Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-03-2017, 09:21 AM   #106
rrpic6

Mark, I do understand the strange bed fellows that make the Racino marriage one of necessity not love. The increased purses do make up for some of the negative aspects of this un-holy union. MVR can continue to card low level races with large fields because of it. Look at Turfway, Hawthorne, Turf Paradise and Sam Houston. Their purses for similar type races are less than MVR's. Hawthorne does have some full fields carded as their meet opens. Just like MVR, their field size will decrease quickly until their turf course opens. I'm sure the same will happen with the upcoming season at Mountaineer. Bad horse races are better than no horse races.

RR

Last edited by rrpic6; 03-03-2017 at 09:23 AM.
rrpic6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2017, 11:54 AM   #107
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrpic6 View Post
Mark, I do understand the strange bed fellows that make the Racino marriage one of necessity not love. The increased purses do make up for some of the negative aspects of this un-holy union. MVR can continue to card low level races with large fields because of it. Look at Turfway, Hawthorne, Turf Paradise and Sam Houston. Their purses for similar type races are less than MVR's. Hawthorne does have some full fields carded as their meet opens. Just like MVR, their field size will decrease quickly until their turf course opens. I'm sure the same will happen with the upcoming season at Mountaineer. Bad horse races are better than no horse races.

RR
How is your play? I took some brutal beats last week at long odds. That surface often changes a bit (usually when dry) over the course of an afternoon. And that can make things difficult.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2017, 11:55 AM   #108
mountainman

Quote:

RR
We won't waste much time in bringing turf into play. It's what we have. And we know it.
Old 03-03-2017, 12:05 PM   #109
rrpic6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman View Post
How is your play? I took some brutal beats last week at long odds. That surface often changes a bit (usually when dry) over the course of an afternoon. And that can make things difficult.
Ditto with the brutal beats. I had 5 of the last 6 winners listed as my top pick on the tipsheet yet still didn't hit the pick 6 Tuesday as I singled in the leg where my 2nd choice won.

I also had the 1st 4 legs in on a small throwaway ticket last week. My 3rd choice won the last 2 legs. BTW it paid $4100 that day.

RR
Old 03-03-2017, 12:12 PM   #110
DeltaLover

Quote:
Bad horse races are better than no horse races.
RR
What you are saying here is probably correct for the horsemen but obviously wrong for the bettor.
Old 03-03-2017, 12:16 PM   #111
johnhannibalsmith

Depends on the bettor. I've sure run into plenty of guys and gals that I used to see at the track playing the races all the time when it was open. They aren't ADW players and until just recently, would have been potential felons if they were. So, they stopped playing when the bad racing became no racing. Contraction isn't all upside. Some people stop going, others never get the chance to show up at all.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2017, 03:23 PM   #112
mountainman

No reflection on mnr, mahoning, or any other small track. But there is a huge difference between GOOD racing at cheap levels and BAD racing at similar tracks.
Old 03-07-2017, 05:48 AM   #113
rrpic6

The Buckeye Pick 6 carryover has reached $50K. Today might be one of the few chances a solo ticket might hit it. The Pick 6 sequence has an average of 10 horses per race entered. The weather will be unseasonably warm and wet today, adding to the possibility of unlikely long-shots winning some races.

RR
Old 03-07-2017, 12:28 PM   #114
tanner12oz

I'll be at the track next weekend..do they have WiFi?
tanner12oz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-07-2017, 05:43 PM   #115
rrpic6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner12oz View Post
I'll be at the track next weekend..do they have WiFi?
I think it is hit or miss. I use 4g on my i-phone to access xpressbet on site due to company policies. Never seen anyone with a laptop there. (Laughing to myself). The crowds are in indeed retro.

RR

Last edited by rrpic6; 03-07-2017 at 05:46 PM.
rrpic6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-07-2017, 07:23 PM   #116
NTamm1215

The track sure was quite a bit faster today than it was yesterday with the wet, warm weather.
NTamm1215 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-07-2017, 07:28 PM   #117
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
I think it is hit or miss. I use 4g on my i-phone to access xpressbet on site due to company policies. Never seen anyone with a laptop there. (Laughing to myself). The crowds are in indeed retro.

RR

OMG, I'll be right there!!!

EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-08-2017, 03:59 PM   #118
Vinman

Quote:
The Buckeye Pick 6 carryover has reached $50K. Today might be one of the few chances a solo ticket might hit it. The Pick 6 sequence has an average of 10 horses per race entered. The weather will be unseasonably warm and wet today, adding to the possibility of unlikely long-shots winning some races.

RR
Ron......Any chance of providing MVR fans with info each day prior to last race as to which horses are live for the the entire P6 pool? We just had a 4/5 shot win after some big prices.....but no way of knowing if the pool is in jeopardy. Hopefully John would be given this information by mutuels to share with the public. I know GP and LRL do this. Seems like a no brainer.....whaddyathink?

Vinman
Vinman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-08-2017, 05:49 PM   #119
rrpic6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinman View Post
Ron......Any chance of providing MVR fans with info each day prior to last race as to which horses are live for the the entire P6 pool? We just had a 4/5 shot win after some big prices.....but no way of knowing if the pool is in jeopardy. Hopefully John would be given this information by mutuels to share with the public. I know GP and LRL do this. Seems like a no brainer.....whaddyathink?

Vinman
I'm too lazy to look back in this thread to see if I answered this already. They were showing will pays on the Pick 6 earlier in the meet but they were not accurate. Also, in case of late scratches where favorites then win, the payouts would obviously change as happened at Louisiana Downs in the past causing a mess.

RR
Old 03-08-2017, 06:10 PM   #120
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
I'm too lazy to look back in this thread to see if I answered this already. They were showing will pays on the Pick 6 earlier in the meet but they were not accurate. Also, in case of late scratches where favorites then win, the payouts would obviously change as happened at Louisiana Downs in the past causing a mess.

RR
Do they show # of live tickets after every race?

At the very least you can do that.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply