Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-09-2016, 12:15 PM   #16
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks
Once again you are wrong.

I both admire and look up to both Mostpost and Hcap precisely because they see with such clarity.
I apologize for thinking your were smarter than you are.
It will not happen again.
Old 08-09-2016, 06:54 PM   #17
Jess Hawsen Arown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Nice job paraphrasing William F Buckley on his explanation of liberals.
Jess Hawsen Arown is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2016, 07:20 PM   #18
Sinner369

It doesn't seem to .................???

"CNN President Virginia Moseley is married to former Hillary Clinton’s Deputy Secretary Tom Nides."

It doesn't seem to matter in the case of CNN..........I never seen such over coverage for Donald Trump..............he seem to be mentioned in every other sentence.
Old 08-09-2016, 07:57 PM   #19
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess Hawsen Arown
Everything occurs to people who think for themselves. That is why suspicion of the liberal media is so obvious because they only provide one view despite what the proof says.

You would know it, too, if you weren't so locked in with the bias from the left. I used to be a big fan of the New York Times -- until 2004. I used to argue with people who complained by saying -- "Who cares what they say on the editorial page!" But an edition in 2004 during the Bush-Kerry campaign brought me to my senses. There were pro-Kerry articles on the front page, and throughout the paper. You would not have even known Bush was running. But the best was their Letters To The Editors. Must have been a dozen letters and not one was pro-Bush.

Since then I have paid close attention. Only those who are hard core Democrats could miss it, it is so obvious.
Can you prove that anyone wrote a pro Bush letter on that day? Are you saying they never published a pro Bush letter? I seriously doubt that. The NYT is a liberal paper read by liberal people. It stands to reason that more Kerry supporters would have written to them than Bush supporters.

Maybe the reason there were more positive stories about Kerry was that there was more to be positive about him-a lot more.
Old 08-09-2016, 08:17 PM   #20
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
You are missing the point.
I disagree.

If you want to read a completely neutral article, I suggest reading AP or Reuters news stories. Otherwise, you will probably get an opinion and that opinion most likely will not be your opinion. Too bad for you that most people don't agree with you.

If you want journalists to lay off Trump and/or crucify Hillary for stupid crap like Bengazi, you will be disappointed every time. (Most people understand there are life and death risks involved if you have volunteered to work in the Middle East. And that Hillary is not the cause of the risk.)

Anyway, blaming Hillary for those murders is the height of stupidity for most people who can think clearly. Conservatives and other Hillary haters may wish most journalists would lay the blame for these deaths on Hillary but that slop can only be served by FOX News and some of the other 'conservative' news sources that serve the far right.

Last edited by NJ Stinks; 08-09-2016 at 08:24 PM.
NJ Stinks is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2016, 08:21 PM   #21
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Tom, I guess you were being nicer than usual because I've haven't posted much lately and we all know absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Hopefully, you really won't let it "happen again"!
Old 08-10-2016, 08:42 AM   #22
classhandicapper

Quote:
Too bad for you that most people don't agree with you.
I don't want anyone agreeing with me. The very point is that they aren't supposed to express any opinion at all except on the editorial page. They are only supposed to report all the facts and then I form an opinion. In this environment, to get all the facts to have to go to multiple biased sources at each end of the spectrum or to sources outside the US. That's not how it's supposed to work. It's very unhealthy because most will go to one source and assume they know the whole story when they do not.

We have a lot of very bright people on this sight but there's only a handful that understand what's actually going on in our economy. You know why? The mainstream media refuses to tell the truth. You have to go to various blogs and financial sources that are willing to discuss it.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 08-10-2016 at 08:48 AM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-10-2016, 10:27 AM   #23
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

When news and commentary overlap, you have no news.
The trouble is that today, there requirements for being a journalist are lower than a snake. Any dipshit can be a CNN Anchor, and all of them are. The population is at its lowest intelligence level in 100 years, so these morons now sound legitimate.

News is what happened, not what you want to have happened.
CNN never makes that distinction.
Old 08-10-2016, 10:48 AM   #24
delayjf

Quote:
stupid crap like Bengazi,
Off the top of my head, this single event epitomizes Hillary's abilities and qualification as a leader more than any other single event that she been involved with. All her wonderful leadership traits are on display for everyone to admire, to include; apathy, poor judgement and a lack of integrity. It is truly one of her epic masterpieces.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-10-2016, 11:24 AM   #25
dartman51

Quote:
I disagree.

If you want to read a completely neutral article, I suggest reading AP or Reuters news stories. Otherwise, you will probably get an opinion and that opinion most likely will not be your opinion. Too bad for you that most people don't agree with you.

If you want journalists to lay off Trump and/or crucify Hillary for stupid crap like Bengazi, you will be disappointed every time. (Most people understand there are life and death risks involved if you have volunteered to work in the Middle East. And that Hillary is not the cause of the risk.)

Anyway, blaming Hillary for those murders is the height of stupidity for most people who can think clearly. Conservatives and other Hillary haters may wish most journalists would lay the blame for these deaths on Hillary but that slop can only be served by FOX News and some of the other 'conservative' news sources that serve the far right.
Benghazi was "STUPID CRAP"???? WOW....you have sunk to a new low. I must say, I am surprised.
dartman51 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-10-2016, 11:29 AM   #26
Clocker

The NY Times can't even report simple facts without putting a liberal spin on them. In reporting about Brazil using the military to provide security at the Olympics, the NYT described armed soldiers standing outside the Olympic Park with 'their weapons aimed menacingly at the sidewalk'.

No doubt assault weapons, designed to kill as many people, or sidewalks, as possible.
Old 08-10-2016, 11:45 AM   #27
johnhannibalsmith

The mental visual of someone in fatigues providing security aiming menacingly at a sidewalk is a fertile crescent of ammunition with which to menacingly mock the author. Get an editor.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-10-2016, 11:58 AM   #28
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith
The mental visual of someone in fatigues providing security aiming menacingly at a sidewalk is a fertile crescent of ammunition with which to menacingly mock the author. Get an editor.
How about an actual visual? With the mockery of the NY Times coming from the similarly left wing Washington Post.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2016/08/08/their-weapons-aimed-menacingly-at-the-sidewalk/
Old 08-10-2016, 12:10 PM   #29
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
How about an actual visual? With the mockery of the NY Times coming from the similarly left wing Washington Post.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2016/08/08/their-weapons-aimed-menacingly-at-the-sidewalk/

Okay that's funny. Someone wrote an article about a sentence in another article. Though the photo kind of spoils it. I had visions of a guy in a Rambo-Che fashion motif with coca leaves behind his ears doing the crouch walk screaming at the pavement to get down.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-10-2016, 02:42 PM   #30
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess Hawsen Arown
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/50013-2/

Easy to rig an election says Princeton Professor.
Maybe it is not an accident that voting machines are easy to hack.
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply