Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 03-01-2024, 03:36 PM   #16
Parkview_Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01 View Post
...But saying that, I'm sure that will appeal to some degenerates.
That pretty much describes the typical horseplayer these days. A glutton for punishment, if nothing else.

I'm not sure if the Preakness future this weekend is the most insane bet ever, but it definitely ranks up there. The latter Preakness future pool is playable, and can be used as a hedge on Derby bets or flyers with a bit more currency in their form known, as well as the connection's intent for the Triple Crown races.

I often make a small bet in the first or second Derby future, but this year I didn't - pared the field down to six horses in Pool 2, but couldn't key on any one of them. Most years it's a struggle to get an early future pool bet to the gate on Derby Day, but I've watched a few become decent horses later on. So, it's worth the "entertainment" value, IMHO.
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2024, 06:18 PM   #17
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkview_Pirate View Post
the typical horseplayer these days.

$$##@@$$##
Old 03-02-2024, 10:20 AM   #18
capitalman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkview_Pirate View Post
That pretty much describes the typical horseplayer these days. A glutton for punishment, if nothing else.

I'm not sure if the Preakness future this weekend is the most insane bet ever, but it definitely ranks up there. The latter Preakness future pool is playable, and can be used as a hedge on Derby bets or flyers with a bit more currency in their form known, as well as the connection's intent for the Triple Crown races.

I often make a small bet in the first or second Derby future, but this year I didn't - pared the field down to six horses in Pool 2, but couldn't key on any one of them. Most years it's a struggle to get an early future pool bet to the gate on Derby Day, but I've watched a few become decent horses later on. So, it's worth the "entertainment" value, IMHO.
It's not an insane bet if you believe Baffert can keep Nysos together for the next 2.5 months. If you can afford to risk your money that Nysos will make it into the gate, then there's only one way to play it-bet Nysos & get rewarded for the 2.5 month wait with a $7 payoff instead of a $3 payoff.

Betting any other horse than Nysos is insane since he's by far the best 3YO and he will be on more rest than any of the Derby horses who run.

I feel the same way about Nysos as I did when I got 8/1 on American Pharoah when I trusted Baffert to keep him sound for the Derby after he went back in training in 2015.
capitalman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2024, 01:01 PM   #19
capitalman

TVG said Nysos scratched from the San Felipe. I cancelled my bet & if I find out there's a non-injury reason I will re-bet it, but so far I don't know enough, so I had to cancel. If I don't know before the deadline, I'll pass the Preakness futures.

Last edited by capitalman; 03-02-2024 at 01:05 PM.
Old 03-02-2024, 01:54 PM   #20
capitalman

Nysos not injured. Bet is back on.
Old 03-02-2024, 06:25 PM   #21
burnsy
self medicated

Other than rooting fun …….. betting wise this is the most ridiculous bet I think I’ve ever seen . Yeah, if you have a high flyer you may get lucky and cash a nice ticket . But you got people trying to justify a 2-1 price on a bet like this ? Ah Pace , where do you find them ? There’s a sucker born every minute …… or every 10 seconds . I want even money that it’s a fake profile .
burnsy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2024, 06:54 PM   #22
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

I'm in.

Couple of Bafferts, couple of McPeeks, and All Others at 6-1 right now.

Cheap fun.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2024, 03:44 PM   #23
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalman View Post
Nysos not injured. Bet is back on.
No he’s hurt . Set back 30 days . It’s over 2-1 if he even makes the race now . Oh , it’s a great bet . And it’s not just this horse , people , Futures are a terrible bet on favorites . Look at recent history. These horses drop out like flies . Already a couple this week. This horse is now 50/50 . And it’s just begun , more to come . At least try to get some value . Your horse has to make the race . It’s a license to steal for tracks and bookmakers . That’s why I wonder if this is a fan site or real gamblers . Cmon , I’m not saying you won’t cash your 2-1 but it’s not looking good .
burnsy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply