Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-08-2017, 06:40 PM   #121
rrpic6

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME View Post
Do they show # of live tickets after every race?

At the very least you can do that.
Yes its on the monitors after every leg.

RR
Old 03-08-2017, 06:43 PM   #122
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrpic6 View Post
Yes its on the monitors after every leg.

RR
I think that is nice

Another question, why not show how many tickets are alive for the last race on each horse and how much money is on a scratched horse (if there are any)?

Why is that SO hard for tracks to do? Put a disclaimer up, if there are any late scratches-there may be more than 1 winner.

Am I nuts to think of something so simple?
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-08-2017, 09:10 PM   #123
tanner12oz

Thumbs up

What's with the north Korean like ban on photography at the track? I know alot of people really dig shooting horses and its very much stated on the website about photography being not allowed. Thought it was kinda odd. Looking forward to heading up again.
tanner12oz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2017, 02:11 PM   #124
gib
Shouttheodds

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner12oz View Post
What's with the north Korean like ban on photography at the track? I know alot of people really dig shooting horses and its very much stated on the website about photography being not allowed. Thought it was kinda odd. Looking forward to heading up again.
I have never been bothered while popping pictures with my phone and observe many others doing the same. I'm guessing that commercial use of pictures might be what they are discouraging.
Old 03-10-2017, 02:27 PM   #125
gib
Shouttheodds

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner12oz View Post
I'll be at the track next weekend..do they have WiFi?
In my experiences the WIFI has been useless with an iPad and slows my phone down a crawl. Betting off of my phone, I usually turn the WIFI off and just use data. Phone reception is generally good inside the building and you are always just a few steps away from the great outdoors.
Old 03-10-2017, 11:01 PM   #126
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gib View Post
In my experiences the WIFI has been useless with an iPad and slows my phone down a crawl. Betting off of my phone, I usually turn the WIFI off and just use data. Phone reception is generally good inside the building and you are always just a few steps away from the great outdoors.

I'll occasionally pull up a chart or replay on my phone there, and the process moves swiftly enough. My trip and bias notes are also in my phone, but not reliant on the net.

Word is the surface took no big hit from last night's snow and should be fine for tomorrow's action. Incidentally, I've had the track playing reasonably fair for 6 of the last 7 cards.

I need kicked for not pummeling Odin Londono's (front-man for Larry Reed) recent claim in that entry-level alw Wed. The horse closed strongly last start when mired along a dead-rail in a race wired by sharp chalk. And in addition, figured prominent early in a race utterly devoid of speed.

But I was way too busy basking in the afterglow of a longshot score on the John Brown horse in that 3x aoc. And pontificating to surrounding wise guys about what a genius I am.

Stupid. Just stupid. A costly indulgence of ego.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-13-2017, 07:51 PM   #127
schweitz

Rainbow Six was hit today for 88 grand.
schweitz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-13-2017, 08:47 PM   #128
tanner12oz

So much for playing this on Saturday.

Doh!
Old 03-16-2017, 11:46 PM   #129
mountainman

It's been fun to revisit my previous life and treat Mahoning like a job. That said, this long stretch of reasonably fair surfaces might make it more difficult to find value for the remainder of the season.

I did think the track played just a bit anti-rail wed.

On a separate note: Pilares sometimes infuriates me with his passive approach and simply isn't a strong finisher. Completely overrated.
Old 06-06-2017, 02:23 AM   #130
RobertCalifornia
Journeyman

Look at the architecture, it's built to discourage leaving the slot floor in a big way. People can go there and not even realize there is even a racetrack or pari-mutuel off track betting. The steep escalator/stairs and the narrow walkway downstairs says a lot, along with the small number of seats in the grandstand(which are more than they planned had not been for objections from the horsemen). Of course racing is meant to fail there. If it's your prerogative to go there, quite cozy and comfortable.
RobertCalifornia is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2017, 05:45 AM   #131
tanner12oz

Obviously landscaping is a challenge in Ohio winters bit the track needs something. It looks like a work in progress construction site or something. Even some billboards or advertising I think would be an improvement over the drab expanse of dead brown winter grass
Old 06-06-2017, 11:17 AM   #132
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertCalifornia View Post
Look at the architecture, it's built to discourage leaving the slot floor in a big way. People can go there and not even realize there is even a racetrack or pari-mutuel off track betting. The steep escalator/stairs and the narrow walkway downstairs says a lot, along with the small number of seats in the grandstand(which are more than they planned had not been for objections from the horsemen). Of course racing is meant to fail there. If it's your prerogative to go there, quite cozy and comfortable.
Their contempt for horseracing permeates the building. But don't blame Bourke or other racing employees, that agenda would come from (much) higher up.

I hope racing does still flourish there. It's an atm machine that dispenses free money.

Last edited by mountainman; 06-06-2017 at 11:18 AM.