Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Harness Racing

Old 12-02-2013, 12:19 AM   #16
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Fan
Just watched the replay. When the gate was rolling in the turn, the 8-3 was paying $646 while the 3-8 was paying $417. Obviously the 8-3 ended up paying $85, and the 3-8 would have paid $81 or $82. All of the other exactas with the 8 on top would have paid over $250.

Based on this, and the way the race began, I subscribe to the open window theory more than the fix theory. Must have been something like a $250 exacta box that was played late. We've seen this before. It shouldn't be that difficult to track down where and when it was played. But we'll never know if they even look at it. And if they don't even suggest that they are looking at it, this stuff will probably continue.

https://classic.ebetusa.com/probable...013112907.html
The alarming thing about this is that this horse basically cleared before the first turn, you rarely see that from a post 8 horse....what happened to the other drivers? If this horse was "lone speed" how did he ever go off 33-1?
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-02-2013, 10:46 AM   #17
CHeCK EyE

But if the tickets were accepted after the race went off, isn't it Yonkers you'd want to call?? Once the bell rings their pools should accept no more bets, period.
CHeCK EyE is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-02-2013, 04:36 PM   #18
wiffleball whizz
Dead money

This isn't race fixing.......

Lambo guys red mile comment was mentioned In a few other forums......none as good as this one though
Old 12-02-2013, 05:10 PM   #19
Pacingguy

Interesting to Note

That these two horses involved in the exacta both won their last races albeit in lower classes. That being said, I have to think something is rotten in Paris; not the race itself but something in tote world.

For the record, I made an inquiry with YR. I don't expect to hear anything about it. Perhaps if someone raised this question with the NYGC, they may get an answer.

What is really sad about this is do you hear about this in any media? Not a peep. If something like this happened at Hollywood Park, it would be all over the place. This is how irrelevant harness racing has become.
Pacingguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-02-2013, 05:44 PM   #20
lamboguy

Quote:
Just watched the replay. When the gate was rolling in the turn, the 8-3 was paying $646 while the 3-8 was paying $417. Obviously the 8-3 ended up paying $85, and the 3-8 would have paid $81 or $82. All of the other exactas with the 8 on top would have paid over $250.

Based on this, and the way the race began, I subscribe to the open window theory more than the fix theory. Must have been something like a $250 exacta box that was played late. We've seen this before. It shouldn't be that difficult to track down where and when it was played. But we'll never know if they even look at it. And if they don't even suggest that they are looking at it, this stuff will probably continue.

https://classic.ebetusa.com/probable...013112907.html
you can take it to the bank that its coming out of Lexington, Kentucky. but that is not such a big deal to figure out, if i knew where the spot was for flat racing would be another story. i just have my guess's on that one but not one speck of evidence.

by the way, no one said this game is easy, there are plenty of obstacles to climb over other than the takeout.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-02-2013, 07:22 PM   #21
Just a Fan

this article seemed timely and relevant!

http://xwebapp.ustrotting.com/absolu...6907&zoneid=29

Possibly the hardest tote integrity problem to cure is the one that doesn’t involve a tote problem. If the general perception among the wagering public is that something is amiss, that appearance of impropriety is enough to send bettors heading for another opportunity. The best example is the persistent fluctuation of tote board odds after a race begins. The industry repeatedly explains that these are simply delayed displays of wagering activity occurring before the start of the race. Yet, with every new investigation of a possible past-posting incident, the innocent explanations become less and less plausible in the public’s mind.
Just a Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-02-2013, 09:32 PM   #22
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
this article seemed timely and relevant!

http://xwebapp.ustrotting.com/absolu...6907&zoneid=29

Possibly the hardest tote integrity problem to cure is the one that doesn’t involve a tote problem. If the general perception among the wagering public is that something is amiss, that appearance of impropriety is enough to send bettors heading for another opportunity. The best example is the persistent fluctuation of tote board odds after a race begins. The industry repeatedly explains that these are simply delayed displays of wagering activity occurring before the start of the race. Yet, with every new investigation of a possible past-posting incident, the innocent explanations become less and less plausible in the public’s mind.
This is because most of us know how hard it is to win and how these "late bettors" are making it look like the easiest game on earth.

So, you either believe the game is crooked OR you believe that someone out there is some kind of horse whisperer who knows the results in advance.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-02-2013, 10:55 PM   #23
Sea Biscuit

I just can't understand what the fuss is all about.

