Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-12-2021, 11:23 AM   #16
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
no it just informed me what was ahead with the ex radio sports announcer
Funny, you never felt the same way about the ex-KKK guy sitting as a Senator from the DEMOCRATIC PARTY for decades.

So it's weird you would try and DENIGRATE by smugly pointing out "EX-RADIO SPORTS ANNOUNCER"

I'll take ex-radio sports announcer over EX-KKK RACIST any day.

But apparently, you don't agree, which makes you a....

BTW Ladies and Gentlemen, this is exactly why this country is ****ED and has been for a LONG TIME
Old 05-12-2021, 11:29 AM   #17
Greyfox

Venice Beach is the "World's Largest Outdoor Insane Asylum."
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-13-2021, 12:49 PM   #18
Rex Phinney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
The same as the general population.

What is your source for all these statistics?

Not here in Ohio.

You call homelessness a lifestyle?

If you live in Ohio, you basically get no say in the current state of homelessness.

Sorry but you have no clue what it looks like, how grand the problem is, who the people are or what problems ended them up there.

In California we see it EVERY (E V E R Y) time you leave the house, it's everywhere and it's out of control, and getting worse every single minute.

I'll laugh in the face of anyone who thinks homelessness is directly linked to mental illness. I'll laugh twice as hard at anyone who thinks that it's an "affordable housing" crisis.

More and more the homeless are getting younger, they can get by with doing nothing at all so they choose to be homeless. Nobody goes to jail for anything in California anymore so 9 times out of 10 a drug addict or trespasser sees no consequences. If you don't believe me, come visit, with the homeless population here it won't take but 20 minutes for you to figure it out.
Rex Phinney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-13-2021, 12:53 PM   #19
Rex Phinney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
By withholding FEDERAL funding.

The federal government funds just about anything to one degree or another. Take education. There was a big deal some years ago about the influence that the federal government had in schools. Any college or university that received any federal funding had to toe the line with the federal government. Colleges and universities were surprised to find that having just one student receiving aid from a federal source meant that the college was receiving federal funding. So said the courts.

So if just one patient was receiving federal aid (for example, a veteran with PTSD) then the federal government could control the hospital.

Of all the 50 states Oklahoma has the most inmates per capita. I think this is simply because they have room in the prisons. I.e., they have less incentive to parole inmates to reduce overcrowding.

There is still TONS of federal funding that flows for these issues, the state run facilities were shut down and transitioned to private facilities. The government still spends the same money they always did, they just pay it to private facilities instead of state run ones.
Old 05-13-2021, 01:38 PM   #20
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Phinney View Post
If you live in Ohio, you basically get no say in the current state of homelessness.

Sorry but you have no clue what it looks like, how grand the problem is, who the people are or what problems ended them up there.

In California we see it EVERY (E V E R Y) time you leave the house, it's everywhere and it's out of control, and getting worse every single minute.

I'll laugh in the face of anyone who thinks homelessness is directly linked to mental illness. I'll laugh twice as hard at anyone who thinks that it's an "affordable housing" crisis.

More and more the homeless are getting younger, they can get by with doing nothing at all so they choose to be homeless. Nobody goes to jail for anything in California anymore so 9 times out of 10 a drug addict or trespasser sees no consequences. If you don't believe me, come visit, with the homeless population here it won't take but 20 minutes for you to figure it out.
Sadly, this is 100% true.

According to someone I know who actually ran a shelter here in Reno, 95% of homeless are addicts. (Not counting the 5 yr olds, of course).

• We live in a society that is completely off the rails.
  • It is a society that has been shaped by whacko leftist beliefs.
  • Today's youth was taught that there are no winners & losers.
  • Now they find that most are living a LOSER'S LIFE.
  • It is likely here to stay.

>>> Cue the liberal whackos to tell me how I've produced no evidence that it is leftist beliefs.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-13-2021, 01:43 PM   #21
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Ran across this on Twitter this morning.

I think it’s Actor calling in. Stick with it.....good stuff

JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-13-2021, 11:31 PM   #22
Rex Phinney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
Sadly, this is 100% true.

According to someone I know who actually ran a shelter here in Reno, 95% of homeless are addicts. (Not counting the 5 yr olds, of course).

• We live in a society that is completely off the rails.
  • It is a society that has been shaped by whacko leftist beliefs.
  • Today's youth was taught that there are no winners & losers.
  • Now they find that most are living a LOSER'S LIFE.
  • It is likely here to stay.

>>> Cue the liberal whackos to tell me how I've produced no evidence that it is leftist beliefs.

I wonder what exactly would have to happen to reverse the trend? The government clearly thinks the answer is coddling these people and trying to build housing for all of them to sit around and shoot up in. So they will throw money at it that way but they say jails are too expensive to build? So I see no way this gets any better

I'm a 41 year old republican who has lived in California my whole life. I long ago accepted the taxes, the left wing politics, the cost of living, all of that, I'll deal with it.

But this homeless thing, it's bullshit. When you have all the good people of the world paying the bills, working their asses off and then homeless ****s just setting up camp in spaces they truly don't deserve to be, then I'm done. The level of which it has become accepted here is retarded. You go to a nice neighborhood or 5 star hotel and there are homeless people passed out on the sidewalk outside. That doesn't feel like "getting your monies worth" from this state.
Old 05-14-2021, 01:06 AM   #23
chrisl

Quote:
I wonder what exactly would have to happen to reverse the trend? The government clearly thinks the answer is coddling these people and trying to build housing for all of them to sit around and shoot up in. So they will throw money at it that way but they say jails are too expensive to build? So I see no way this gets any better

I'm a 41 year old republican who has lived in California my whole life. I long ago accepted the taxes, the left wing politics, the cost of living, all of that, I'll deal with it.

But this homeless thing, it's bullshit. When you have all the good people of the world paying the bills, working their asses off and then homeless ****s just setting up camp in spaces they truly don't deserve to be, then I'm done. The level of which it has become accepted here is retarded. You go to a nice neighborhood or 5 star hotel and there are homeless people passed out on the sidewalk outside. That doesn't feel like "getting your monies worth" from this state.
It is getting out of hand.
I purchased a place a few years back. About a block from the American river near Sacramento. My house backed up to what they called the delta. No one can purchase or build here they said. House was in very prime area. I can't even take the walkway to he river anymore. Homeless everywhere on the delta. Looking to move. Sad
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2021, 01:38 AM   #24
Rex Phinney

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl View Post
I purchased a place a few years back. About a block from the American river near Sacramento. My house backed up to what they called the delta. No one can purchase or build here they said. House was in very prime area. I can't even take the walkway to he river anymore. Homeless everywhere on the delta. Looking to move. Sad
It’s everywhere too. Seemingly no area/ neighborhood is immune
Old 05-14-2021, 08:42 AM   #25
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Quote:
I wonder what exactly would have to happen to reverse the trend? The government clearly thinks the answer is coddling these people and trying to build housing for all of them to sit around and shoot up in. So they will throw money at it t
Sorry to hear about your situation in the place that you love.

But I'm curious about you statement of ".... build housing for all of them..."

Back in the day, in big cities east of the Rockies they built public housing , everyone called "the orojects." In Philadelphia, where I'm from, they were a series of low-rent high rises.

I'm not aware of any cities west that have done this. Are there projects in LA, Seatle or Portland?
Redboard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2021, 09:44 AM   #26
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl View Post
I know that place!

It truly was beautiful.

So sorry to hear that but a perfect example about how out-of-control California is.

Those who have EARNED there lives are expected to give up EVERYTHING for those who have CHOSEN a lifestyle that provides NOTHING.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2021, 10:17 AM   #27
Rex Phinney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redboard View Post
Sorry to hear about your situation in the place that you love.

But I'm curious about you statement of ".... build housing for all of them..."

Back in the day, in big cities east of the Rockies they built public housing , everyone called "the orojects." In Philadelphia, where I'm from, they were a series of low-rent high rises.

I'm not aware of any cities west that have done this. Are there projects in LA, Seatle or Portland?
Not really projects, the state is buying up motels and apartment complexes and using those to house homeless. I’d call them more like halfway houses or shelters than projects. To my knowledge no one is paying rent of any kind to live there.
Old 05-14-2021, 10:44 AM   #28
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Not really projects, the state is buying up motels and apartment complexes and using those to house homeless. I’d call them more like halfway houses or shelters than projects. To my knowledge no one is paying rent of any kind to live there.
When I was a cop in California they had just started doing this. Around 84 if I remember. The counties were getting state funds to buy private homes starting in a new budget that was coming.

Realtors were buying up homes that fit the criteria and then flipping them to the county when the funds hit. Of course those realtors were connected to county leaders and were paying kick backs. It was widely known which houses were going to become group homes soon. No high rise projects in SoCal....just ruined neighborhoods full of wandering lost souls. I lived it
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2021, 10:48 AM   #29
ronsmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
https://nypost.com/2021/05/10/califo...ss-encampment/

I first visited Venice Beach in the early 80’s

No place like it until now
I went there 6 or 7 times between 1988 and 1989. So much fun. I once saw Dennis Rodman and one of the actors from Revenge of the Nerds just strolling down the boardwalk. That struck me as odd.
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2021, 11:06 AM   #30
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Funny, you never felt the same way about the ex-KKK guy sitting as a Senator from the DEMOCRATIC PARTY for decades.

So it's weird you would try and DENIGRATE by smugly pointing out "EX-RADIO SPORTS ANNOUNCER"

I'll take ex-radio sports announcer over EX-KKK RACIST any day.

But apparently, you don't agree, which makes you a....

BTW Ladies and Gentlemen, this is exactly why this country is ****ED and has been for a LONG TIME
ridiculous