Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-19-2016, 05:20 PM   #1
AltonKelsey
Veteran

Pakistan Star

http://www.scmp.com/sport/racing/art...gs-cult-heroes

Proving the first race was not a freak, but the horse is, once again puts on a show.

Linda Rice should try to buy him, but I'd think he'd cost a pretty penny at this point.

Last edited by AltonKelsey; 09-19-2016 at 05:22 PM.
AltonKelsey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2016, 05:48 PM   #2
betovernetcapper

The horse can run & I was a little surprised that he was able to win when moving up in class. It's interesting that in each or his races he saved ground till the stretch & then moved well clear of the other horses for his run. He has yet to encounter any traffic problems & if he can duplicate his late run when he has to run through traffic, I'll be a fan. Till then, I'm impressed but have reservations.

My posts & letters & avatars & whatever reflect solely my own world view- Born in 1948 and never an I.C.E. visit
betovernetcapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2016, 07:25 PM   #3
AltonKelsey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by betovernetcapper
The horse can run & I was a little surprised that he was able to win when moving up in class. It's interesting that in each or his races he saved ground till the stretch & then moved well clear of the other horses for his run. He has yet to encounter any traffic problems & if he can duplicate his late run when he has to run through traffic, I'll be a fan. Till then, I'm impressed but have reservations.
I'm not really surprised he repeated, the first out was clearly a display of talent. I think a lot of people were fooled thinking it was against nothing , first time out, yadda yadda. Didn't pay much , so even the doubters must have had some respect.

Traffic trouble would be a problem, but making that wide late move should avoid it most of time.
Old 09-19-2016, 09:40 PM   #4
Nitro

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltonKelsey
I'm not really surprised he repeated, the first out was clearly a display of talent. I think a lot of people were fooled thinking it was against nothing , first time out, yadda yadda. Didn't pay much , so even the doubters must have had some respect.

Traffic trouble would be a problem, but making that wide late move should avoid it most of time.
Hong Kong 9/18 Race#10 - 1400M – 7F - TURF - "C+3" COURSE
Time :...............(13.34).......(35.13)......(59.22) .........(1.21.54)
Sectional Time : 13.34 ..........21.79.........24.09.............22.32

I’m not sure which race you guys were watching, but I don’t believe anyone was fooled about P. Star’s ability. It opened on the board (in a field of 14 decent runners) at 1.9 / 1 and closed at 1.7/1.

I'm also not sure how you evaluate capability, but if you watched the race P. Star broke dead last and remained last for 1000M (5F) with 13 runners in front of him. (Talk about traffic!) Then it made a move only Forego fans could appreciate. Please note the final sectional time! This horse has a real future.

The last 800M ( 4F – 1/2mile)
http://www.hkjc.com/english/racing/f...60918R10_L.jpg

My live selections for this race:
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...=133507&page=3
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2016, 09:53 PM   #5
chenoa

The horse is the talk of Hong Kong. Last quarter 21.44. Looking forward to the next race.
Old 09-19-2016, 10:56 PM   #6
AltonKelsey
Veteran

Seems the all powerful Track Handicapper is equally impressed.

In HK its not always a good thing to be too flashy.

http://www.scmp.com/sport/racing/art...age-his-career
Old 09-20-2016, 12:49 AM   #7
woodbinepmi

On my speed figures he got a 91.8 for the first 1000 metres then a 111 for the final 400 metres for a final figure of 202.8, which is fast enough to win at Class 2. He is visually impressive, reminds me a lot of Dehere. Hopefully they won't weigh him down too much against more seasoned runners.

The maiden in race 2 (30) on Sunday Jing Jing Win also looked good, but the field he caught was a very weak Class 4. His speed figures were 95.6+105.7=201.3 which makes him competitive in Class 3.
Old 09-20-2016, 01:57 PM   #8
betovernetcapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro
I'm also not sure how you evaluate capability, but if you watched the race P. Star broke dead last and remained last for 1000M (5F) with 13 runners in front of him. (Talk about traffic!)
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...=133507&page=3
By traffic I'm talking about being stuck behind horse & moving through a small space. The way he has run each of his races was visually & figuratively impressive, but he has had very clean (almost antiseptically clean) trips. I'm impressed but retain reservations.

My posts & letters & avatars & whatever reflect solely my own world view- Born in 1948 and never an I.C.E. visit
Old 09-20-2016, 03:50 PM   #9
AltonKelsey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by betovernetcapper
By traffic I'm talking about being stuck behind horse & moving through a small space. The way he has run each of his races was visually & figuratively impressive, but he has had very clean (almost antiseptically clean) trips. I'm impressed but retain reservations.
Deep closing sprinters frequently get trips like that .

To encounter traffic, the rider would have to be pinned, or elect to go inside at some point.
Old 09-20-2016, 04:29 PM   #10
betovernetcapper

He's bred & being pointed towards 2000+ meter races, so at some point he's going to eyeball other horses. Just watched a replay & noted his hood, which even covers his ears, indicating to me at least that he might have some problems running close to other horses. Good horse, just expressing my reservations.
He may wind up another Silent Witness, just not quite there yet for me.

Old 09-20-2016, 06:27 PM   #11
AltonKelsey
Veteran

Yes, the hood and the bad starts, this one has some idiosyncrasies .
Old 09-20-2016, 09:31 PM   #12
Nitro

Quote:
Yes, the hood and the bad starts, this one has some idiosyncrasies .
This one is in good hands and in spite of any current peculiarities the fact is this one can run.
Apparently its connections know how deal with these minor issues and as this horse matures these things will probably vaporize. Then we may really see something special.

BTW Alton thanks for creating a thread that creates some awareness for the racing in HK.
Old 09-21-2016, 06:35 PM   #13
AltonKelsey
Veteran

I've been impressed with Hong Kong racing for some time. The time diff is an issue, but the racing itself and the information provided (almost too much really) is top notch.

I don't know how anyone can do a card over there and pretend to look at all the data, watch the workout vids, etc. The syndicates must have staff that split the workload, but a lone player would almost have to focus on certain races.

Of course they only race twice a week, so you have a few days to work on a card. Can you imagine spending three days handicapping Belmont?
Old 09-21-2016, 09:03 PM   #14
tanner12oz

Did a feature on this horse yesterday on tvg
tanner12oz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2016, 11:46 PM   #15
Nitro

Cool

Quote:
I've been impressed with Hong Kong racing for some time. The time diff is an issue, but the racing itself and the information provided (almost too much really) is top notch.

I don't know how anyone can do a card over there and pretend to look at all the data, watch the workout vids, etc. The syndicates must have staff that split the workload, but a lone player would almost have to focus on certain races.

Of course they only race twice a week, so you have a few days to work on a card. Can you imagine spending three days handicapping Belmont?
Well Alton I assume that you’ve spent time on the PA forums. If there’s anything that seems to be mentioned on a regular basis it’s about wanting better “information” or the lack thereof when it comes to the local racing.

I agree, the amount of information (and statistics) that the HK Jockey Club produces is incredible. It’s really makes a statement for the transparency and integrity of their game. I’m not sure how anyone could absorb it all, but it actually offers a nice smorgasbord of specific details that some players may or may not find useful for the way they approach the game.

Fortunately, I’ve been able to circumvent the time and energy necessary to assimilate it all by using a specially devised tote analysis in conjunction with the outstanding pre-race individual physicality reports provided by Jenny Chapman. (That’s another obvious flaw lacking with local race programs all over the U.S. Apparently they prefer to show race replays instead of focusing on current condition!)

Because the HKJC also offers 2 pre-race types of morning lines and preliminary odds line, I’m also able to get a bit of a head start when it comes choosing possible early contenders. Of course this can dramatically change once the actual betting begins. However these early selections can prove to be significant, especially when they fall into specific betting patterns later on.
For example, here’s what happened at Happy Valley today (Wed): http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...=133557&page=2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: