Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 07-22-2015, 08:30 PM   #61
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by badcompany
How about a cogent argument for why a situation like that needed to escalate to that extent. The cop is one with the authority. He's supposed to control things not go off on someone who was clearly not a threat.

BTW, how's Silver doing? You're very confident for a guy who's always wrong.
You're a funny guy BC, you always make me laugh.......BTW, when you post something even remotely worth debating, THEN we'll have a cogent argument......Take a taxi from now on, cheapskate...

Last edited by ReplayRandall; 07-22-2015 at 08:38 PM.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2015, 08:35 PM   #62
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank
And I can't fathom how you can't comprehend that all this drama occurred AFTER she produced her DL IS and REG and the cop ran her plates and DL# and she was clean.THEN she lights a cigarette and the cop orders her to put it out and you think the cop is "just doing his job".Astonishing.

You get Astonished easy, Hank. Imagine if you ever saw BigFoot.......you'd immediately drop dead. Your death certificate would say Cause Of Death: "MASSIVE ASTONISHMENT"
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2015, 08:52 PM   #63
badcompany

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
You get Astonished easy, Hank. Imagine if you ever saw BigFoot.......you'd immediately drop dead. Your death certificate would say Cause Of Death: "MASSIVE ASTONISHMENT"

For weeks, here, I defended the cop in the Michael Brown case.

In this case, the cop was out of line. He's obviously a little man with a Napoleon complex.

― Thomas Sowell
badcompany is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2015, 09:39 PM   #64
Inner Dirt

The cop and Sandra were both in the wrong, he exacerbated the situation, so did she, neither one was an example of how a grown adult should act.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2015, 10:03 PM   #65
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt
The cop and Sandra were both in the wrong, he exacerbated the situation, so did she, neither one was an example of how a grown adult should act.

What does any of this have to do with her being found dead in a cell at the county lock-up days later? Keep in mind, had she--like Mike Brown, Eric Garner, Freddy Gray, on and on....had merely complied with simple police commands-- would either still be alive or never have been locked up in the first place.
Old 07-22-2015, 10:11 PM   #66
ronsmac

One of my good friends is a retired Baltimore City cop, and he even says they're are a lot of bad cops in Baltimore. The job is too stressful for a lot of these guys and many just aren't mentally and psychologically able to handle the job.
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2015, 10:19 PM   #67
Clocker

Quote:
What does any of this have to do with her being found dead in a cell at the county lock-up days later?
Absolutely nothing, but we can't let the facts interfere with The Narrative. The Narrative is that a white cop acted like a jerk and a black victim is dead. And therefore this country has a lot to answer for. End of story.
Old 07-22-2015, 10:30 PM   #68
ronsmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin
Putting out the cigarette was a very reasonable request, just asked my neighbor cop who told me the risk of that cigarette being jammed into an officer's eye, or having his skin burnt are real, and he ALWAYS tells some one he comes into contact with to put it out.
You're cop friend has some pretty slow reflexes. lol. Then again I shouldn't be so hard on him. I was very athletic and played a lot of sports so getting poked in the eye with a cigarette by a woman in a car couldn't and wouldn't happen to me. I know I can't compare my athletic prowess to others who weren't as gifted as myself.
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2015, 03:08 AM   #69
hcap

Too many questions.....

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/23/op...case.html?_r=0

From the NYT.
Questions About the Sandra Bland Case

1. On the video released by the Texas Department of Public Safety of Bland’s traffic stop, the arresting officer, Brian Encinia, tells her that the reason for her stop is that she “failed to signal a lane change.” The officer returns to his car, then approaches Bland’s vehicle a second time. He remarks to Bland, “You seem very irritated.” Bland responds, “I am. I really am.” She continues, “I was getting out of your way. You were speeding up, tailing me, so I move over, and you stop me. So, yeah, I am a little bit irritated.”

Was Bland simply trying to move out of the way of a police vehicle?

