Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 11:02 AM   #7111
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Why would you say that? The parent is analogous to God! (Have you ever had a coherent thought in your life!?)

So...tell us, should the parent have frightened the child by placing the kid's hand on the hot burner as a life lesson? In other words, for those who are slow-witted -- should the parent have coerced the kid to obey? Is that what God should have done with Adam and Eve? That wouldn't have been a very fair test, would it?
The operative word here is justice. The second operative word is mercy. The third operative word is love.

I could go on but it would sail way over your head.
Old 07-17-2018, 11:31 AM   #7112
boxcar

All Unbelievers: Like Father Like Son!

John 8:44
44 "You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father.
NASB

You skeptics, with all your harsh, blasphemous criticisms of God, are totally unaware that when you cast your aspersions upon His character, you (like the Pharisees who Jesus was addressing in the above passage), are emulating their father and yours also! For in the Garden, the devil's desire was to blaspheme God by portraying Him to Eve as a liar and as a fearful, petty, jealous and self-absorbed Creator and ruler of the universe with ulterior motives, who really did not have our first parents' best interests at heart.

Gen 3:1-5
Now the serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said to the woman, "Indeed, has God said, 'You shall not eat from any tree of the garden'?" 2 And the woman said to the serpent, "From the fruit of the trees of the garden we may eat; 3 but from the fruit of the tree which is in the middle of the garden, God has said, 'You shall not eat from it or touch it, lest you die.'" 4 And the serpent said to the woman, "You surely shall not die! 5 "For God knows that in the day you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."
NASB

The "serpent" does have his "seed" (offspring), and you guys are it!

Gen 3:14-15
14 And the Lord God said to the serpent,

"Because you have done this,
Cursed are you more than all cattle,
And more than every beast of the field;
On your belly shall you go,
And dust shall you eat
All the days of your life;

15 And I will put enmity
Between you and the woman,
And between your seed and her seed;

He shall bruise you on the head,
And you shall bruise him on the heel."

NASB

The only "seed" the devil has are those who are spiritually like-minded with him! You guys are no different than your father!

Funny how Natural Revelation (the real world) always reflects the eternal truth of Divine Revelation, isn't it?
Old 07-17-2018, 11:34 AM   #7113
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
The operative word here is justice. The second operative word is mercy. The third operative word is love.

I could go on but it would sail way over your head.
So, what do all those flowery terms have to do with my human parent-divine parent analogy? Why would I think that God would exact divine retribution on the human parent?

Explain your incoherence.
Old 07-17-2018, 11:53 AM   #7114
hcap

Quote:
So, what do all those flowery terms have to do with my human parent-divine parent analogy? Why would I think that God would exact divine retribution on the human parent?

Explain your incoherence.
Remember, As I pointed out a number of times, thankfully you have no kids.

Btw, since when is justice "Flowery"?
I guess "love" is too liberal for you?
Old 07-17-2018, 12:27 PM   #7115
boxcar

Quote:
Remember, As I pointed out a number of times, thankfully you have no kids.

Btw, since when is justice "Flowery"?
I guess "love" is too liberal for you?
It's all flowery speech because it has absolutely nothing to do with my analogy.
You often use terms like those as crutches for times when you post irrelevant things.
Old 07-17-2018, 01:03 PM   #7116
thaskalos

Quote:
According to you that child, his friends and all of his descendants should all die.

Worse your all-loving, and all knowing god would murder them all for touching that "hot" stone.

Did I hear you say your god was a just god?
As I pointed out a number of times, thankfully you have no kids.
That's right. Throw the kid out of the house if it disobeys and touches the hot stove. And, after it dies... banish it to a torturous afterlife for all eternity. We ain't playing no games here...the kids are supposed to be PERFECT...and even the slightest "sin" deserves the punishment of DEATH.

Can you imagine what would happen if all the parents operated with the same degree of "holiness" as God does? None of the kids would be living at home...and the parents would be spared the expense of raising and educating them. The cost of raising and educating the kids would have to be met by the state...thus giving the conservatives like Boxcar another thing to complain about.
Old 07-17-2018, 01:13 PM   #7117
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
That's right. Throw the kid out of the house if it disobeys and touches the hot stove. And, after it dies... banish it to a torturous afterlife for all eternity. We ain't playing no games here...the kids are supposed to be PERFECT...and even the slightest "sin" deserves the punishment of DEATH.

