Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 03-30-2016, 07:02 PM   #166
Kash$
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Jorge is a Yankees fan. Caton giggling like a schoolgirl while having the honor to interview 'the legend' today on tvg.
Take a look at Defer Heaven 10th on Saturday a horse JN claimed for 16,000. Before claim average beyer mid 70s after claim mid 90's..

Last edited by Kash$; 03-30-2016 at 07:03 PM.
Kash$ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2016, 08:24 PM   #167
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash$
Take a look at Defer Heaven 10th on Saturday a horse JN claimed for 16,000. Before claim average beyer mid 70s after claim mid 90's..
Seems Like most of his transactions move up 20 or 30 Beyer pts overnight, not that racings judges are noticing that, all we get is the schoolgirl giggle for our troubles.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-31-2016, 02:11 AM   #168
KidCruz

Quote:
Seems Like most of his transactions move up 20 or 30 Beyer pts overnight, not that racings judges are noticing that, all we get is the schoolgirl giggle for our troubles.
Something is extra pumped into Defer Heaven. Horse has done more than step up. He's gone from a 10k claimer to arguably the fastest horse on the grounds. It defies logic.
KidCruz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-31-2016, 02:21 AM   #169
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidCruz
Something is extra pumped into Defer Heaven. Horse has done more than step up. He's gone from a 10k claimer to arguably the fastest horse on the grounds. It defies logic.
History has a way of repeating itself with this guy.
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...volution+rocks
Old 03-31-2016, 04:49 AM   #170
lamboguy

i understand that Navarro and Rudy Rod will be getting stalls at Parx before Stronach takes over the place.

the 8% trainers will see their numbers decline to under 5% when that happens.

i wonder what kind of effect the takeover at Parx will have on Delaware and Monmouth.

the direction that this game is going today looks like there will just be a few racing company's in business that will have for the most part the same trainers and owner's on their property's. i don't see what good giving out so many stalls to same owner's and trainers will do for the health of the game. it just doesn't bring enough new people to the game by doing it that way.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-31-2016, 05:02 AM   #171
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
i understand that Navarro and Rudy Rod will be getting stalls at Parx before Stronach takes over the place.

the 8% trainers will see their numbers decline to under 5% when that happens.

i wonder what kind of effect the takeover at Parx will have on Delaware and Monmouth.

the direction that this game is going today looks like there will just be a few racing company's in business that will have for the most part the same trainers and owner's on their property's. i don't see what good giving out so many stalls to same owner's and trainers will do for the health of the game. it just doesn't bring enough new people to the game by doing it that way.
The more tracks owned by one person the more likely hard ball will be played with 'signal rates'. Not good for the bettor.
Old 03-31-2016, 05:23 AM   #172
lamboguy

[QUOTE=Stillriledup]The more tracks owned by one person the more likely Xpressbet will take over PA Bet.

as far as signal rates go i have say that you are right. in the year 2000 the rebate for w=p=s at Gulfsteam, Monmouth, Oaklawn and other places was 9%, today they are all around 7% with the same takeout. in Southern California they raised takeout on gimmick bets but didn't raise the rebates.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-31-2016, 06:31 AM   #173
Kash$
Veteran

Trainers defying logic,small fields,game is strictly for owners and trainers,and we worry about takeout.

Lowering takeout doesnt attract new fans.
Kash$ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-01-2016, 12:17 AM   #174
PaceMasterT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash$
Trainers defying logic,small fields,game is strictly for owners and trainers,and we worry about takeout.

Lowering takeout doesnt attract new fans.

The "sport of kings" is slowly moving back to the sport of kings.
PaceMasterT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-13-2016, 05:00 PM   #175
Stillriledup
Veteran

Hat trick for the future hall of famer today at Gulf.
Old 04-13-2016, 05:16 PM   #176
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Hat trick for the future hall of famer today at Gulf.
His 1st race winner was pretty perplexing. PPs looked so bad he was only bet down to 3 to 1 first time Jorge. Of course with these guys the worse the PPs look the better.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-13-2016, 06:57 PM   #177
magwell

From seeing his horses up close here at GP they all make a real good appearance and they run that way, horses he claims look better than ever once he has them, his horses don't get washed out in the paddock and who ever his blacksmith is does a great job...........
Old 05-07-2016, 02:12 PM   #178
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Congrats to Jorge the King for winning a G2 on Derby Day at Churchill with a new acquisition.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2016, 02:12 PM   #179
walter blum

catalina red

I know, strange first post but this guy is a magician.
walter blum is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2016, 02:12 PM   #180
mannyberrios
easygoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Congrats to Jorge the King for winning a G2 on Derby Day at Churchill with a new acquisition.
Horse ran great today
mannyberrios is offline   Reply With Quote Reply