Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 07-03-2018, 08:41 AM   #121
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Without Lebron they will be lucky to win 25 games.
Kevin Love takeover time!
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-03-2018, 10:35 AM   #122
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Without Lebron they will be lucky to win 25 games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post

Didn't the T-Wolves average 25 wins a season when Love was there? To me Love is one of those guys who doesn't look as good in the game as he does in the box score.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-03-2018, 10:37 AM   #123
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Didn't the T-Wolves average 25 wins a season when Love was there? To me Love is one of those guys who doesn't look as good in the game as he does in the box score.
I was joking, I've never been a Kevin Love fan for the same reasons you mention. I've gotten some grief for that, and also some that agree.
Old 07-03-2018, 11:31 AM   #124
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Quote:
I was joking, I've never been a Kevin Love fan for the same reasons you mention. I've gotten some grief for that, and also some that agree.

I thought you could be joking, I get members mixed up outside of political views. I think Kevin Love is either overrated or underrated by fans. Put me in the group that doesn't think much of his impact on the game. Maybe it is because I feel he would have been a better fit if he played in a different era.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-04-2018, 12:53 PM   #125
lansdale

Maybe not...

Quote:
Love among the few players the Lakers are considering trading for -- along with Demar Derozan and a few others. Whatever happens, looks like Lakers are willing to dump their young players and go into win-now mode for Lebron.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...deals-targeted
lansdale is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-04-2018, 03:33 PM   #126
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lansdale View Post
Love among the few players the Lakers are considering trading for -- along with Demar Derozan and a few others. Whatever happens, looks like Lakers are willing to dump their young players and go into win-now mode for Lebron.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...deals-targeted
No way LeBron is signing off on a Kevin Love trade. I doubt Love would either if he had a choice. Kawhi seems to be showing some reluctance to team up with LeBron now as well.
Old 07-04-2018, 03:40 PM   #127
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
No way LeBron is signing off on a Kevin Love trade. I doubt Love would either if he had a choice. Kawhi seems to be showing some reluctance to team up with LeBron now as well.

Firm believer in Kawhi Leonard being the most overrated player in the entire NBA.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-04-2018, 06:02 PM   #128
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
Firm believer in Kawhi Leonard being the most overrated player in the entire NBA.
You can call him overrated...but you certainly can't call him OVERWORKED.
Old 07-04-2018, 07:03 PM   #129
AndyC

Quote:
How so? The guy is a top defensive player every year. His offense has improved significantly each year. He gets 25 points a game and shuts down the other teams best player. I would take 5 just like Kawhi and take my chances against the rest of the league.
AndyC is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-05-2018, 01:58 PM   #130
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
How so? The guy is a top defensive player every year. His offense has improved significantly each year. He gets 25 points a game and shuts down the other teams best player. I would take 5 just like Kawhi and take my chances against the rest of the league.
It will be interesting to see how he does away from the Spurs. Always possible he was a system guy. We haven't seen that much with the Spurs because for the most part the best players have stayed there for their entire careers. I think he is a star but there is that small part that leaves some doubt.

Also, he either had a serious injury or he mentally didn't want to play. Whichever it is is a negative in my opinion.
Old 07-05-2018, 02:05 PM   #131
Valuist

Quote:
That's nuts. Defense is almost always underrated and this guy has been a top 5 defender in the league for a number of years.

Look at the series a year ago against the Warriors. With Kawhi in, they led the mighty Warriors by over 20 in the second half of game one, only to see Leonard get hurt and their lead totally collapse.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-05-2018, 02:23 PM   #132
lansdale

Quote:
I was surprised by this rumor too, but if there's any truth to it, I would be amazed if LBJ wasn't first asked to sign off on any deal regarding Love or any other player. It was Lebron who wanted Rondo there. Love has said he would like to play with LBJ for the rest of his career, but that could have been strictly PR. There seems to be little doubt that he would like to get out of Cleveland, and he can walk next year, so Cavs are in similar position to Spurs w/Kawhi. -- they don't want to lose him and get nothing in return. Re Kawhi -- word is he still wants Lakers, but Spurs demanding too much. Makes sense -- as one pundit has said, if Spurs traded Kawhi, he would be the best player traded since Shaq to Heat in 2005 -- as we know Kobe stupidly forced that.
lansdale is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2018, 10:30 AM   #133
AndyC

Quote:
It will be interesting to see how he does away from the Spurs. Always possible he was a system guy. We haven't seen that much with the Spurs because for the most part the best players have stayed there for their entire careers. I think he is a star but there is that small part that leaves some doubt.

Also, he either had a serious injury or he mentally didn't want to play. Whichever it is is a negative in my opinion.
A "system guy" usually applies to offense. He is a lockdown defensive player. As for his offense, he can play with his back to the basket and he can also square up and take his jumper. His 3-point shot has improved remarkably since his rookie year. He is known for his hard work and he keeps out of trouble off the court.

His durability is certainly the biggest concern and probably the biggest negative for any suitor.
AndyC is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2018, 03:53 PM   #134
Robert Fischer
clean money

So what is the deal with Kawhi's injuries? Is that all behind him?

Kawhi is a good compliment to LeBron. I think the biggest question with that pairing becomes whether they fit with Lonzo Ball.
If that is your perimeter, then Kawhi has to take even more 3's than he currently takes(I think he takes 4 or 5 currently, and you'd need 7-10 from him). That or utilize a stretch-4 who jacks up some 3's to stretch the D. -Otherwise you've got a defense that is contracting. Kawhi isn't really a passer. Ball isn't a shooter. Ball and LeBron taking turns creating, and Kawhi and LeBron taking turns scoring... It's a potent lineup for sure, you just wonder about the fluidity.
Old 07-06-2018, 04:51 PM   #135
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

I'll have to read more, but I don't think Kawhi can just sit out a year and become a free agent. He certainly won't get paid if he does it but I think it basically freezes his contract. I'd call that bluff even if not true. Two years of not playing basketball is not easy to overcome. And it is still a LOT of money he is leaving on the table.