Can you imagine what would happen if all the parents operated with the same degree of "holiness" as God does? None of the kids would be living at home...and the parents would be spared the expense of raising and educating them. The cost of raising and educating the kids would have to be met by the state...thus giving the conservatives like Boxcar another thing to complain about.
Another irrelevant post My analogy had to do with complaints that God created defective goods. That God, at the very least, should have prohibited the Fall from occurring since he knew beforehand what would happen. It was a pre-Fall analogy, and you're talking post-fall in your post!
The stupid complaints, therefore, imply that God should have coerced or forced Eve (or even worse maybe!) to obey Him.
Old 07-17-2018, 01:28 PM   #7118
hcap

Hcap...have you any knowledge of "cults", and how they operate? Boxcar is a brainwashed "cult-member", to whom God's inexcusable behavior towards his "children" seems perfectly acceptable...because it is perfectly "holy". When you are a brainwashed cult-member...it appears "holy" to you that an "everloving parent" would go into a rage and lash out against a disobedient child...banishing the kid to a torturous life for all eternity.

And, when you are a brainwashed cult-member...you never bother to ask yourself the obvious main question: "WHY does God, our "everloving Father", expect us to be "perfect", to BEGIN with? Why does he seem to lack the patience and the understanding that the world's OTHER parents are asked to use when dealing with their OWN children? When you go into a rage and severely punish a disobeying kid...aren't you being the opposite of "loving"? Is that what "holiness" is all about?

Sadly...Boxcar is beyond help, and must be left to his own...lest his disease be contagious, and infect the rest of us here. Let the posters beware.

**EDITOR'S NOTE** THIS POST, ALTHOUGH IT LOOKS LIKE IT'S FROM HCAP, is actually from THASKALOS...who thought he was replying to hcap's original post (which is now gone), but was mistakenly in EDIT MODE and replaced hcap's words with his own. Rookie moderator mistake. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 07-17-2018 at 02:41 PM.
Old 07-17-2018, 01:41 PM   #7119
boxcar

Quote:
I really wonder if boxcar had children if his philosophy would change. I would have thought a cat lover would at least have an inkling of compassion for all sentient beings.

Good thing god did not create cats first. But cats would not eaten apples. Probably would have to have been goldfish instead, in the garden of Eden swimming pond.

The scratching tree of good and evil?

But God did create cats first. i..e before Adam and Eve. Learn to read.
Old 07-17-2018, 01:45 PM   #7120
hcap

Quote:
But God did create cats first. i..e before Adam and Eve. Learn to read.
According to genesis, not evolution. Learn to think.

Besides you are ducking the issue of love and compassion.

As usual.
Old 07-17-2018, 02:03 PM   #7121
thaskalos

Quote:
Hcap...have you any knowledge of "cults", and how they operate? Boxcar is a brainwashed "cult-member", to whom God's inexcusable behavior towards his "children" seems perfectly acceptable...because it is perfectly "holy". When you are a brainwashed cult-member...it appears "holy" to you that an "everloving parent" would go into a rage and lash out against a disobedient child...banishing the kid to a torturous life for all eternity.

And, when you are a brainwashed cult-member...you never bother to ask yourself the obvious main question: "WHY does God, our "everloving Father", expect us to be "perfect", to BEGIN with? Why does he seem to lack the patience and the understanding that the world's OTHER parents are asked to use when dealing with their OWN children? When you go into a rage and severely punish a disobeying kid...aren't you being the opposite of "loving"? Is that what "holiness" is all about?

Sadly...Boxcar is beyond help, and must be left to his own...lest his disease be contagious, and infect the rest of us here. Let the posters beware.
Hcap...PA-Mike made me a moderator here, and I ended up screwing up your prior post. I wanted to quote your post and reply to it...but I ended up erasing it...and replacing it with my own.

I need to clarify that the above post is MINE...even though it appears here as YOURS.
Old 07-17-2018, 02:24 PM   #7122
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Ignorance is not circular reasoning. They did know that they would die as a result of disobeying.
But according the apologists death did not come into the world until after A&E ate the fruit. Ergo, they could not have really understood the concept.
Old 07-17-2018, 02:37 PM   #7123
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Hcap...PA-Mike made me a moderator here, and I ended up screwing up your prior post. I wanted to quote your post and reply to it...but I ended up erasing it...and replacing it with my own.

I need to clarify that the above post is MINE...even though it appears here as YOURS.
What is not clear is when I click on the little arrow(view post) to the right of my name...

It takes me to a post with my name. But it is evidently yours.
??? Looks like you screwed up a religious thread for all eternity.

Did you happen to delete boxcar as well?
Old 07-17-2018, 02:39 PM   #7124
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
What is not clear is when I click on the little arrow(view post) to the right of my name...

It takes me to a post with my name. But it is evidently yours.
??? Looks like you screwed up a religious thread for all eternity.

Did you happen to delete boxcar as well?
Yes, it takes you to the post that thaskalos told you he thought he was replying, but was actually editing your post...so his words are there, but it's your picture and name on it...
Old 07-17-2018, 02:41 PM   #7125
thaskalos

Sorry. I was using my phone...and wasn't expecting the "edit" button to be where the 'quote' button usually is.
Closed Thread