Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Harness Racing

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:30 PM   #1
LottaKash

"MEAL TICKET", a new "Spot-Play" (test drive-beta)

I have spent most of the "winter season" away from the nags....It isn't my time of year on most days ...My records bear this out year in and year out....So with more time on my hands, I have been reviewing my betting records, and have been doing some homework on a few angles that show good promise, as well as a new "spot play method" that I am putting the finishing touches on, as of right now.....

I call this new method the "MEAL TICKET"....As it shows enough of promise this early on, that if one understands the concept behind it thoroughly enough, and is careful to follow the rules at least to the "spirit" of the method, and maybe not necessarily the "full letter of the laws" plays, one could most likely do very well in the long run using the method...

I really don't want to give away too, too much as of yet, but know this, the whole handicapping premise(s) is based and anchored mainly on the "MONEY BOX", and more importantly the "SUPER MONEY BOX"....Of course the MBX isn't a panacea or an easy way, but only a way of identifying, to start with, live horses that just plain, "Like To Win"...So when you have a good SMBX number to start with, and the handicapping suggests that the rules of the method are mostly adhered to, then you will be betting on very "LIVE" horses....I will try to demonstrate this, as I go along...(haha)...How long, I dunno really, but I will try to be diligent in my ongoing posts, for as long as mine or anyone else's interest may last...

In Nov. 13, I had to drain my betting account in order to take a cruise (a cheap one this year)....I had left only $55 in my ExpressBet acct (and then only $53)...So, yesterday, I decided to begin the BETA, and I started out with $53.00...I didn't want to wait too long to begin posting this, but since I was off to a nice start yesterday, I decided to begin posting the "test drive" today....Of course this a past post, but, whenever I post something it will be the truth, as I am way past Redboarding for vanity's sake....I win on a regular basis regardless so there is no need for vanity here...

This is strictly for FAN Interest, as I enjoy watching others here at PA"s Dark Side of Racing, both win and lose....After 50 some odd years of playing I still love this game and the continual challenge of it all....that's all...That it really the reason for all of this...
========================================

I am starting out making $4.00 plays both to WP and W, and $1 & $2 exotic plays....As the bankroll, hopefully grows, I will up the ante when it right to do so...

Also, I will try to make a running diary on the plays as well, as this is what I generally do anyway when the betting-day is done...

P.S. I will try when there is enough time to post my early considerations early enough in the day ahead of time....But, me I am an up to the minute handicapper on most days, and most times I do not know what I will wager on way ahead of time...When I prescreen the races each day, I usually use post-it notes on my desktop, before the race or the bet even comes up, so sometimes my picks will be in the shortcut version from the posit-it notes....

Day 2 starts with $62.00 in the bank....
Old 02-19-2014, 05:56 PM   #2
mrroyboy

Thank you John
I am thanking you before I even read this. That's how grateful I am to see you writing again. For those of you that are new, John's posts are excellent. Hope he does more.
John if you need help checking results etc you know where to find me.
mrroyboy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2014, 06:20 PM   #3
LottaKash

Thanx Roy, no help needed tho, thx for askin...
Old 02-19-2014, 09:31 PM   #4
Mystic

Looking forward to more
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-20-2014, 01:32 AM   #5
LottaKash

DAY 2 MEAL TICKETS 02 19 14

Learned a few more things doing this BETA tonite...As is it is not a complete "spot-play" yet, learning new "rules" as I go....Still, it is good enough, now, to stand on it's own, but I have thought that many times before this.....HAHA !.
Could've been a much more rewarding nite tho, but I am still sorting things out a bit...
Nothing replaces "solid handicapping", Nothing....So, that being said, I am learning day by day to strike balance a solid looking horse, without a superior money box, with the SMBX horse(s)....
It will get better, I promise...

Old 02-21-2014, 02:21 PM   #6
LottaKash

SUCH IS THE DAY OF A "GRINDER"...
Old 02-23-2014, 01:01 AM   #7
LottaKash

ok..

Old 02-23-2014, 01:02 AM   #8
LottaKash

OK...

Old 02-24-2014, 04:04 AM   #9
LottaKash

Another day that that should have turned out better, as there were other opportunites to consider, and perhaps should have pulled the trigger on....

Old 02-24-2014, 01:59 PM   #10
mrroyboy

Very good John. Keep us posted as to your qualifying rules.
mrroyboy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-25-2014, 12:49 AM   #11
LottaKash

X

Old 02-26-2014, 03:58 AM   #12
LottaKash

X.

Old 02-26-2014, 06:01 PM   #13
LottaKash

So I make 2-Plays and they both should've been kashed, and I lose $4bucks...!

Old 02-26-2014, 11:08 PM   #14
LottaKash

DAY 8 CONTINUES, AND I REALLY MEAN IT...haha..

Old 02-26-2014, 11:23 PM   #15
LottaKash

Last week I bet this horse and he didn't disappoint but he lost the race finishishg with a flourish, sandwiched between the winner and the place horse, so tight too, missing by 1/2L....at 7/1...

So I mark this guy down on my watch list....Now here is where the fun continues for the day/nite?....

I did the card for Miami Valley (new track), and found Buddy Lou was in tonite, and I couldn't wait for the race to come up....Only thing, I was so busy doing Pompano, and Dover as well as screening tom'w's races, I "PLUMB FORGOT" about Miami....
Granted the card at Miami was nothing near to my liking, so I didn't spend much continuous time there.....Senior moment ?....hahah ! I just plain forgot...yeesh.

And, here is the outcome...Oh chit !....

What a silly day....I am not discouraged tho, as I know these days occur from
time to time....They always do...

There is more, and my handicapping is quite sound, so the future will take this thread and the bankroll higher...I am sure of this...haha!...As long as the races keep rolling along, it will be so... "BUT WHEN DAMMIT"..

Still, it could've been a much nicer outcome today....Up $2 bucks tho...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: