Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-16-2008, 08:43 AM   #16
DrugS

Much ado about nothing.

If Rudolph should be suspended for anything - it should be for the fact that he offers almost nothing to the horse player.

As an Italian - being the superior good looking people that we are and all - I believe we are more fair game than any other nationality.
DrugS is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2008, 08:52 AM   #17
Pace Cap'n

My wife and I were watching, but I had left the room. I came back and she said "What is a mob holiday?". All I could come up with was St. Valentine's Day.
Pace Cap'n is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2008, 09:03 AM   #18
AQUEBUCKS
maximan

Ken Rudolf

I believe his comment about NY racing and Palm Sunday were tasteless. I think we all know what he was insinuating. As the gentleman mentioned earlier, if a similar negative comment was made about-Let's say- Martin Luther King, That person would be looking for a new job.

Regarding Ken Rudolf, he must really need his TVG job, as his acting career is going nowhere-as evidenced in his brief role (about a nano-second) in the movie Smokin' Aces

Last edited by AQUEBUCKS; 03-16-2008 at 09:04 AM. Reason: error
AQUEBUCKS is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2008, 09:52 AM   #19
Shenanigans

Oh please, you people are so touchy. Every Italian I ever met liked the idea of being associated with the mob (even if they weren't). His comment was a mere tongue in cheek and probably ment to be taken that way. I am sure if the same thing was said on some comedy show like Saturday Night Live none of you would have taken offense to it.
Shenanigans is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2008, 09:54 AM   #20
DanG
Easy Goer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrugS
Much ado about nothing.
Exactly!
~ George Bernard Shaw
DanG is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2008, 10:21 AM   #21
Grits

When told, it was Palm Sunday, Rudolph looked as though he could have crawled under the desk. While Frank Lyons, the Irish-Catholic, sitting next to him was probably the bearer of Rudolph's enlightenment.

So much for Rudolph's working knowledge of Christianity. I would imagine he wished, terribly, he'd kept his mouth shut.

Cute can often prove unfortunate. One simply considers the source now and then.....and turns the page.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2008, 10:50 AM   #22
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG
Exactly!
I forgot it is OK to offend Catholics in the US. I won't let it happen again.

Last edited by cj; 03-16-2008 at 10:54 AM.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2008, 10:53 AM   #23
shanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pace Cap'n
My wife and I were watching, but I had left the room. I came back and she said "What is a mob holiday?". All I could come up with was St. Valentine's Day.
shanta is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2008, 11:00 AM   #24
DanG
Easy Goer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
I forgot it is OK to bash Catholics in the US. I won't let it happen again.
Huh?

You’re WAY off base.

My point is I’m sick and tired of the foaming at the mouth over every single “off-color” remark. ENOUGH ALREADY!

This isn’t yelling “Bomb” on an airplane for goodness sakes. People have become conveniently selective at what their sensitive to, and obviously you’re on that list.

I’m 50% Cherokee and somehow I’ve survived all the bullshit thrown at my heritage. Maybe the next time people “Tomahawk Chop” I should flip out and seek a lawyer.

As Drugs said…MUCH to do about NOTHING!
~ George Bernard Shaw
Old 03-16-2008, 11:07 AM   #25
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG
Huh?

You’re WAY off base.

My point is I’m sick and tired of the foaming at the mouth over every single “off-color” remark. ENOUGH ALREADY!

This isn’t yelling “Bomb” on an airplane for goodness sakes. People have become conveniently selective at what their sensitive to, and obviously you’re on that list.

I’m 50% Cherokee and somehow I’ve survived all the bullshit thrown at my heritage. Maybe the next time people “Tomahawk Chop” I should flip out and seek a lawyer.

As Drugs said…MUCH to do about NOTHING!
Well, for one, I never said he should be suspended. I am glad, however, that you seem to think you can know so much about me and others through internet postings.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:18 AM   #26
rrbauer
Both-hands Bettor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeDee
Since I am both Italian and Catholic, Rudolphs' comment didn't bother me.

I find the comments made in this thread both asinine and offensive and it should be removed from the board or at least put in off topic so I can ignore it with all the crap by using the "new post ignore off topic" button

AMEN! If Rudolph insulted you, that's your problem.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:26 AM   #27
DanG
Easy Goer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Well, for one, I never said he should be suspended. I am glad, however, that you seem to think you can know so much about me and others through internet postings.
I know as much about yourself as you know about me…yet…you sling that “It’s OK to offend Catholics” nonsense my way.

I do know this however…

Bye-Bye off-topic…Nice knowing ya!
~ George Bernard Shaw
Old 03-16-2008, 11:26 AM   #28
Storm Cadet

Whose offended? My buddies still work Sunday, although there is No garbage pick up
Storm Cadet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2008, 11:49 AM   #29
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrbauer
AMEN! If Rudolph insulted you, that's your problem.
Why would it be my problem? Do people turn on TVG to hear their religion slighted? Is that supposed to be entertaining? I thought that was what SNL was for, not TVG.
Old 03-16-2008, 12:21 PM   #30
magwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrugS
Much ado about nothing.

If Rudolph should be suspended for anything - it should be for the fact that he offers almost nothing to the horse player.

As an Italian - being the superior good looking people that we are and all - I believe we are more fair game than any other nationality.
He wont go he is TVGs "TOKEN" but i probly will be suspended for saying THAT.....