Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-27-2017, 08:10 PM   #16
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Did you know that the Russians hacked the Oscars last night? You know about the fiasco that went on, right?
Not sure if the Russians hacked the Oscars boxcar but I got this on good authority from a good 'friend' who works at Price Waterhouse:

La La Land got 63 million votes for Best Picture, while Moonlight only received 60 million.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2017, 08:27 PM   #17
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
The U.S. can always justify a preemptive nuke attack on the intel that the Ruskies have WMDs.
yes because the lefties always claim Putin is a WMD
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2017, 09:49 PM   #18
Jess Hawsen Arown

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog42 View Post
When I saw the thread start with Republicans Sweep. I thought for sure you were talking about Congressional Elections and the White House.
Jess Hawsen Arown is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2017, 09:57 PM   #19
barn32
tmrpots

"Try to imagine the reaction of Republicans if the proverbial shoe were on the other foot--if Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, or some similar Democrat had been tainted with strong evidence of collaborating with the Russians to win the election. And if, following that, they refused to divulge their financial ties or their campaign’s contacts with the Russian state.* Imagine if their denials turned out time and time again to be outright lies. And then just try to imagine the Democrats in Congress deliberately refusing to investigate such accusations.

The Republicans would call it Treason. And they’d be right."

True dat.
barn32 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2017, 10:06 PM   #20
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

The Left has always collaborated with the Communists...in fact the Left PRODUCED the Communists...Now that Russia is no longer Communist, the Left no longer supports the Russians...this proves beyond a doubt that the Left is Communist and always has been...
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2017, 10:40 PM   #21
Jess Hawsen Arown

Quote:
Originally Posted by barn32 View Post
"Try to imagine the reaction of Republicans if the proverbial shoe were on the other foot--if Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, or some similar Democrat had been tainted with strong evidence of collaborating with the Russians to win the election. And if, following that, they refused to divulge their financial ties or their campaign’s contacts with the Russian state.* Imagine if their denials turned out time and time again to be outright lies. And then just try to imagine the Democrats in Congress deliberately refusing to investigate such accusations.

True dat.
Except the treasonous hacking happened during the Obama administration. The hacking in question, now, had zero impact on national security. It only proved that the Democrats were lying, conniving, low life scum.
Jess Hawsen Arown is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2017, 10:45 PM   #22
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:

True dat.
What exactly is this "strong evidence" of collaborating with the Russians to win the election? This is a serious question. Lay it all out. Show me the money.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2017, 06:23 AM   #23
maddog42

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
What exactly is this "strong evidence" of collaborating with the Russians to win the election? This is a serious question. Lay it all out. Show me the money.
Most Republicans don't want to investigate. Do you think Flynn was fired for nothing?
Old 02-28-2017, 06:24 AM   #24
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Most Republicans don't want to investigate. Do you think Flynn was fired for nothing?
So, as of now, there is no strong evidence.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2017, 06:42 AM   #25
tucker6

Quote:
Flynn was fired for lying to his boss, who then lost confidence in Flynn's trustworthiness. It had nothing substantive to do with discussing sanctions with the Russians. In fact, it is and was perfectly legal for Flynn to have talked to the Russians about almost anything, but when your top spook isn't being truthful about what he discussed and you're left reading about it in the papers, then that IS a problem.

Whether dem or gop, I not only don't see fire with this story, I don't even see the smoke. I can say this without a doubt though. The public at large is already getting weary of protests and calls for impeachment and the Russian hacking thing and obstruction within the govt. The dems are on dangerous ground and need to be careful or they will truly be labeled unamerican and have the label stick. You have to do more than be a PITA if you want to be relevant long term. I know it feels good to obstruct and just be generally nasty, but it's not a winner as time goes on.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2017, 07:34 AM   #26
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

This Treason line of thought is total crap. It's just another bullshit message sent from the Mothership down to the operatives for further agitation. I've seen this feeler put out there a couple weeks ago, it just took the Daily Kostic longer to get around to it. For one, treason is defined in the Constitution as aiding and abetting the enemy; you can look up the exact wording. Russia is not the enemy; we are not at war with them. It may be a world geopolitical rival; it may have methods and ideals that are not in alignment with those of the US. But it is not the enemy (in fact, it can be and has been a partner in many situations), so just stop right there.

If anything, by the logic of those perpetuating this notion of treason, Obama and his canoodling with Iran would be much more treasonous behavior. I don't remember Dem/Libs getting all patriotic then.

As to the linked article itself, the writer several times quotes Jonathan Chait, who is the self-elected President of the Obama Buttlickers Society for Life. It also is based on the hypothetical of how it would look if the parties were reversed; in the paragraph above, I just explained how you don't need a hypothetical when you've got real evidence. Real, inconvenient evidence.

This is the kind of thing that goes on with "fake news" sites, and the Kostics lap it up without question. But they consider themselves the smart ones.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2017, 07:41 AM   #27
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:

True dat.
I've never seen the close ties. I think all of this is bogus, just hopes by the Dems that this sticks. We know Hillary got paid to play yet nothing but crickets.

It's really simple. Someone hacked into the emails of one person in the DNC. Because he was stupid enough to fall for a common hack scam. No one else with the DNC and no one at the RNC fell for it, hence why only this one person's emails were disclosed. It's as simple as that. It sure wasn't any real election tampering. It was releasing embarrassing truths.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2017, 07:43 AM   #28
Fager Fan
Veteran

Obama trying to harm the current President, and therefore the country, is what could be considered betraying your country.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2017, 07:58 AM   #29
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
Obama trying to harm the current President, and therefore the country, is what could be considered betraying your country.
Obama isn't betraying his true loyalties though. His country is #17 on his priority list, and I'm not really sure it's that high.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2017, 08:12 AM   #30
reckless
Veteran

If Michael Flynn or any other member of President Trump's administration did anything remotely close to committing treason, the villains in the intelligence community would have already leaked some of this behavior many times over to their willing fellow travelers in the press and media.

Who we kidding here? There's nothing to sweep under the rug.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: