Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 03-23-2004, 10:05 AM   #1
shanta

the kentucky derby, sartin programs

contender guidelines:
1) use only horses who have won or placed in grade 1 or grade 2 prep races. no other horses considered regardless of hype etc.

2) distance of paceline should be more than 8 furlongs.

3)don't worry bout off track lines here. its not the horses fault that it rained the day of their prep.

4)enter these grade 1 and grade 2 win and place lines into program.

5) ok to start go to corrolary screen. keep only the early (epr) horse who has the best cpr(composite pace rating) and fx.

6) he is the first "finalist" to make the final dance!

7) ok now right down the top 3 lpr (late pace rating) and top 3 he(hidden energy) horses on the corrolary screen.

8) these are your contenders. hide everone else. PERIOD.

9) pay no attention to running "style".

Richie Pizzicara
shanta is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-23-2004, 02:42 PM   #2
socantra

hmmmmmm

Interesting approach but I must be missing something.

2002 turns out about like I remember it looking when I handicapped it originally.

2003, I was on the road without the Validator, but using your method, I keep "Ten Most Wanted" in step (5), and don't pick up the winner "Funny Cide" in either of the next two steps. Whittling away normally, I only get Funny Cide down to 4th on the Validator, but he stays in there.

Have to play with this some more. Brancusi was scratched, right?
socantra is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-23-2004, 05:02 PM   #3
Binder
VDC Messenger

Trifecta "Thatswhati'mtalkingabout

Thanks for the advice
As you know to win with the Sartin advanced programs
all you need to do is follow Doc's directions And I know you have worked hard and studied these steps for many years
After Pha on Derby Saturday Its always a treat to watch how you attack these races
Thanks again for the Exacta last year. And the thrill of watching you nail the trifecta in your top 3 V/DC. Thanks for letting me look over your shouldger

"Thatswhati'mtalkingabout"

Good Skill
and all the best to you Rich
Binder is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-23-2004, 07:48 PM   #4
socantra

ditto

I couldn't agree more Binder. Shanta is the only one I know for sure making a living using the same program I am.

Please keep 'em coming. I've reached the point where I'm a pretty consistent winner, but not to Richie's level yet. I'm going to school on him, and trying to reach that same level.

socantra....
Old 03-23-2004, 08:41 PM   #5
sq764
EIG

I am so close to being 'there' with Val2, but I have not found my KEY track with it.. Some nights Sam Houston brings back many double digit winners. Other nights, it's tough.

Mountaineer is brutal for me with Val2.. Delta is good, Penn is spotty, but good. Just no consistent track for me....yet...
sq764 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-23-2004, 10:11 PM   #6
shanta

Re: hmmmmmm

Quote:
Originally posted by socantra
Interesting approach but I must be missing something.

2002 turns out about like I remember it looking when I handicapped it originally.

2003, I was on the road without the Validator, but using your method, I keep "Ten Most Wanted" in step (5), and don't pick up the winner "Funny Cide" in either of the next two steps. Whittling away normally, I only get Funny Cide down to 4th on the Validator, but he stays in there.

Have to play with this some more. Brancusi was scratched, right?
hi socantra. listen i do not have the derby file for last year. if you have the card and would like to email it to me i would love to look at the race. i do remember doing the race with "BINDER" at the meadowlands about an hour before the race using the exact steps. if i remember correctly we had the winner v/dc 3 and the exacta ,trifecta and superfecta in our 5 contenders. the guidelines i have laid out are docs specific derby instructions and apply to that race only. i also hide any horse that shows up on the early side of the e/l graph for win only. i will find the followup where he lays out the steps and let you know ok?
Old 03-24-2004, 01:08 AM   #7
socantra

derby files

Shanta, I can;t seem to send you a private message or email through the board. so if you'll drop me a PM with your email address in it, I'll send you a zip of the Trackmaster 2003 and 2002 data files

socantra.....
Old 03-24-2004, 09:13 AM   #8
shanta

socantra

i emailed you my address thanx, Richie
Old 03-24-2004, 09:26 AM   #9
shanta

delta

Quote:
Originally posted by sq764
I am so close to being 'there' with Val2, but I have not found my KEY track with it.. Some nights Sam Houston brings back many double digit winners. Other nights, it's tough.

Mountaineer is brutal for me with Val2.. Delta is good, Penn is spotty, but good. Just no consistent track for me....yet...
Scott, delta?????? i have absolutely no clue how to win there! maybe u could shed some light on what u are doing there and teach this old dog some new tricks! lol!
Richie
Old 03-25-2004, 10:37 PM   #10
socantra

Funny Cide

For anyone following this thread, I originally questioned Shanta's posting of Doc's derby rules, and complained that they made me throw out Funny Cide in last year's Derby.

After an exchange of emails, Shanta showed me that I was using the wrong paceline for Funny Cide.

Going on the fact that the line I originally used had the highest speed rating, and was ranked highest by Validator's Paceline Indicator, I failed to notice that it was more heavily loaded to the early side than any race he had run since his debut.

A cautionary tale that even though the machine gives you a definite answer, one must still engage brain.

Thanks Shanta! Hopefully I'll remember the lesson in the future.

socantra....

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: