Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-01-2024, 08:10 AM   #16
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
If this is truly the dumbest country on the planet, you are a major reason.
A retired mail carrier calling a successful businessman dumb.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2024, 10:32 AM   #17
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
Under the DEI umbrella, Governor signed an executive order requiring all state agencies to drop degree requirements for all state jobs. She's going after the private sector as well. Be interesting to see what she does.

I don't see that as a big deal, look at the educational records of the cast of idiots that is the Biden administration. KJP has an IVY league education , but if you think she is a dumb ass check out Dept of Interior's head Deb Haaland, I think she has had a lobotomy.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2024, 10:37 AM   #18
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
First you bitch that the migrants aren’t working and are a drain on society. Then you bitch that someone is giving them jobs. These are 10,000 jobs that are going unfilled. Entry level jobs. Orderlies, food service, landscaping.

Anyone can apply. Requirements are suspended for everyone. What does state jobs for free even mean? Did people have to pay to get a job previously?

10,000 jons unfilled?
How many able-nodied prople are ao welfare?
Americans ho refuse jobs should not get any welfare.
Work or give up eating.
Old 03-01-2024, 10:50 AM   #19
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
A retired mail carrier calling a successful businessman dumb.

Cliffy said running a restaurant is easy and Ralph's wife is the brains of the operation. Another insulting post that Cliffy will deny saying. Cliffy seems to posses no knowledge of anything useful. He obviously has no clue about entry level state jobs in liberal cesspools in places like New York. From his behavior here he obviously has a personality defect. USPS workers of which my neighbor is an ex supervisor seem to have a lot of inside knowledge due to interacting with a large amount of people.

I would not find out much information about some fiber optic cable being laid.
Even after finding out it was Verizon and calling them. I asked the ex USPS worker neighbor if he knew anything. My concerns were like what happened to a customer they got government money but only to run the cable and years later still haven't connected anyone up. Dennis said it was going to cost $65 a house to connect service regardless of distance to main line.
He did not know the target completion date but he had the phone number
of the guy managing the job in this area and asked if I wanted it. Anything going on in this area Dennis knows most of the details.
Old 03-01-2024, 11:10 AM   #20
Inner Dirt

Quote:
First you bitch that the migrants aren’t working and are a drain on society. Then you bitch that someone is giving them jobs. These are 10,000 jobs that are going unfilled. Entry level jobs. Orderlies, food service, landscaping.

Anyone can apply. Requirements are suspended for everyone. What does state jobs for free even mean? Did people have to pay to get a job previously?

Where is your link for 10,000 unfilled jobs? Even if it is out there, I seriously doubt that is true. Even entry level jobs, "Orderlies, food service, landscaping" pay much more per hour plus better benefits than similar private sector jobs if they are government in a lefty state. Those jobs are often filled through nepotism or knowing the right people, and highly sought after.
Old 03-01-2024, 12:23 PM   #21
jimmyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Where is your link for 10,000 unfilled jobs? Even if it is out there, I seriously doubt that is true. Even entry level jobs, "Orderlies, food service, landscaping" pay much more per hour plus better benefits than similar private sector jobs if they are government in a lefty state. Those jobs are often filled through nepotism or knowing the right people, and highly sought after.
He pulls these numbers out of Bidens ass. Pelosi says the immigrants are needed to pick her grapes and our produce. Good luck getting them to do it.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2024, 12:24 PM   #22
davew

they are no longer migrants, they are now newcomers
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2024, 12:29 PM   #23
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
How about guests?

Yeah, that's the ticket.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2024, 12:55 PM   #24
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

How about "short-timerss"
Old 03-01-2024, 01:08 PM   #25
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
10,000 jons unfilled?
How many able-nodied prople are ao welfare?
Americans ho refuse jobs should not get any welfare.
Work or give up eating.
Exactly right……
Old 03-01-2024, 01:09 PM   #26
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
He pulls these numbers out of Bidens ass. Pelosi says the immigrants are needed to pick her grapes and our produce. Good luck getting them to do it.

I even Googled and could not find it. I would be curious if there was a trusted source for comparing public sector job pay across the states. In California all the state jobs I knew about paid the same regardless of location. State of California entry level jobs are pretty much twice the pay for half the work as the private sector.
Old 03-01-2024, 01:20 PM   #27
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I googled mostpost and 10,000 open jobs...

Old 03-01-2024, 02:53 PM   #28
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:

They shouldn't be going for any jobs

They are here illegally and should be immediately kicked out of the fucking country, you dumb ass old man
Old 03-01-2024, 03:32 PM   #29
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
They shouldn't be going for any jobs

They are here illegally and should be immediately kicked out of the fucking country, you dumb ass old man

I want to see the link and proof which he seemed to imply New York was the state with 10,000 unfilled jobs state jobs. If they operated like the feds the only way they could have that many openings is they created a bunch of jobs then drug their feet filling them. As far as twice the pay for half the work in a State of California jobs compared to private sector that was not pulled out of my ass that came right from workers mouths. With Caltrans, state road workers, they might do as little as 1/4 of the work. They sent 4 guys and two trucks to do a job I did myself. I beat them to a large fallen oak tree and I had purchased permits to cut in the area. The road was closed for winter, they just said I had to have the road cleared by sundown and they would be checking on me. On the trip down the mountain I passed two Caltrans trucks
parked in the parking lot in Angelus Oaks where there was a lodge and restaurant. I know at least one of those places had a pool table.

Caltrans didn't usually do high end road projects, they filled pot holes and did traffic control for the large projects. They did snow removal and cleaned road debris from flooding. They drive orange trucks and wear orange uniforms. I don't think I ever say more than half a crew working at a time. Sometimes filling pot holes you would have one guy shoveling and 3 guys leaning on shovels.

A kid who worked a summer job for me who joined the Navy and got married had a father in law that worked for Caltrans who used to brag at family gatherings how little he had to work. The Virginia equivalent VDOT actually has guys working most of the time.
Old 03-01-2024, 06:53 PM   #30
xtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
https://www.newcomer.com/newcomer-fu...-other-states/