The video shows the officer’s car accelerating behind Bland’s and passing a sign indicating a speed limit of 20 miles per hour. How fast was the officer closing the distance on Bland before she changed lanes? Was it completely reasonable for her to attempt to move out of his way?
Old 07-23-2015, 03:14 AM   #70
hcap

Another obvious concern about the cop using force......

4. According to Encinia’s affidavit, at some point after being handcuffed, “Bland began swinging her elbows at me and then kicked my right leg in the shin.” On the dashcam video, a commotion happens out of view of the camera, with Bland complaining that she is being hurt — “You’re about to break my wrist!” and “You knocked my head in the ground; I got epilepsy!” Encinia and another officer insist that Bland stop moving. Encinia can be heard to say, “You are yanking around! When you pull away from me, you are resisting arrest!” (Neither the dashcam video nor a video taken by a bystander shows a discernible kick.)

When Encinia re-enters the frame of the dashcam, he explains to a female officer: “She started yanking away, then kicked me, so I took her straight to the ground.” The female officer points to Encinia’s leg as she says: “Yeah, and there you got it right there.”

Encinia says, “One thing for sure, it’s on video.” Only, it isn’t. Why exactly was Bland walked out of the frame of view of the dashcam for the arrest procedure?
Old 07-23-2015, 03:31 AM   #71
hcap

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...deos-maps.html

Assessing the Legality of Sandra Bland’s Arrest

The minutes right after she pulls over after "not signalling" and casts doubts on just how alert and together the cop was. IMO he could have defused the anger of the situation from this point on.

http://int.nyt.com.s3.amazonaws.com/..._Clip1-640.mp4

More at the link

Last edited by hcap; 07-23-2015 at 03:33 AM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2015, 03:47 AM   #72
hcap

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-pol...-black-america

"She was taken to jail, arraigned, given a $5,000 bond, which she made arrangements with her older sister to pay, and set for release on Monday morning. Instead, she was found dead of an alleged suicide, having supposedly hanged herself with a plastic bag.

I do not believe that Sandra Bland hanged herself just a few hours before her sister was set to come and pay the $500 bail it would have taken to get her out of jail. I do not believe Sandra Bland hanged herself two days before taking her dream job at her alma mater. I do not believe Sandra Bland hanged herself."
Old 07-23-2015, 03:48 AM   #73
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

So none of this lead to her death....you just want to prove your miniscule irrelevant point that the cop was an asshole. YEAH SOMETIMES COPS ARE ASSHOLES. We assess the situation, deal with it, and go home in one piece. At least normal, functioning, mature adults do. Sandra Bland was not one of these.
Old 07-23-2015, 03:59 AM   #74
hcap

Quote:
So none of this lead to her death....you just want to prove your miniscule irrelevant point that the cop was an asshole. YEAH SOMETIMES COPS ARE ASSHOLES. We assess the situation, deal with it, and go home in one piece. At least normal, functioning, mature adults do. Sandra Bland was not one of these.
What is miniscule is the right's feeble judgement that some sort of "justice" was done when the county and employees blew it.

If she told her jailers she had tried to commit suicide before, it was up to the county to make sure no materials were available to her in her jail cell that might help her kill herself. Why did they leave a easily accessible trash bag in the cell?

As I just posted.

"I do not believe that Sandra Bland hanged herself just a few hours before her sister was set to come and pay the $500 bail it would have taken to get her out of jail. I do not believe Sandra Bland hanged herself two days before taking her dream job at her alma mater. I do not believe Sandra Bland hanged herself."
Old 07-23-2015, 05:12 AM   #75
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap

"I do not believe that Sandra Bland hanged herself just a few hours before her sister was set to come and pay the $500 bail it would have taken to get her out of jail. I do not believe Sandra Bland hanged herself two days before taking her dream job at her alma mater. I do not believe Sandra Bland hanged herself."
Well I do. What's the reasoning for anyone killing her. No one in the jail had anything to do with her arrest. You're suggesting there was a conspiracy to kill this nobody black woman over her bad behavior during a traffic stop?
You'll see when the process plays out you'll be proven wrong.
Marshall Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote Reply