Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-29-2024, 10:53 AM   #1
JustRalph
Just another Facist

NY Gov moving “migrants” to the front of the line

https://www.breitbart.com/immigratio...ny-state-jobs/

State jobs for free!
Old 02-29-2024, 11:11 AM   #2
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Stands to reason.
Most of our state workers now are illiterate, don't speak English, and are undesirable.

Look at our Governor, Trailer Park Kathy.

She's in the hospital today.
Yesterday, in highwinds, a $20 bill blew out of a guy's hand at a drive through, and she pulled both hamstrings chasing it down the street.
Old 02-29-2024, 11:55 AM   #3
jimmyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Massachusetts is doing that as well. Governor is dropping educational requirements for most state jobs.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-29-2024, 01:09 PM   #4
garyscpa

So we're outsourcing the government to foreigners? Sounds like a plan.
garyscpa is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-29-2024, 01:37 PM   #5
lamboguy

i live close to a street car line. currently they are replacing the outdoor tracks for a little less than a 3 mile stretch.

to temporarily replace the streetcars, the transit service rents out buses with the bus company's drivers driving those buses. the company that is doing that is charging the state $875 per bus per day. the buses started the beginning of the year and the project is supposed to get done by the end of May. the buses seem to be running about every 5 minutes, 3 of them run together. this morning during rush hour i counted the number of people that entered at the busiest stop. they averaged 5 people per bus. when these busses roll, it looks like a convoy going down the street.

the train runs in the middle of the street, so when they arranged for the buses, they stop closer to the sidewalk across from the street car stop. The state hired someone that i guess you could call a greeter, he wears a yellow jacket to distinguish himself and directs the people over to the bus stop. i asked the guy if he likes his job, and where he comes from. he tells me he comes from Ecuador and just got here. he is staying at one of the high class hotels in the heart of Boston. i would have kept chatting with the guy, but i was interrupted by his breakfast delivery. the guy and his job were both completely useless. its really embarrassing for me to see this, and by the way there are 12 stops along the line and all of them have a greeter of both sides of the street, inbound and outbound.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-29-2024, 01:40 PM   #6
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyscpa View Post
So we're outsourcing the government to foreigners? Sounds like a plan.
It might be a big improvement!
Old 02-29-2024, 02:08 PM   #7
davew

Hochul says the immigration problem is because republicans broke it and they should own it. She mut not have noticed Biden supercharged the problem.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cd7a0428&ei=46

Speaking of dem logic, NYC mayor Adams awarded some no bid contracts for renting hotels. The security guards there make $125/hour.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-29-2024, 03:41 PM   #8
jimmyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
Hochul says the immigration problem is because republicans broke it and they should own it. She mut not have noticed Biden supercharged the problem.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cd7a0428&ei=46

Speaking of dem logic, NYC mayor Adams awarded some no bid contracts for renting hotels. The security guards there make $125/hour.
Old 02-29-2024, 04:45 PM   #9
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Hochel swam out to the troop ships.

The troops opened fire on her.
Old 02-29-2024, 05:51 PM   #10
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
Massachusetts is doing that as well. Governor is dropping educational requirements for most state jobs.
You mean they had educational requirements? Coulda fooled me.
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-29-2024, 08:22 PM   #11
Inner Dirt

All you mother fuyers (jump blues song term I am fond of) have never seen inept low level government employees like the ones in California. No kidding Cali is very aggressive collecting taxes to the point of screwing honest people over. After I had fled the state I get this notice saying I understated my income and for a two year period & owe them $15,000 for 2009-2010. They were referencing my resale card sales tax report filing, that as in Cali is a pain in the ass as they have a different sales tax rate in every city and county.

As I have shared, or over shared as some have said, the recession of 2008 killed off all my customers, and I closed a business, and reinvented my business model. I went from OEM (original equipment manufacturer) to job shop. A job shop is you send me a drawing of a part or assembled product
I give you a price, and if you like my price and delivery I make it for you and you sell it for a profit.

Anyway, all the sales I listed on my resale card\sales tax filing paperwork in those years were mostly fire sale at a loss items. My major OEM item was dual alternator kits for limousines, I would buy alternators by the pallet to put in my kits. On fire sale to clear out inventory as I was going to downsize and get the hell out of Cali I sold pallets of alternators I paid $70 for and up for $30 each if a business would take a whole pallet.

The Cali dumb asses considered the $30 each a net profit instead of a $40 net loss. After a few phone discussions, I gave up. They even seized my business bank account and drained it. I got wise and got a bank with no association to Cali.

Cali can piss off and die, I cannot believe it took me 50 years to flee that state.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-29-2024, 10:03 PM   #12
jimmyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
You mean they had educational requirements? Coulda fooled me.
Under the DEI umbrella, Governor signed an executive order requiring all state agencies to drop degree requirements for all state jobs. She's going after the private sector as well. Be interesting to see what she does.
Old 02-29-2024, 11:48 PM   #13
OntheRail

Geeziscris... why is all I have to say. I hope the black guys facing hard times been out of a job... no help... takes a good look at how the Democrats just hopped right the fck over them and replaced them for illegal aliens criminals. So welcome back to the back of the bus courtesy of the woke make America worse again Democratic Party.
Old 03-01-2024, 02:53 AM   #14
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
First you bitch that the migrants aren’t working and are a drain on society. Then you bitch that someone is giving them jobs. These are 10,000 jobs that are going unfilled. Entry level jobs. Orderlies, food service, landscaping.

Anyone can apply. Requirements are suspended for everyone. What does state jobs for free even mean? Did people have to pay to get a job previously?

If this is truly the dumbest country on the planet, you are a major reason.
Old 03-01-2024, 03:14 AM   #15
mostpost

https://ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/pol...s-for-migrants

Here is what is actually happening. The jobs are temporary but can transition to permanent if you demonstrate your ability to do the work. There may be testing involved. I wasn’t clear on that.

Educational requirements are being waived because many migrants have no access to records from their home country. The waiver applies to everyone, migrant, naturalized citizen and Native Born.

Anyone can apply for these jobs.