Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-16-2018, 02:15 AM   #106
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
So Breyer wasn’t speaking in plain language? Funny, I didn’t have a problem following what he meant..

Maybe this will help, I think it’s in English

https://www.thenation.com/article/ho...e-gun-control/
As always FD can never 'own' an opinion of his own, but spin more trash like this article to supposeldy "speak" for him, and then deny whatever the repercussions may come.

Which parts do you support Dan? Be very specific.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-16-2018, 02:17 AM   #107
Parkview_Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
That is one of the dumbest things I have ever read. Did you make that up yourself? Why not ask God why he allows such violence in churches? Or is he no longer allowed there? God is allowed in schools; public, organized prayer is not.

Why does God allow such things? Because we have free will. God does not intervene so that we have the opportunity to better ourselves-to solve our own problems. Although I'm sure he must despair that we will ever get it right.
Not surprising you've taken the quote out of context, a popular pastime in the Religion II thread. And let's not forget the debate just begins when mentioning free will - as that concept conflicts with an omniscient God. But, wrong thread for that.

And I'm not so sure we should be taking religious advice from someone who capitalizes God, but not the reference pronoun. Of course, Mostpost, we know you consider yourself to be a god of sorts, so your confusion is understandable.
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-16-2018, 02:23 AM   #108
Parkview_Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
After the debacle in Vegas, all these mass shootings will be tagged as false flags, whether or not they are - just a new form of misdirection propaganda, to keep the sheep guessing. And on edge.
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-16-2018, 02:28 AM   #109
Clocker

Quote:
So Breyer wasn’t speaking in plain language?
I didn't see any language, plain or otherwise, from Breyer. I saw the following, which is gibberish to me:

Quote:
Justice Breyer penned the dissent against Scalia and I believe his rebuff is the ONLY way to interpret the 2nd Amendment.
(please pay no mind to the now disgraced interviewer)#GunControlNow #Parkland pic.twitter.com/cFF31ntZoI
If Breyer said something relevant, it is easy enough to quote it here.
Old 02-16-2018, 02:39 AM   #110
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
I didn't see any language, plain or otherwise, from Breyer. I saw the following, which is gibberish to me:.
There’s a two minute video of Breyer speaking attached to that tweet. Plays fine for me on multiple devices, but I understand some browsers can be fussy about it.

The Nation link spells out what he said in the video.
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-16-2018, 02:43 AM   #111
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
There’s a two minute video of Breyer speaking attached to that tweet. Plays fine for me on multiple devices, but I understand some browsers can be fussy about it.

The Nation link spells out what he said in the video.
Did you Derp Derp?
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-16-2018, 02:53 AM   #112
Clocker

Quote:
Doesn't play fine for me because I don't clink on videos or other links unless someone can tell me in a sentence or two what it's about and why I should watch it.

You post a lot of links without giving a clue as to the content, and I, for one, ignore them.
Old 02-16-2018, 06:43 AM   #113
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Maybe it's all the pharmaceuticals we consume...big pharma is hitting kids like never before with all kinds of drugs to alter and control them in some way...

Maybe it's global warming...

Maybe it's a lack of discipline since that's been pretty much outlawed these days.

Could be any of a number of things, besides guns of course.
Crap like participation trophies, making it pretty much illegal to discipline your kid, basic coddling of kids. They end up being soft and can't handle a bad day. I have seen kids as young as 7 talking about stress. I keep hearing concern over bullying, body shaming, blah,blah, blah. That is all part of life, kids pick on each other. Then you have pathetic dip shits like Dr. Phil on TV making excuses for every rotten kid under the son and projecting like you can fix any problem with therapy and medication.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-16-2018, 06:46 AM   #114
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Why does everyone want to keep coming here if it sucks so badly + it's so damn dangerous?
A good chunk of people come from a country that has 5 times the USA murder rate, of course they bring that culture with them.
Old 02-16-2018, 07:16 AM   #115
RunForTheRoses

The drugs doled out may be a factor. I read somewhere, only one place, that he was on some sort of anti-depressant and then abruptly stopped.
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-16-2018, 07:18 AM   #116
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
Doesn't play fine for me because I don't clink on videos or other links unless someone can tell me in a sentence or two what it's about and why I should watch it.

You post a lot of links without giving a clue as to the content, and I, for one, ignore them.
With the title My Tweets Kill Fascists you didn't have a clue as to what it would be from the young man?
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-16-2018, 08:24 AM   #117
woodtoo

On Tuesday a grandmother in Washington State turned in grandson, Joshua Alexander O'Conner 18, after finding journal. Foils mass shooting, bombing.

Called 911 FBI not involved, held on $ 5 million bond.

@ Brietbart
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-16-2018, 08:35 AM   #118
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
On Tuesday a grandmother in Washington State turned in grandson, Joshua Alexander O'Conner 18, after finding journal. Foils mass shooting, bombing.

Called 911 FBI not involved, held on $ 5 million bond.

@ Brietbart
Oh no, what about his civil rights? Is there a sarcasm emoji? That kid must be a real pile of crap, grandma is usually the last to give up on someone.
Old 02-16-2018, 08:50 AM   #119
woodtoo

She deserves a big hug and a medal.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-16-2018, 09:32 AM   #120
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Total horse poop that I do that, and that’s just your out the backdoor excuse for ignoring the content.
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply