Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-05-2023, 03:52 PM   #16
JustRalph
Just another Facist

I suffer through Houston summers for the other 8-9 months a year.

I spent a couple of days in Arizona on 100+ days. It’s not as bad as Houston. Humidity makes a huge difference in my opine.
Old 07-05-2023, 04:34 PM   #17
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post

I spent a couple of days in Arizona on 100+ days. It’s not as bad as Houston. Humidity makes a huge difference in my opine.

In my opinion the heat index numbers are low. I would take a dry 110 over a humid 90 degree day anytime.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-05-2023, 10:12 PM   #18
46zilzal
velocitician

World temperature records have been broken for a second day in a row, data suggests, as experts issued a warning that this year’s warmest days are still to come – and with them the warmest days ever recorded.

The average global air temperature was 17.18C (62.9F) on Tuesday, according to data collated by the US National Centers for Environmental Prediction (NCEP), surpassing the record 17.01C reached on Monday
Old 07-05-2023, 10:37 PM   #19
jimmyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
World temperature records have been broken for a second day in a row, data suggests, as experts issued a warning that this year’s warmest days are still to come – and with them the warmest days ever recorded.

The average global air temperature was 17.18C (62.9F) on Tuesday, according to data collated by the US National Centers for Environmental Prediction (NCEP), surpassing the record 17.01C reached on Monday
thank you very much!!! A fourteen degree turn around from yesterdays 74 degrees. Finally starting to feel like summer. Beach, babe watching, BBQ, sun tan, fishing, kayaking, gas furnace not in use. Gotta love it. Hoping the heat lasts into November this year. Anticipating the soon to arrive motorcycle. Love the longer riding seasons. Farmers are loving the longer growing season.

Greta who?
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-05-2023, 10:38 PM   #20
davew

Quote:

OMG, we are going to die ... I hope they block the sun soon
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-05-2023, 11:19 PM   #21
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:

That's what happens when the earth starts warming in 1900 after cooling off for 5,000 years.

It gets hotter...shocking, I know
Old 07-06-2023, 08:56 AM   #22
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Who verified the temperatures?
A scientific third party or those who are pushing the scare tactics?

I posted here years ago that the protocols for gathering world wide temperatures were grossly violated. Uncalibrated instruments, time of day variance, location of thec data collection pointsseriously biased...

The data is bogus.
It is DISINFORMATIOM!
Old 07-06-2023, 11:20 AM   #23
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Who verified the temperatures?
A scientific third party or those who are pushing the scare tactics?

I posted here years ago that the protocols for gathering world wide temperatures were grossly violated. Uncalibrated instruments, time of day variance, location of thec data collection pointsseriously biased...

The data is bogus.
It is DISINFORMATIOM!

Add that to open natural ground being paved over by the day, that does two things they scream climate change over. It increases temperatures and the impact of rainfall on flooding. You never hear that factor mentioned along with the population increasing effecting the number of wild fires.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2023, 12:22 PM   #24
Stevecsd2

In England they had a temperature gauge near a runway at a Royal Air Force runway. Gee, I wonder why it showed the highest temperature of any readings for that day.
Stevecsd2 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2023, 12:28 PM   #25
Vinnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post

You are absolutely correct sir. I live in Central Florida near Disney and the humidity here can be flat out beastly. Of course, when I think about it, I quickly realize that I do in point of fact live in Florida where ridiculously high humidity is unfortunately for me and others par for the course. So, it is what it is.

Vinnie

"All Human error is impatience; a premature renunciation of method"- F. Kafka
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2023, 12:33 PM   #26
vegasone

Yahoo News:

'Unprecedented and terrifying': World sets all-time high temperature record 2 days in a row
The Earth’s average temperature reached an all-time high on Monday, and then again on Tuesday, in what is shaping up to be a year of record-breaking heat.

Monday’s global average temperature of 62.62 degrees Fahrenheit was exceeded Tuesday when it reached 62.92°F, according to the University of Maine’s Climate Change Institute

What moron would be terrified of 63 degree weather.

I believe they are using NASA temperature data which hasn't been around all that long.

Been the coolest weather here in a long time. It is what is known as weather. Has a habit of constantly changing.

Last edited by vegasone; 07-06-2023 at 12:34 PM.
vegasone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2023, 01:00 PM   #27
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

There's been many articles written about how these "official temperature monitors" are misplaced. Possibly purposefully? To record higher temperatures.

They have a vested interest in reporting AS HOT AS POSSIBLE...even going so far as to RIG it...sound familiar?

2020 anyone?

Rigging is in their blood. And if you don't believe it, you are a fool.
Old 07-06-2023, 04:48 PM   #28
jimmyb

Ask a roofer and he'll tell you it's much hotter on a roof than it will be at street level. PA is correct, many people have a vested interest in climate. Al Gore sits on the board of at least a dozen green tech firms. Greta Thunberg is a millionaire. Schwarzeneggar invested millions in battery storage.
Old 07-06-2023, 05:10 PM   #29
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
Ask a roofer and he'll tell you it's much hotter on a roof than it will be at street level. .
THat is REFLECTED and CONCENTRATED heat
Old 07-06-2023, 05:48 PM   #30
jimmyb

Quote:
THat is REFLECTED and CONCENTRATED heat
Probably where all the thermometers are located. Rooftops.