Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-22-2017, 07:55 AM   #46
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post

You can't have successful free trade when every country has wildly different standards of living/income structures, wildly different regulations, wildly different tax rates, wildly different regulations, some governments are subsidizing or protecting industries and markets.
One of the biggest causes for all of those problems is big government, and you say that the government, not the free market, is the solution?
Old 08-22-2017, 09:01 AM   #47
jms62
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
One of the biggest causes for all of those problems is big government, and you say that the government, not the free market, is the solution?
Problem is there is NO free market and never can be when you are dealing with countries such as India and China. The government will ALWAYS intervene to get the upper hand.
jms62 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-22-2017, 10:33 AM   #48
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
Problem is there is NO free market and never can be when you are dealing with countries such as India and China. The government will ALWAYS intervene to get the upper hand.
That's their problem, not ours. They sell us consumer goods at prices much lower than we can produce them, to the benefit of our citizens. They then use that money to buy high tech products and services from us, or they invest that money here, creating jobs for Americans.

And those goods made overseas create a lot of jobs here also. How much of the value added in a smart phone comes from the actual manufacturing process off shore, and how much from research and development, and sales and marketing, and retail and customer service provided here?
Old 08-22-2017, 11:19 AM   #49
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
That is so right, his job (charter) was done. There is no doubt in my mind that the minority leaders in both chambers are now on Stephen K. Bannon's destroy list. Political careers of RINO's are also in danger, and those who would put our civil liberty's in danger. Watch Mr Stephen K. Bannon crusade against those who oppose the President.

Sure is...

Bannon's Breitbart Slams Trump
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-22-2017, 05:51 PM   #50
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
That is the best that you have, they will maintain a certain amount of evenness to a point. The switchblades will be very apparent in story's slicing congressional folks. It is very early and establishment is the deepest red meat. In the very next election one might have an opinion how that organization tilts.
Cool comeback, it will not be one of your best that you have not posted yet obviously.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-22-2017, 07:48 PM   #51
elysiantraveller

Quote:
That is the best that you have, they will maintain a certain amount of evenness to a point. The switchblades will be very apparent in story's slicing congressional folks. It is very early and establishment is the deepest red meat. In the very next election one might have an opinion how that organization tilts.
Cool comeback, it will not be one of your best that you have not posted yet obviously.
Well it's been what? A week? And already those knives are out against Trump. Your claiming it will even out... okay... ball is in your court.

More importantly how do you feel about the Presidents policy shift on Afghanistan?

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 08-22-2017 at 07:49 PM.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-22-2017, 09:15 PM   #52
fast4522

Quote:
Well it's been what? A week? And already those knives are out against Trump. Your claiming it will even out... okay... ball is in your court.

More importantly how do you feel about the Presidents policy shift on Afghanistan?
Not at all, not suggesting that even will be a word used.
It is not reasonable to think if a story scorches the President that they will go soft on him. I think that there will be times they will try to hold his feet to the fire, completely plausible correct? But I do feel when opportune they will cut the Speaker of the House viciously and it will not take much to make the Senate Majority leader look like an idiot attaboy. I think it is likely Mitch McConnell could lose and republican's could gain a few seats. Mind you I have not looked at things this far out, or actually know if Mitch McConnell is up in the next election. I would like to say negative things about the Speaker but do no know the lay of the land is really like for Ryan this far out. Wag the dog or political cover are expected from everyone or they should be in another business for not being sharp enough. Now you can knock early departures all that floats your boat, truth is it is just the biggest Rubik's Cube and they seem to line it up nicely.

Go President Trump Go!

Last edited by fast4522; 08-22-2017 at 09:17 PM.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-22-2017, 10:51 PM   #53
Clocker

Quote:

His Secy of State doesn't seem to have a lot of confidence in it.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archive...fghanistan.php
Old 08-22-2017, 11:19 PM   #54
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
I think it is likely Mitch McConnell could lose and republican's could gain a few seats. Mind you I have not looked at things this far out, or actually know if Mitch McConnell is up in the next election.
Mitchy is safe until 2020 when he'll be pushing 80. His actual first name is Addison, for those who care.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2017, 05:30 AM   #55
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
Mitchy is safe until 2020 when he'll be pushing 80. His actual first name is Addison, for those who care.
Nice detective work barahona.

No one personally really cares a whit about McConnell, truth be told. Well, let me tell you who should care: all those Republicans running for re-election in 2018 and 2020.

McConnell is 'leading' the GOP to lose seats in both the Senate and House, thanks to this clown. Mark my words.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2017, 11:06 PM   #56
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

McConnel is useless.
Trump needs to attack this POS viscously and turn the base against him. He needs to removed from office by any means.

No real conservative col support this POS.

He and McCain are what is wrong with this government moldy old men with nothing to offer and too stupid to go home and shut up. The price we pay to keep these two leeches in office is too high.
Old 08-24-2017, 12:42 AM   #57
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
McConnel is useless.
Trump needs to attack this POS viscously and turn the base against him. He needs to removed from office by any means.

No real conservative col support this POS.

He and McCain are what is wrong with this government moldy old men with nothing to offer and too stupid to go home and shut up. The price we pay to keep these two leeches in office is too high.
He just got re-elected. If my memory is right, he's in office concurrent with Trump then he retires (he's hinted at it)

He can literally stop everything Trump wants for his entire term. And I believe that's his goal
Old 08-26-2017, 10:44 AM   #58
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

He and McCain - national embarrassments.
Their legacies have been written, -Benedict Arnold's, worthless people.

Garbage.

Last edited by Tom; 08-26-2017 at 10:48 AM.
Tom is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-27-2017, 06:24 PM   #59
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
No doubt governments tend to screw things up. I think the free market would achieve the maximum long term growth rate and increase in standard of living for the world. But I'd fully expect that growth rate/standard of living increase to not be distributed equally by country.

That latter point is the part that the globalists left out.

The developing countries and large corporations gained significantly and the US worker, taxpayer, and trade balance took it where the sun never shines.

I am arguing that some theoretical benefit to everyone 30-50 years from now (we are already about 30 years into this) is not worth all the damage it caused to the American middle class. The rules were not fair, the agreements were not sound, and we got screwed.

I'm probably not smart enough to devise the perfect plan even if I dedicated all my energy to it, but I can tell when someone else has me bent over. To be honest, since I'm 58 and started saving for retirement many years ago, I'm sort of part of class that benefited via the stock market. So let's say I know when I have someone else bent over.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 08-27-2017 at 06:26 PM.
classhandicapper is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-27-2017, 06:36 PM   #60
classhandicapper

Quote:
It's idiotic.

Of course loads of pinheads in the mainstream think it's a good idea.

They want to do all sorts of dumb things for some kind of personal, financial, or political benefit and he wanted to do something intelligent instead like shrink NATO or at least have them kick in fair costs, improve out relationship with Russia and do business with them, withdraw from costly wars with no upside etc...

So for that and many other reasons they had to destroy him.

Now he sold out under pressure.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: