Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 36 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:58 AM   #586
comet52

Quote:
Originally Posted by turninforhome10
After reading the inputs from many industry professionals, I really am most impressed with Mr Gural at the Meadowlands. Would love to hear the harness guys chime at how they like the product at the Big M and if Mr Gural's policies are working. I really like his policies on stallions. Any thoughts?
http://www.paulickreport.com/news/ra...ghbred-racing/
Wow, a guy in the industry who actually gets it. I didn't think such existed.

The average industry guy when confronted with ugly truths about this game, shrugs his shoulders and says "everybody does it, so what?" Or he makes a speech about how he cares about the animals, blah blah, then goes on about business as usual. Or he rails against the messenger, whether it's PETA or a reporter or blogger or whoever. It doesn't really matter. It's all to deflect from the ugly shit at the heart of horseracing, the ugly shit that is done to these animals every day while everyone in the business gives us their rationale for looking the other way or not giving a damn.
comet52 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-29-2014, 09:28 PM   #587
therussmeister
Out-of-town Jasper

Sadly, the first casualty.

~Alan Watts
therussmeister is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-29-2014, 09:53 PM   #588
nijinski

May not have been the cause as he just lost his Dad too but the tapes
likely didn't help . It's sad either way . My condolences to his the young man's family . RIP
nijinski is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-29-2014, 10:08 PM   #589
Shelby

Oh no. RIP Harry Johnson.
Old 03-29-2014, 10:49 PM   #590
Mystic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijinski
May not have been the cause as he just lost his Dad too but the tapes
likely didn't help . It's sad either way . My condolences to his the young man's family . RIP
Not true. see the correction at the bottom of the article.

** An earlier version of this article incorrectly stated that Harry Hubbard Johnson's father recently died.
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-29-2014, 10:52 PM   #591
Mystic

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussmeister
His suicide may not have had anything to do with the PETA situation. He only worked for Asmussen for last last 3 months.
Old 03-29-2014, 11:21 PM   #592
nijinski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic
Not true. see the correction at the bottom of the article.

** An earlier version of this article incorrectly stated that Harry Hubbard Johnson's father recently died.
OK Mystic , let's just leave it it's another sad day for his fellow employees.
M heart goes out to his family What contributed , we really may never
know.

I see he was a fellow Kesmarc as well ..
Old 03-29-2014, 11:32 PM   #593
Steve 'StatMan'
Traded By Cubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby
Oh no. RIP Harry Johnson.
I felt sad reading the story. Then worse learning his dad recently died. Finally, now, I read your post, and realized he's been getting called "Harry Johnson" all his life. A lifetime with of funny but cruel jokes, and now these recent things.

Sorry to have had a balancing bit of fun about the name at an innapropriate time, Mr. J. & family. Rest In Peace.
Steve 'StatMan' is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2014, 12:24 AM   #594
Shelby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve 'StatMan'
I felt sad reading the story. Then worse learning his dad recently died. Finally, now, I read your post, and realized he's been getting called "Harry Johnson" all his life. A lifetime with of funny but cruel jokes, and now these recent things.

Sorry to have had a balancing bit of fun about the name at an innapropriate time, Mr. J. & family. Rest In Peace.
Oh my. In NO way was I making fun of him. That "joke" never crossed my mind.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:58 PM   #595
Steve 'StatMan'
Traded By Cubs

Oh, dear Shelby, I know you weren't making fun of him. Yes, it wouldn't cross you mind, and for both good and bad, it did cross mine. Sorry if I upset you.

Steve Miller, just like The Band.
Steve 'StatMan' is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-02-2014, 04:31 PM   #596
Mystic

Didn't want to start a thread for this, but feel it goes with all that has been brought to light recently.

Confessions of a Hotwalker

http://confessionsofahotwalker.blogs...hotwalker.html
Old 04-02-2014, 06:24 PM   #597
Mystic

Business as usual..

"Racing takes care of its own. Take that statement however you want, but it comes with as many pitfalls, as it does benefits. Business as usual is an easy thing to fall into. Shake your head, cover your eyes, but then live and let live."

http://www.horseracingnation.com/blo...s_as_Usual_123
Old 04-03-2014, 01:49 PM   #598
BUD

To somewhat breath new life into this debate. PETA has been a thorn in the side of my (Old Canine) unit. Unlike Racing we have cameras EVERYWHERE so PETA' claims feel on dead air when they're vids mean ours. Just so you know PETA' vids were Doctored & narrated for the low informed.

Not to beat a beaten subject ((But I shall)) If it was up to PETA we would lose our Canine unit on the Force-People would not have any domesticated animals--We'd NEVER be able to use animals much less Equine superstars in a game.

NASCAR doesn't match very well to Horse -Racing but even there my acquaintances at the track tell me if ur not being creative-( looking for the advantage-Your NOT trying-

I am not condoning behavior but it is obvious PETA does not and shall never have Horse Racing' future as a viable game at heart--They shall push and lie until the walls come down--

Now we should NEVER lend them a hand--We all should understand PETA long ago put a target on our back and wont stop until their goal is met. The eradication of the game.

Also I have a inside at PETA-Not surprising around The Triple Crown they have a MIGHTY BIG Fundraiser--I could say more but
Old 04-03-2014, 07:10 PM   #599
nijinski

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUD
To somewhat breath new life into this debate. PETA has been a thorn in the side of my (Old Canine) unit. Unlike Racing we have cameras EVERYWHERE so PETA' claims feel on dead air when they're vids mean ours. Just so you know PETA' vids were Doctored & narrated for the low informed.

Not to beat a beaten subject ((But I shall)) If it was up to PETA we would lose our Canine unit on the Force-People would not have any domesticated animals--We'd NEVER be able to use animals much less Equine superstars in a game.

NASCAR doesn't match very well to Horse -Racing but even there my acquaintances at the track tell me if ur not being creative-( looking for the advantage-Your NOT trying-

I am not condoning behavior but it is obvious PETA does not and shall never have Horse Racing' future as a viable game at heart--They shall push and lie until the walls come down--

Now we should NEVER lend them a hand--We all should understand PETA long ago put a target on our back and wont stop until their goal is met. The eradication of the game.

Also I have a inside at PETA-Not surprising around The Triple Crown they have a MIGHTY BIG Fundraiser--I could say more but

Not to mention they would like to eradicate farming and fishing . Newkirk is
scary to say the least .
Old 04-03-2014, 07:59 PM   #600
olddaddy

A month away from derby, 2 big derby preps tomorrow in the nations biggest markets, national coverage for both, if this story doesnt gain legs soon it will be business as usual till this sport buries itself.
olddaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: