been saying all all along - GW is a political issue. The earth warms and cools on its own. Always has, always will. We have a new ice age in the future.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:46 AM   #15
Lefty

zilly, real scientists point out the many mistakes and half truths in Gore's film. If this was conclusive how come thousands of scientists disagree. 30 yrs ago they said it was conclusive and totally unarguable that we were heading for another ice aga. This is all about politics on the LEFT. They want to control our money and our lives from every aspect. They want us living like a third world country, totally dependent onthem, while they the elite (like Gore)run around in jets and have opulent life styles.
Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote Reply