Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 03-16-2017, 12:36 PM   #16
Valuist

Logically, the Big Ten looked bad this year. We will see how they do today. I remember a few years ago, the B10 looked awful, but somehow, come NCAA time, they showed up. Come to think of it, other than the ACC and Big 12, nobody is real impressive. Pac 12 is just too top heavy, same with Big East and SEC.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-29-2017, 11:15 PM   #17
thaskalos

I am watching tonight's epic match-up between the Warriors and the Spurs...and it feels as if I am watching a pro-wrestling bout.
Old 04-09-2017, 06:34 PM   #18
thaskalos

The NBA champion Cavs took a 26-point lead into the 4th quarter against the Hawks today, in Atlanta. Since math isn't my strong-suit...I am appealing to the mathematicians of this board:

What mathematical probability would you have assigned to the likelihood of Atlanta coming back and winning this game?
Old 04-09-2017, 07:23 PM   #19
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

OMG Russell Westbrook. 50, 16, 10 plus walk off 35 foot three pointer for the one point win. MVP.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2017, 12:55 PM   #20
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
OMG Russell Westbrook. 50, 16, 10 plus walk off 35 foot three pointer for the one point win. MVP.
With 2:30 to go, the Thunder trailed by 10. Westbrook had 37 points and had completed his triple double to break the record. They trailed by 7 with a under minute to go and Denver had the ball. Russ scored the last 13 points in those 2:30, got the rebound that gave them a chance to win the game, then hit the game winner from around Boulder. You had to see it to believe it.

The best part was the crowd. The game was in Denver and when Westbrook hit the shot you'd have thought it was in OKC it was so loud. And the loss eliminated Denver from the playoffs. Russ is the People's Champion.

Last edited by cj; 04-10-2017 at 12:59 PM.
Old 04-10-2017, 05:44 PM   #21
thaskalos

This "MVP" thing makes no sense at all...IMO. They should call it the "Player of the Year"...and be done with it. Since LeBron's return to Cleveland, the Cavs are 4-20 (.167) without him in the lineup...and NBA champions when he is on the floor. Cleveland is 0-5 without LeBron this year. Taking this into consideration...how is Westbrook "more valuable" than LeBron?
Old 04-10-2017, 06:02 PM   #22
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
This "MVP" thing makes no sense at all...IMO. They should call it the "Player of the Year"...and be done with it. Since LeBron's return to Cleveland, the Cavs are 4-20 (.167) without him in the lineup...and NBA champions when he is on the floor. Cleveland is 0-5 without LeBron this year. Taking this into consideration...how is Westbrook "more valuable" than LeBron?
The thing with that is when Lebron rests, usually so do the other stars. I say this as a diehard Thunder fan---Russ is playing with a terrible cast and the second youngest team in the league. Winning 46 games (possibly more) is an incredible feat. I guarantee the Thunder would be 0-whatever if Westbrook missed games. Luckily he hasn't missed any.

I do agree it should be "Player of the Year". That said, it is still Russell this year. His late game exploits have been off the charts good. He has hit a ton of late game, heroic shots. I read yesterday that without his game tying / game winning shots the Thunder would be 34-46 or something like that. I can't imagine anyone since MJ has hit so many huge late shots in the clutch, and I'm not even sure he did it in one season. Russ has been the best player this year in the league.

That said, Thask, we're all anxiously awaiting a comment about PA's line in the Carter thread.

Last edited by cj; 04-10-2017 at 06:04 PM.
Old 04-10-2017, 06:32 PM   #23
thaskalos

Quote:

That said, Thask, we're all anxiously awaiting a comment about PA's line in the Carter thread.
Yeah...I didn't respond because I wanted him to think that I missed that thread.

His selection method looks solid...but his math seems a little off. Maybe Cratos could lend him a hand in that regard...
Old 04-15-2017, 12:30 PM   #24
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
His selection method looks solid...
Not so much after the last two days...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-15-2017, 12:55 PM   #25
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Not so much after the last two days...

50-1 shots allow you a few off days.
Old 04-15-2017, 01:12 PM   #26
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
50-1 shots allow you a few off days.
The 50-1 shot didn't count on the record I'm keeping in the selections forum...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-16-2017, 11:27 PM   #27
thaskalos

Quote:
The thing with that is when Lebron rests, usually so do the other stars. I say this as a diehard Thunder fan---Russ is playing with a terrible cast and the second youngest team in the league. Winning 46 games (possibly more) is an incredible feat. I guarantee the Thunder would be 0-whatever if Westbrook missed games. Luckily he hasn't missed any.

I do agree it should be "Player of the Year". That said, it is still Russell this year. His late game exploits have been off the charts good. He has hit a ton of late game, heroic shots. I read yesterday that without his game tying / game winning shots the Thunder would be 34-46 or something like that. I can't imagine anyone since MJ has hit so many huge late shots in the clutch, and I'm not even sure he did it in one season. Russ has been the best player this year in the league.

Harden is making a pretty-strong case in protest to that.
Old 04-17-2017, 12:34 AM   #28
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Money-line dogs win 3 out of first 8 games, for a profit of +270 net, per $100 bet on all 8 dogs.

Winners

Bulls= +255

Jazz= +205

Bucks= +310
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2017, 12:36 AM   #29
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
Money-line dogs win 3 out of first 8 games, for a profit of +270 net, per $100 bet on all 8 dogs.

Winners

Bulls= +255

Jazz= +205

Bucks= +310
Unfortunately...the bets must be made in advance.
Old 04-17-2017, 12:52 AM   #30
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Unfortunately...the bets must be made in advance.
Winners

Bulls= +255
04/16 12:48pm BOS-310 CHI+255

Jazz= +205
04/15 10:22am LAC-245 UTH+205

Bucks= +310
04/15 5:04pm TOR-380 MIL+310
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply