Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-21-2017, 12:35 PM   #31
boxcar
Registered User
 
boxcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 34,524
Rep Power: 61 boxcar is a splendid one to beholdboxcar is a splendid one to beholdboxcar is a splendid one to beholdboxcar is a splendid one to beholdboxcar is a splendid one to beholdboxcar is a splendid one to beholdboxcar is a splendid one to beholdboxcar is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey View Post
Here are interesting websites I ran across....I was wondering what your thoughts were on it, especially on the links between the British Crown, the Vatican, Freemasonry, and the Jesuits....

https://archive.org/stream/MichaelTs...ge/n0/mode/1up

https://archive.org/stream/MichaelTs...ge/n0/mode/1up
I don't have time to read online books. (I have enough of my own backlog of hardcopies.) If you have a point to make, make it as succinctly as you can.
__________________
There is no such thing as an isolated handicapping factor, for all factors are related to one another to one degree or another, and all especially to the form factor. -- Ray Taulbot
boxcar is offline  
Old 02-21-2017, 12:54 PM   #32
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 4,553
Rep Power: 0 VigorsTheGrey has a spectacular aura aboutVigorsTheGrey has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
I don't have time to read online books. (I have enough of my own backlog of hardcopies.) If you have a point to make, make it as succinctly as you can.
If you don't read other books Boxcar, you'll never get exposed to new ideas...surely you are not one of those narrow minded persons who get all of their viewpoints from one source, are you....?
VigorsTheGrey is offline  
Old 02-21-2017, 01:17 PM   #33
boxcar
Registered User
 
boxcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 34,524
Rep Power: 61 boxcar is a splendid one to beholdboxcar is a splendid one to beholdboxcar is a splendid one to beholdboxcar is a splendid one to beholdboxcar is a splendid one to beholdboxcar is a splendid one to beholdboxcar is a splendid one to beholdboxcar is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey View Post
If you don't read other books Boxcar, you'll never get exposed to new ideas...surely you are not one of those narrow minded persons who get all of their viewpoints from one source, are you....?
If you can't distill your online books into succinct, coherent points in a forum like this, you're wasting your time here. If I stopped to read everything under the sun -- all alternative views -- I would never get a chance to study things of genuine interest to me.
__________________
There is no such thing as an isolated handicapping factor, for all factors are related to one another to one degree or another, and all especially to the form factor. -- Ray Taulbot
boxcar is offline  
Old 02-21-2017, 01:37 PM   #34
Actor
Librocubicularist
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 7,768
Rep Power: 16 Actor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Sir, you asked for one extra-biblical source. You didn't qualify your challenge with "extra-biblical, atheistic-sources, or "extra-biblical secular" sources. Nor did you qualify with any date parameters.
Well, duh! Do I really have to spell it out for you? Do you really have to be told that stuff written centuries after the alleged event by authors who do not identify their sources are in no position to attest to the historicity of the event? Do you really expect me to come down to your level of gullibility?

Ok. I'll spell it out for you.
  • Scripture proves nothing.
  • Writings by authors who do not identify their sources, or who cite only sources whose existence cannot be verified, prove nothing.
  • Writings by authors who have a vested interested in perpetuating the myth prove nothing.
You are trying to shift the burden of proof. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. The alleged resurrection is a super-extraordinary event and requires super-extraordinary evidence. Your evidence, if you can call it that, is tenuous and flimsy.

You made the claim. You prove it. You come up with evidence that is convincing.


You want "best attested?" Here are a few candidates.
  • The reign of Ramses II.
  • The conquests of Alexander the Great.
  • The measurement of the size of the earth by Eratosthenes.
  • The Second Servile War (i.e., the Spartacus Revolt).
  • The conquests of Julius Caesar.
  • The assassination of Julius Caesar.
__________________
Sapere aude

Last edited by Actor; 02-21-2017 at 01:40 PM.
Actor is offline  
Old 02-21-2017, 02:23 PM   #35
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 4,553
Rep Power: 0 VigorsTheGrey has a spectacular aura aboutVigorsTheGrey has a spectacular aura about
From The Irish Origins of Civilization

"1.Judeo-Christianity is an adulterated form of Druidism and Amenism
2. Atonism is the basis for the monotheistic elements of Judeo-Christian Theology
3. Members of the Flavian dynasty of Rome worked closely with leading Jews (Atonists) to establish the Christian religion
4. The so called "jews" who worked alongside the Roman nobility, and who directed their operations, were Atonists. Specifically, they were the leaders of the Order of Melchizedek (Akhenaton)
5. The founder of Atonism was Pharoah Akhenaten (Amenhotep IV). He appears in the Old Testament as Moses
6. Akhenaten's Atonists were members of the Hyksos dynasty of kings and princes..."
VigorsTheGrey is offline  
Old 02-21-2017, 03:58 PM   #36
boxcar
Registered User
 
boxcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 34,524
Rep Power: 61 boxcar is a splendid one to beholdboxcar is a splendid one to beholdboxcar is a splendid one to beholdboxcar is a splendid one to beholdboxcar is a splendid one to beholdboxcar is a splendid one to beholdboxcar is a splendid one to beholdboxcar is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
Well, duh! Do I really have to spell it out for you?
Yeah, you do because you are so duplicitous, as you have just proved again. Always moving the goalposts.


Quote:
Do you really have to be told that stuff written centuries after the alleged event by authors who do not identify their sources are in no position to attest to the historicity of the event? Do you really expect me to come down to your level of gullibility?

Ok. I'll spell it out for you.
  • Scripture proves nothing.
  • Writings by authors who do not identify their sources, or who cite only sources whose existence cannot be verified, prove nothing.
  • Writings by authors who have a vested interested in perpetuating the myth prove nothing.
You are trying to shift the burden of proof. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. The alleged resurrection is a super-extraordinary event and requires super-extraordinary evidence. Your evidence, if you can call it that, is tenuous and flimsy.

You made the claim. You prove it. You come up with evidence that is convincing.


You want "best attested?" Here are a few candidates.
  • The reign of Ramses II.
  • The conquests of Alexander the Great.
  • The measurement of the size of the earth by Eratosthenes.
  • The Second Servile War (i.e., the Spartacus Revolt).
  • The conquests of Julius Caesar.
  • The assassination of Julius Caesar.
Again, Jesus' existence is accepted by most scholars in this world. Some eyewitnesses to his life, death, burial and resurrection actually wrote parts of the NT -- John and Peter. Luke traveled with Paul and had the eyewitness accounts of the apostles Paul met with -- plus other eyewitnesses. Paul also saw the risen Christ and he wrote at least seven epistles. It is also very likely that Matthew is the Jewish tax collector Levi who came to faith in Jesus. (It was very common in the ANE for a person to have two first names!) Mark was very good friends with Peter and undoubtedly drew very much of his material from the apostle, etc.

In short, Jesus' existence is extremely well attested to. It is no wonder that no ancient writer or historian ever disputed his existence. Not even the Christ-hating Jews in the Babylonian Talmud denied his existence. And if anyone didn't want Jesus to exist, it would have been them!
__________________
There is no such thing as an isolated handicapping factor, for all factors are related to one another to one degree or another, and all especially to the form factor. -- Ray Taulbot
boxcar is offline  
Old 02-21-2017, 03:59 PM   #37
boxcar
Registered User
 
boxcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 34,524
Rep Power: 61 boxcar is a splendid one to beholdboxcar is a splendid one to beholdboxcar is a splendid one to beholdboxcar is a splendid one to beholdboxcar is a splendid one to beholdboxcar is a splendid one to beholdboxcar is a splendid one to beholdboxcar is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey View Post
From The Irish Origins of Civilization

"1.Judeo-Christianity is an adulterated form of Druidism and Amenism
2. Atonism is the basis for the monotheistic elements of Judeo-Christian Theology
3. Members of the Flavian dynasty of Rome worked closely with leading Jews (Atonists) to establish the Christian religion
4. The so called "jews" who worked alongside the Roman nobility, and who directed their operations, were Atonists. Specifically, they were the leaders of the Order of Melchizedek (Akhenaton)
5. The founder of Atonism was Pharoah Akhenaten (Amenhotep IV). He appears in the Old Testament as Moses
6. Akhenaten's Atonists were members of the Hyksos dynasty of kings and princes..."
Now...do you actually have a point of substance to make about your talking points above?
__________________
There is no such thing as an isolated handicapping factor, for all factors are related to one another to one degree or another, and all especially to the form factor. -- Ray Taulbot
boxcar is offline  
Old 02-21-2017, 04:23 PM   #38
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 4,553
Rep Power: 0 VigorsTheGrey has a spectacular aura aboutVigorsTheGrey has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Now...do you actually have a point of substance to make about your talking points above?
Each one is already a significant point of substance...or don't you understand this...?
VigorsTheGrey is offline  
Old 02-21-2017, 04:31 PM   #39
TJDave
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,791
Rep Power: 17 TJDave will become famous soon enoughTJDave will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey View Post
Each one is already a significant point of substance...or don't you understand this...?
Nothing having anything to do with religion has a significant point of substance.
__________________
just Look at how the Lord has kept me free of the world’s wisdom.

famous Christian apologist
TJDave is offline  
Old 02-21-2017, 04:59 PM   #40
boxcar
Registered User
 
boxcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 34,524
Rep Power: 61 boxcar is a splendid one to beholdboxcar is a splendid one to beholdboxcar is a splendid one to beholdboxcar is a splendid one to beholdboxcar is a splendid one to beholdboxcar is a splendid one to beholdboxcar is a splendid one to beholdboxcar is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
Nothing having anything to do with religion has a significant point of substance.
And so you waste your time in this thread for what reason, specifically? Why not seek important topics out that might provide you with an opportunity to actually make a point of substance for once in your life?
__________________
There is no such thing as an isolated handicapping factor, for all factors are related to one another to one degree or another, and all especially to the form factor. -- Ray Taulbot
boxcar is offline  
Old 02-21-2017, 05:00 PM   #41
boxcar
Registered User
 
boxcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 34,524
Rep Power: 61 boxcar is a splendid one to beholdboxcar is a splendid one to beholdboxcar is a splendid one to beholdboxcar is a splendid one to beholdboxcar is a splendid one to beholdboxcar is a splendid one to beholdboxcar is a splendid one to beholdboxcar is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey View Post
Each one is already a significant point of substance...or don't you understand this...?
No...not really. I'm not biting at the bait.
__________________
There is no such thing as an isolated handicapping factor, for all factors are related to one another to one degree or another, and all especially to the form factor. -- Ray Taulbot
boxcar is offline  
Old 02-21-2017, 05:46 PM   #42
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru
 
Show Me the Wire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 10,306
Rep Power: 35 Show Me the Wire is a name known to allShow Me the Wire is a name known to allShow Me the Wire is a name known to allShow Me the Wire is a name known to allShow Me the Wire is a name known to allShow Me the Wire is a name known to all
[YT="Donall and Conall"]0d4FHHf00pY[/YT]
__________________
I always admired atheist. I think it takes a lot of faith. Diane Frolov and Andrew Schneider

It amazes me to find an intelligent person who fights against something which he does not at all believe exists. --Mohandas GandhiAtheists express their rage against God although in their view He does not exist. --C. S. Lewis
Show Me the Wire is offline  
Old 02-21-2017, 07:46 PM   #43
Actor
Librocubicularist
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 7,768
Rep Power: 16 Actor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
And so you waste your time in this thread for what reason, specifically? Why not seek important topics out that might provide you with an opportunity to actually make a point of substance for once in your life?
Why don't you?
__________________
Sapere aude
Actor is offline  
Old 02-21-2017, 08:01 PM   #44
thaskalos
Adventurer
 
thaskalos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 22,444
Rep Power: 51 thaskalos has a brilliant futurethaskalos has a brilliant futurethaskalos has a brilliant futurethaskalos has a brilliant futurethaskalos has a brilliant futurethaskalos has a brilliant futurethaskalos has a brilliant futurethaskalos has a brilliant futurethaskalos has a brilliant futurethaskalos has a brilliant futurethaskalos has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Yeah, you do because you are so duplicitous, as you have just proved again. Always moving the goalposts.




Again, Jesus' existence is accepted by most scholars in this world. Some eyewitnesses to his life, death, burial and resurrection actually wrote parts of the NT -- John and Peter. Luke traveled with Paul and had the eyewitness accounts of the apostles Paul met with -- plus other eyewitnesses. Paul also saw the risen Christ and he wrote at least seven epistles. It is also very likely that Matthew is the Jewish tax collector Levi who came to faith in Jesus. (It was very common in the ANE for a person to have two first names!) Mark was very good friends with Peter and undoubtedly drew very much of his material from the apostle, etc.

In short, Jesus' existence is extremely well attested to. It is no wonder that no ancient writer or historian ever disputed his existence. Not even the Christ-hating Jews in the Babylonian Talmud denied his existence. And if anyone didn't want Jesus to exist, it would have been them!
The gospels of the NT were all written anonymously, and nothing in them identifies, in ANY way, who the authors were...or with which other "gospel authors" these anonymous writers "associated".

Oddly enough...the author of the "Gospel of Thomas" fully identifies himself in the text as "Thomas O Didymos", who was "Doubting" Thomas...an acknowledged disciple of Jesus. But that gospel, although written by an authentic Jesus disciple, did not please the Church...so, it was despised and subsequently rejected. As a result, the "anonymous gospels" were accepted as "fact"...while the text written by the legitimate disciple was called "heretical"...and thrown away. Truth is indeed stranger than fiction.
__________________
"Front seldom tell truth. To know occupants of house...always look in back yard." -- Charlie Chan
thaskalos is offline  
Old 02-21-2017, 08:05 PM   #45
HalvOnHorseracing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Denver
Posts: 3,973
Rep Power: 9 HalvOnHorseracing is a jewel in the roughHalvOnHorseracing is a jewel in the roughHalvOnHorseracing is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey View Post
If you don't read other books Boxcar, you'll never get exposed to new ideas...surely you are not one of those narrow minded persons who get all of their viewpoints from one source, are you....?
now that was funny.
HalvOnHorseracing is online now  
Closed Thread




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Omaha Beach or Roadster
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2019 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved -- Best Viewed in a modern browser @ 1280x720 Resolution Or Higher
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.