Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-26-2015, 12:12 PM   #1
Teach

Aqueduct: Sunday, April 26

Race One:

Patricia Generazio trains. Junior Alvarado rides. Disco Partner is my choice. This Citidancer-bred roan was severely bumped at the start of his last. How badly? You ask. The colt briefly went to his knees (he almost unseated jockey Junior Alvarado). Yet, this Disco Rico-bred came back strong along the rail in the stretch and finished a game second to a runaway longshot winner. A note of caution. A note of approval. This 3-year-old has been away from the races for almost four months; yet, having said that, his string of morning works are very good. Anything resembling a cleaner trip in today’s short-field race puts this colt in the winner’s circle.
Others: Possessed; Organic Gemini; Clockwork

Race Two:

Hannibal Lecter gets my tepid, lukewarm nod in this bottom claimer. (If you’re playing the early Pick-5, consider this a race you might want to use several horses). This Harlan’s Holiday-bred gelding has a few redeeming qualities. That’s more than I can say for some of the others. Well, what does this gelding have going for him? For one, the services of trainer John Toscano, Jr. Toscano does an excellent job, albeit with a small sampling, with horses dropping two classes. He also does reasonably good job with horses making their second start off a layoff. The gelding has faced much better. Yet, he did finish last in 50k claiming company on April 8. I will say this, the gelding does have early-speed potential and if he can get out of the gate… Oh, I should also mention that although capable, the gelding’s jockey, Ruben Silvera, has a low winning percentage; frankly, he hasn’t done particularly well in sprint races.

Others: Star of New York; Hold Everything; Port Conway

Race Three:

In this 100k non-graded Belle Dame Stakes it’s hard to bet against success. The filly that stands out like the proverbial “sore thumb” is Paulassilverlining. Since breaking her maiden at “The Spa” last summer this Ghostzapper-bred has been entered in either graded or non-graded stakes and, I might add, has acquitted herself very well. This Awesome Again-bred has the services of an excellent, established trainer, Michelle Nevin. This 3-year-old distaffer has been off for a couple months, but her morning work-tab indicates readiness. Jose Ortiz is in the irons. I guess my only concern is the more than 2-month layoff and the fact that this filly would much prefer a wet racing surface. Yet, if she fires as she is capable of firing, she should defeat this field.

Others: Irish Jasper; Lindisfarne; Perchance

Race Four:

Here we go again with the saga of trainer David Donk and turf races. Yesterday, you may remember he conditioned a turf winner, Hiddenite. Can Donk do it again with the Aussie Prayer? This 3-year-old Red Ransom-bred has had two lifetime races, one was on the lawn. In that one, her initial start, the filly finished second in a 7-furlong sprint on a yielding surface. In her next effort, she finished third in a race that was taken off the turf. As cited, trainer Donk does well with both turf starts and horses that have been away from the races. Jose Ortiz gets the call.

Others: Courageisamajority; Wild inthe Streets; Sauvignon

Race Five:

Sanctify was scratched out of yesterday’s race. This 4-year-old Bill Mott trainee switches from the turf to the dirt. I’ve personally like that angle. I look for it as an important consideration in my handicapping. This Pulpit-bred has been away from the races for more than six months, but trainer Mott does a very good job with horses that have been “on the bench”. The colt’s morning work-tab has been adequate; he should appreciate the turn-back. Manny Franco reprises the ride.

Others: Lulu Rocks; Leroy Jr.; Mighty Zealous

Race Six:

Dreaming as Always is my pick in this maiden-special turf route. This 4-year-old Broken Vow-bred filly just missed in her last turf race last fall at Belmont. The Unbridled-bred filly was the second choice in that one; she should receive a good deal of attention today. Trainer Christophe Clement does a very good job with turf starts, maiden-specials and horses that have been away from the track for prolonged periods of time. Rajiv Maragh gets the call.

Others: Ginned Up; Americasprincess; Kitty Kat

Race Seven:

First Down is my pick in this non-winners of two allowance sprint. After breaking his maiden at first asking, this 3-year-old Street Sense-bred colt was ambitiously entered in two graded stakes, the Grade II Nashua and the Grade II Holy Bull. He finished fourth in one, a distant seventh in the other. The colt now meets a group he should be able to handle. A note of caution: the colt has been away from the races for more than three months; yet his morning work-tab is good. Tom Albertrani trains, Luis Saez is in the irons.

Others: Madroos; Warrior’s Crown; Energetico

Race Eight:

In this state-bred New York Stallion Stakes, I’m going with The Lewis Dinner. This Posse-bred filly has reeled off three-straight wins; she’s hit the tote in every one of her six lifetime starts. She stretches out a half-panel; that shouldn’t be a problem. Trainer Rudy Rodriguez does well with winners of their last race. A note of caution: Don’t expect much of a return. There’s a strong likelihood that this filly will go off as serious chalk. Also, the filly’s been off for a few months; yet her morning work-tab has been very good. Irad Ortiz, Jr. is in the irons.

Others: Freudie Anne; Dreamboat Annie; Take Issue

Race Nine:

In this claiming sprint, non-winners of three I’m going out on the limb with a longshot, Kiss Cat. I admit my choice is hard to quantify; yet I feel that in this relatively weak field this horse has a chance of surprising. This Storm Cat-bred filly has faced better. This race just might serve as a wake-up call to win out lifetime conditions. Trainer Jim Ferraro does well, albeit with a small sampling, with horses dropping two classes. Inoel Beato, “The Dominican Dandy,” is in the irons.

Others: Little Gidding; Kleptocrat; Why Not Her

Race Ten:

In the finale, a claiming turf route, my pick is , Rope a Dope (“The Rumble in The Jungle”). This Patricia Farro-trained, Broken Vow-bred gelding was checked in her last, a turf route at Gulfstream Park about a month and a half ago. The gelding was claimed out of that one from the Ian Wilkes. The gelding has faced better. The DRF refers to her class drop as “suspicious”. The 4-year-old has won three out of seven tries on the lawn. The gelding does add blinkers. Jose Ortiz is in the irons.

Others: Arc Above; Ziggy the Great; Holy Invader.

Next Stop: Belmont Park.

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-26-2015, 12:30 PM   #2
Alwaysonpoint36
loose on the lead

teach, I hope you continue for Belmont & Saratoga. Always great stuff
Old 04-26-2015, 04:57 PM   #3
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Aqu R8:

Trying with a total bomb in the #7 Majestic Jessica - off the pace runner gets plenty speed to run at and her last figure puts her in the neighborhood of this group...may just be an ordinary claimer, but at this price i'll pay to find out. Major class test today.
Using under many in exotics and a win bet