Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 11-26-2020, 04:47 PM   #1
airford1

Del Mar Stewards.

6th today and they choose NOT to take the winner down. What do you think, I di not have any skin in the contest. I personally dont need to hear the explanation for their rulings because they are a new set of rules for each ruling.
airford1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-26-2020, 04:56 PM   #2
ronsmac

I didn't bet the winner but would've been pissed if he came down if I had bet it. The horse was tons the best . If they want to suspend the jockey and fine him heavily i'm ok with that but I hate when bettors get dq'd when the best horse wins.
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-26-2020, 06:02 PM   #3
airford1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsmac View Post
I didn't bet the winner but would've been pissed if he came down if I had bet it. The horse was tons the best . If they want to suspend the jockey and fine him heavily i'm ok with that but I hate when bettors get dq'd when the best horse wins.
OK
Old 11-26-2020, 07:35 PM   #4
GMB@BP

Quote:
They are more likely to be drinking beers with the jocks rather than suspending them.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-26-2020, 07:42 PM   #5
AskinHaskin

The "best horse" isn't even relevant to the discussion.

The end decision was a function of the precise way that the runners finished.

Stewards correctly viewed that #10 did nail the 3 in the end and was not going to get to the top two no matter the incident.

It was doubly important that #8 held fifth position. Had the #8 not topped the #7 at the end of all of that, the winner is DQ'ed without question.

Admittedly it seemed that the long delay was for reasons of simply trying to figure out just where to place the original winner.

It would be expected that the rider will be penalized.
AskinHaskin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-26-2020, 09:49 PM   #6
davew

Quote:
what did you think about the dq in the 1st?
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-26-2020, 09:51 PM   #7
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskinHaskin View Post
The "best horse" isn't even relevant to the discussion.

The end decision was a function of the precise way that the runners finished.

Stewards correctly viewed that #10 did nail the 3 in the end and was not going to get to the top two no matter the incident.

It was doubly important that #8 held fifth position. Had the #8 not topped the #7 at the end of all of that, the winner is DQ'ed without question.

Admittedly it seemed that the long delay was for reasons of simply trying to figure out just where to place the original winner.

It would be expected that the rider will be penalized.
Huh?

The 10 didn’t touch the 3.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-26-2020, 10:01 PM   #8
ronsmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
what did you think about the dq in the 1st?
I would have left it up and suspended Prat.
Old 11-27-2020, 09:23 AM   #9
Boomer

I didn't see race 6 but the call in race 1 was correct. They kept showing the pan shot but the shot from behind showed a significant bump which cost the horse to at least lost second place and possibly first.
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-27-2020, 12:15 PM   #10
airford1

Quote:
I would have left it up and suspended Prat.
So , using the same analogy . The best Horse won regardless of forcing his mount out to a lane that was occupied by another horse and creating situation for ALL is OK.

So being in the wrong place in a race is OK. Just run over them because you have the Best Horse in the Race.

I just disagree in this case.

The first race I had money on the Bug and never considered her getting put up until I watched the Head on. Pure and simple you need to ride a safe ride not like the kids driving California Freeways.

If horses went down, then what?

Our sport has big problems
Old 11-27-2020, 02:52 PM   #11
ronsmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by airford1 View Post
So , using the same analogy . The best Horse won regardless of forcing his mount out to a lane that was occupied by another horse and creating situation for ALL is OK.

So being in the wrong place in a race is OK. Just run over them because you have the Best Horse in the Race.

The first race I had money on the Bug and never considered her getting put up until I watched the Head on. Pure and simple you need to ride a safe ride not like the kids driving California Freeways.

Your original post was asking what people thought about the dq. I told you how i felt. I bet on horses, I don’t own them.
Old 11-27-2020, 03:01 PM   #12
davew

Quote:

the first race was more horse caused than jockey caused
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-27-2020, 04:25 PM   #13
ronsmac

Quote:

I stand corrected. Your original post was about the 6th not the 1st. Either way my opinion is the same about both races.
Old 11-27-2020, 10:21 PM   #14
Parkview_Pirate

Quote:
.... I personally dont need to hear the explanation for their rulings because they are a new set of rules for each ruling.
Ain't that the truth.

A 77-1 shot Listen to Blue got taken down in the 3rd today at Del Mar. It certainly appeared the horse bumped the 4th finisher at the top of the stretch, but I don't see why the 2nd place finisher was also not DQ'ed. Once again the stewards take into account how the bumping affects the finishes (a predictive quality well out of their realm and leading to inconsistencies), and not simply whether or not a horse maintained a straight course.

California, the Land of the Ticky-Tack DQs.

That same bumping takes place in a race at Hong Kong or Australia, there's not even an inquiry (or objection/protest).
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2020, 01:05 PM   #15
Robert Fischer
clean money

in a hypothetical or a simulation, or video game, I'd love to see Secretariat in a 3 mile race, 'lap' a field of bottom-tier horses,- just cleanly wire the field unmatched, - and then after crossing the wire, on his second time through the field;

mow down every other horse in the field.

Secretariat would be DQ'd from the win (as he had cost other's placings).

All the win, place, show, multis, exactas, tris, supers, etc... which place so much more significant weight on the winner, would be negated.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: