Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-12-2018, 10:36 AM   #16
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith View Post
You got to do something different to get something different.
Yes, you do.
But sitting home playing armchair quarterback is all some have to offer.
That and stupid cartoons.

Meanwhile, in spite of all there great minds here who know what won't work, Trump is out there trying. And ask those three Americans who are HOME now how they think he is doing.

This whole thing may fall through, but it won't ever succeed if you never try.
Old 06-12-2018, 10:37 AM   #17
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post

Walked right into this one...
In your dreams.
Old 06-12-2018, 10:43 AM   #18
chadk66

one of the biggest fears of the left is that Trump will actually bring NK to it's knees. If that happens they have zero chance in 2020. And for probably many years afterward. They are so convinced he is bringing WW3 on.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2018, 10:46 AM   #19
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Yes, you do.
But sitting home playing armchair quarterback is all some have to offer.
That and stupid cartoons.

Meanwhile, in spite of all there great minds here who know what won't work, Trump is out there trying. And ask those three Americans who are HOME now how they think he is doing.

This whole thing may fall through, but it won't ever succeed if you never try.
Wait a second Tom...

The Government is now above critique? Rich coming from you...

We can toss out things like the 3 hostages if you want but the fact is Kim exchanged those for a sit-down with the President. He got what he wanted out of the deal.

I commend Trump for meeting with him. I would have commended Trump for meeting with him if it assured JUST the return of three hostages and nothing else.

That has no bearing on the fact nothing has been accomplished yet. You're not on here spiking the football so that's fine but where was the support for other presidents when they negotiated deals? I don't recall you giving Obama any "props for trying."

Right now we haven't accomplished much... that's fine. The possibility still exists but right now accomplishment is a possibility its certainly not a reality yet...

That's as unbiased and honest assessment of whats happened as you can get.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2018, 11:21 AM   #20
OntheRail

Elys your.... you keep touting the Iran deal. The decade in the making as you claim. The one Obama and Johnny lied to Congress about bent over backwards to get, giving up literally tons of cash and tried hard to give them US Financial access. And after all that ass kissing the Iranians did not even sign the thing.
And you keep saying Trump did squat... at least he got Kim to sign the something... that's more then can be said of Obama's grand deal.

With any endeavor the first success is to begin... that's what and where we are with NK.. at the beginning.... and most believe we're moving in the right direction.
Old 06-12-2018, 11:29 AM   #21
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail View Post
Elys your.... you keep touting the Iran deal. The decade in the making as you claim. The one Obama and Johnny lied to Congress about bent over backwards to get, giving up literally tons of cash and tried hard to give them US Financial access. And after all that ass kissing the Iranians did not even sign the thing.
And you keep saying Trump did squat... at least he got Kim to sign the something... that's more then can be said of Obama's grand deal.

With any endeavor the first success is to begin... that's what and where we are with NK.. at the beginning.... and most believe we're moving in the right direction.
The Iran deal was an actual deal.

This isn't anything yet. I'm not poo pooing anything thus far. I'm being a realist.

If we're lucky this will result in something that looks like the Iran Deal and we can debate the merits of what's in it afterward.

Right now it's still nothing though but perhaps a step we can agree on that.

The joint exercise thing was a misstep. That's about all there is to take away from this so far.

Pompeo has a lot of work ahead of him.
Old 06-12-2018, 01:01 PM   #22
OntheRail

Quote:
The Iran deal was an actual deal.

This isn't anything yet. I'm not poo pooing anything thus far. I'm being a realist.

If we're lucky this will result in something that looks like the Iran Deal and we can debate the merits of what's in it afterward.

Right now it's still nothing though but perhaps a step we can agree on that.

The joint exercise thing was a misstep. That's about all there is to take away from this so far.

Pompeo has a lot of work ahead of him.
Not Really... Even the international inspectors think it's a shitty deal.
But I guess your right a shitty deal is a deal... but without all party's signing it is it still a deal?
Most hope for a better one with NK and a new one with Iran started sometime before 2020.

You tout the Iran deal that took decades to put that POS together and are bitchin Trump could not pen one in the first ever five hour meeting... and you call yourself a realist.

As for the joint maneuvers no orders have come down... the mention of it is a carrot of thing to come... IF Kim compiles.

4-D chess my man.. I see the glass as half full , while you see it as half empty....
Old 06-12-2018, 02:00 PM   #23
boxcar

Quote:
But I guess your right a shitty deal is a deal... but without all party's signing it is it still a deal?
Most hope for a better one with NK and a new one with Iran started sometime before 2020.

You tout the Iran deal that took decades to put that POS together and are bitchin Trump could not pen one in the first ever five hour meeting... and you call yourself a realist.

As for the joint maneuvers no orders have come down... the mention of it is a carrot of thing to come... IF Kim compiles.

4-D chess my man.. I see the glass as half full , while you see it as half empty....
Don't expect ET to understand 4-D chess levels. Bare minimum qualifications require that the ETs of the world understand that a journey always begins with a first step, which Trump and Rocket Man have taken together.
Old 06-12-2018, 02:12 PM   #24
elysiantraveller

Quote:

Its not a carrot.

Can we please quit making excuses for mistakes? I'm the first one to say that this Administration has handled things pretty well...

That was a mistake.

Your "IF" Kim complies part means nothing because Kim didn't agree to do anything.

In the meantime the President stated we will halt joint operations. He didn't have to say that. The piece of paper he and Kim signed didn't say anything about that. It was a mistake.

Mistakes happen. That's what this was and it does give Kim leverage. Its not he end of the world but it was a inappropriate off-the-cuff remark about the US doing something it didn't have to do.

I'll ask you this... point blank... what did we get out of the summit? Did it warrant doing anything above and beyond what was in that statement?
Old 06-12-2018, 02:20 PM   #25
chrisl

Quote:
Its not a carrot.

Can we please quit making excuses for mistakes? I'm the first one to say that this Administration has handled things pretty well...

That was a mistake.

Your "IF" Kim complies part means nothing because Kim didn't agree to do anything.

In the meantime the President stated we will halt joint operations. He didn't have to say that. The piece of paper he and Kim signed didn't say anything about that. It was a mistake.

Mistakes happen. That's what this was and it does give Kim leverage. Its not he end of the world but it was a inappropriate off-the-cuff remark about the US doing something it didn't have to do.

I'll ask you this... point blank... what did we get out of the summit? Did it warrant doing anything above and beyond what was in that statement?

You must feel great. Being able to sit and listen to the discussions. You must have been taking notes for Donald. Did you get permission to post what was said on this website....How was Singapore..I bet you beat Rodman, in a game of one on one ..Surely you did.
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2018, 02:26 PM   #26
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Don't expect ET to understand 4-D chess levels. Bare minimum qualifications require that the ETs of the world understand that a journey always begins with a first step, which Trump and Rocket Man have taken together.
What about post 11 do you disagree with?
Old 06-12-2018, 02:36 PM   #27
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl View Post
You must feel great. Being able to sit and listen to the discussions. You must have been taking notes for Donald. Did you get permission to post what was said on this website....How was Singapore..I bet you beat Rodman, in a game of one on one ..Surely you did.
What they talked about in private has absolutely zero bearing on what they said publicly.

One they can be held accountable for the other they can't.

Like I said earlier its harder for Trump. This is a democracy. After they meet he has to go before the press and hold a conference. Kim doesn't have that handicap. What is on the statement is all they are going to say...

Sure they'll issue some nice statements about the President, Singapore, and the summit. Trump has said some glowing things about Kim after the meeting as well... that's all bullshit. We all know that.

The only faux pas in this whole thing was the President publicly giving Kim a concession via a press conference he didn't have to.

Other than that not much done... we'll see where it goes.

Pompeo has a real chance to be a hero in all of this.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 06-12-2018 at 02:37 PM.
Old 06-12-2018, 02:59 PM   #28
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
The only faux pas in this whole thing was the President publicly giving Kim a concession via a press conference he didn't have to.
And we all know Trump NEVER backtracks on things he says he is going to do...

Don't act as if we are now in some iron clad contract where we have to stop the joint exercises with S. Korea just because Trump said something in a press conference.

Trump's said a lot of stuff he hasn't followed through with.
Old 06-12-2018, 03:28 PM   #29
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
And we all know Trump NEVER backtracks on things he says he is going to do...

Don't act as if we are now in some iron clad contract where we have to stop the joint exercises with S. Korea just because Trump said something in a press conference.

Trump's said a lot of stuff he hasn't followed through with.
It can be an issue though with the other countries applying pressure to North Korea.

We all know that pressure from China helped to make this summit happen as they were the ones really throttling the regime. If you make a statement like that and then backtrack it gives China the ability to ease sanctions.

China wants the status quo.

If NK and China feel that Trump isn't keeping his word, on something he didn't have to give in the first place, what is to stop them from using that as an excuse to provide aid to the regime?

I've said its not the end of the world but it is a loss of leverage. Joint Exercises were a carrot we no longer have because it was given away pretty freely.
Old 06-12-2018, 03:38 PM   #30
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

With Trump it's more of a "which way is the wind blowing" as opposed to deep geopolitical analysis as you touch on above - considering the impact of a decision from all the angles.

This can be a good thing or a bad thing btw...deep geopolitical analysis has gotten the USA into plenty of shitstorms in the past, so it's no bargain doing it that way either...