At Woodbine (Harness) Jan 28 Race 9 a 17-1 finished on top of a 12-1 and the exacta paid $94.

4-Marabou 35.70 12.80 9.40 18946

9-Six Bax 9.10 6.40 6015

7-Quit Smoking Now 6.60 3489

$2 EXACTOR (4-9) paid 94.10, pool 27773

$2 TRIACTOR (4-9-7) paid 3623.00, pool 21042

$1 PICK 3 (3-6-4) paid 1114.40, pool 5518

$.20 SF 4 9 7 2 3408.72 13874

Sea Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2013, 12:24 AM   #24
badcompany

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconswitchfarm
Open window and red mile might be to blame ?

The winning driver was thrown out previously for race fixing. The second place driver has been thrown out of multiple jurisdictions. The winning horse is trained by Lou pena who just is trying to get back in from being thrown out. You invite a table full of thieves to dinner and are stunned when your silverware goes missing. Stop giving these people their license back over and over again.
I'm starting to think that these guys are seeing that the Racino gravy train is coming to the end and are trying to grab as much as they can before the bottom falls out.

I posted a race like this a while ago, but this one is even worse.

As far as the big fuss, it's about an exacta that should've paid $500-700 that only paid $85.

― Thomas Sowell
badcompany is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2013, 01:24 AM   #25
baconswitchfarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Biscuit
I just can't understand what the fuss is all about.

At Woodbine (Harness) Jan 28 Race 9 a 17-1 finished on top of a 12-1 and the exacta paid $94.

4-Marabou 35.70 12.80 9.40 18946

9-Six Bax 9.10 6.40 6015

7-Quit Smoking Now 6.60 3489

$2 EXACTOR (4-9) paid 94.10, pool 27773

$2 TRIACTOR (4-9-7) paid 3623.00, pool 21042

$1 PICK 3 (3-6-4) paid 1114.40, pool 5518

$.20 SF 4 9 7 2 3408.72 13874

I hit a tri today at Monticello that should have paid 800, paid 400. Hit an exacta at meadows that should have paid 180, paid 130. Northfield exacta that should have paid 85 and paid 50. If I quit betting every time I saw a bad payoff I would have to change careers. Days like today they are a little short. Other times , very short. Someone should start a thread where you list numbers you think come back light. It will set a record for all time most posts. I can't boycott every time this happens or I would drive myself crazy. It paid terrible. They can look at the timestamp and see if it was bet before or after betting closed. When it gets to a point I feel I can not overcome the underpayments. I will move on.
baconswitchfarm is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2013, 07:26 AM   #26
Phantombridgejumpe

And you act like you have never received more than

you should have.

I hit an exacta at Harrah's a few weeks back that should have paid $16-$18 and I got $36. Those never get a mention.
Phantombridgejumpe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2013, 08:24 AM   #27
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantombridgejumpe
you should have.

I hit an exacta at Harrah's a few weeks back that should have paid $16-$18 and I got $36. Those never get a mention.
that is an excellent point. i wish i was good at handicapping harness, but for guys that are and know the types of horses that the Red Mile guys play, you can do very well betting against them.

the only thing that you can't do is predict the favorite that is going to break behind the gate. the boys at the Red Mile live for the favorite that makes a miscue before the bell.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2013, 09:00 AM   #28
badcompany

The excuse making for this disgrace is pathetic. It sounds like a case of Stockholm Syndrome.

There's a wide gulf between an exacta that pays $10-15 dollars more than it should and one that pays 100s of dollars less than it should, especially with a winner from the 8 post. The former could be as a result of a bad favorite; the latter, the bettor had to know how the race would line up. It was a line up number, wasn't it?

This is the problem with no one at the track. Back in the day, when Yonkers drew 1000s to the live product, the crowd would've rioted over something like this.

Btw, the betting public seems to agree with me as evidenced by Yonkers' pathetic handle.

― Thomas Sowell
Old 12-03-2013, 10:00 AM   #29
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantombridgejumpe
you should have.

They don't get mentioned because they are outnumbered 20/1 by the ones that pay half of what they should.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:42 AM   #30
badcompany

If you showed me this chart with all the prices, except that the exacta is blacked out and then asked me how much the exacta paid, my answer is $600.

― Thomas Sowell