Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-16-2016, 10:40 AM   #31
the little guy

One thing is for sure, if every time someone started a thread about going to Aqueduct, only people that had been there in the last five years were allowed to post, there would be a LOT less posts in the thread ( especially if EMD4ME somehow only posted once in the thread ).
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2016, 12:17 PM   #32
NTamm1215

Aqueduct is great and anyone thinking of going should. Equestris is a great trackside restaurant and the old boxes just outside on the 3rd floor provide some of the best sight lines of any racetrack anywhere. I've only seen Longshots and it is terrific.
NTamm1215 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2016, 12:29 PM   #33
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
UM, AH, EH, You know, Hmmm, it, well, uhh....

Let's start here....Let's play word association.

Man walks up and around you and loudly screams: Bloodclot

Your reaction?
That's literally the funniest I've heard in weeks.

I took a friend to AQU for the first time years ago and she asked what the experience was like. That was the exact thing I said to her. She didn't believe me until the first tough stretch drive and lost photo finish.
Old 03-16-2016, 12:44 PM   #34
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
That's literally the funniest I've heard in weeks.

I took a friend to AQU for the first time years ago and she asked what the experience was like. That was the exact thing I said to her. She didn't believe me until the first tough stretch drive and lost photo finish.
The greatest thing about 'bumble clot' is that the people saying it seem to say it as every other word! It's not like you hear it one time during a long rant it's every other word
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2016, 12:45 PM   #35
Secondbest

On the other hand if a horse is winning by a pole don't forget to yell SOOOUUP!
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2016, 12:46 PM   #36
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

This whole "blood clot" "bumble clot" thing is, from what I can gather, a highly offensive term, is it not?
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2016, 12:53 PM   #37
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
This whole "blood clot" "bumble clot" thing is, from what I can gather, a highly offensive term, is it not?
It is. Maybe something to do with a feminine product that's used during a certain time of the month?
Old 03-16-2016, 01:07 PM   #38
Secondbest

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Bloodclot is a curse word. Never Heard of bumbleclot
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2016, 01:54 PM   #39
bello
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
Whaaaaa? First you go after bello--now Shemp?

That was the funniest post this week.
Hey, I am staying out of this thread. I made a promise to someone. Geez I suddenly have to make a #1....just kidding!!!!!!
bello is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2016, 02:06 PM   #40
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondbest
There's no 'bumble clot' as a word, but if you've been around tracks enough, youll hear all kinds of ways to say it, sometimes it SOUNDS like bumbleclot depending on how the user says it.
Old 03-16-2016, 02:23 PM   #41
GatetoWire

Nice thread....highjacked again by resident idiots of PA

I go to Aqueduct a couple times a year when I am in NY.
It's not Belmont or Saratoga but it isn't that bad.
It is a melting pot of all things NY but I think it has great character and charm.
There are lots of characters from all walks of life but the new HD TV's and the paint job from a couple years back make the place look great.

If you love racing you need to spend some time there just to look at the photos on the wall and soak in what NY is really like. Not just what NY is like in Manhattan.
GatetoWire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2016, 02:31 PM   #42
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

I think Aqueduct is great. It is a racetrack. People expecting it to be the Louvre?
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2016, 02:47 PM   #43
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondbest
Best definition I could find:

"Bumbleclot or Bloodclot is a Jamaican curse word. One of the worst to be called. In the old days before sanitary napkins women used old cloths & rags to absorb the bloodflow. That time of the month is considered nasty and unclean (even today) by many cultures. Often with British English a "th" is pronounced as "T", no "h", so the word cloth = clot. Give it an island accent and it becomes bloodclot. But that guy was probably meaning your an A***hole or f*^&king idiot, mon. That is just their word for cursing at people."

Source- Life Interactions
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2016, 06:52 PM   #44
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215
Aqueduct is great and anyone thinking of going should. Equestris is a great trackside restaurant and the old boxes just outside on the 3rd floor provide some of the best sight lines of any racetrack anywhere. I've only seen Longshots and it is terrific.

Charles Hayword, is that you?

Prior to the dump (racino) being erected, AQU had THE BEST race watching seats that I have ever seen at any racetrack that I have been to.

When the dump was built, Charles Hayword was quoted as saying that when construction is over, the fans will have an awesome viewing area.

Guess what....When the construction was over, the fans HAD the WORST seat in the house( well past the finish line ). Guess what JACKASSES have the best view?

The stupid slot players WHO HAVE ZERO INTEREST in a game that involves work ethic and intelligence.

Yes, if you're gambling on the 1st or 2nd floor of the racino and want a cigarette, you are told to go outside on their "apron". I see these smokers go out, they look at the brown and green circles in front of them and say: What is that?

I literally want to put a BULLET in my head when I see that the spots that I used to watch races in, when I was 7, 17, 27 and 35, now belong to a bunch of slot playing idiots who don't even know what the brown circle is for.

One day, when I was alive for a truck load of money, I trespassed. I wanted to watch the race live, from as close to a spot that I was used to watching it. I walked through some racino offices, then a maze and I eventually found myself in the old 3rd floor grandstand. There is about 20 feet of it left. It's not a public area. It's really condemned. You only go there if you know it exists. There are 6 inches of bird doo doo on every inch of that area, so watch your step. More like, eliminate the shoe you wore to get there. I watched my race live.

I watched in dead silence. Why? Because, you see, that shithole next door, doesn't want any of it's players to know that there is another form of gambling next door. SO, the track announcer and the audio along with him, IS NOT ALLOWED OUT THERE.

All I heard was my own internal voice, the crunch of the bird shit I was stepping on and the hooves from 300 feet away.

So, exactly, WHAT OLD BOXES are you referring to?

There are exactly ZERO boxes available to any one from the public.

Only owners have access to these boxes. Have I sat in them? Yes. When someone did me a favor. But I don't like to be given favors so I gave up on watching a race live since the shithole was built next door.

I love my Aqueduct. I really do. It's where I grew up. I appreciate the charm. I loved Charles Hayward. I stood up for him when I heard crap about the takeout scandal. I truly believe it was NOT his fault (the takeout issue).

I believe he was told to say what he said (about the supposed new "viewing" area) and I don't blame him for sugar coating the "new place" a few years ago.

But I get pissed off when someone claims there is some great viewing area at the BIG A.

WHY? Because they tore down paradise and put up a bunch of video games that are programmed to make you lose all your money quickly.

AND I CAN'T WATCH MY RACE LIVE LIKE I USED TO AND I HATE IT!
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2016, 06:57 PM   #45
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
I think Aqueduct is great. It is a racetrack. People expecting it to be the Louvre?
I do too. I really do as I am a true down to earth guy and I grew up in NYC.

However, in answering the poor OP honestly, I didn't want him to have grand illusions of it being like a SA or Tampa Bay.

It has it's own charm. I worry every day, not kidding, that some a hole will sell out and turn it into a supposed "affordable" housing zone. Why do I worry? Because I LOVE AQU. The racing, the memories and the ambiance.

Finally, I have been reprimanded for this already.......

There are a series of pidgeons and pelicans/sea gulls that call AQU home. It is important that they get fed and I have been known to accidentally drop my bread crumbs on the track apron......I would hate for these generations of birds to have to find a new home.

Last edited by EMD4ME; 03-16-2016 at 07:08 PM.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply