Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-12-2021, 06:21 AM   #1
tbwinner

where's my $2,000 check?

Once again the American public gets DUPED by politicians

They (we all) were promised $2,000 checks voting in Biden and the Dems!

Where is it?

Why stop at 2,000? Keep the gravy train and votes coming! Maybe they'll string everyone along and at mid-terms say we want to do 5,000! Just need more time! What about in 4 years when they wheel out Joe, He needs 4 more years, and we'll have a $10,000 check to you!

You know I've had enough when all I see are the fanboys and fangirls of ANY POLITICIAN --- these people are PAID to serve, somehow come up MULTI-MILLIONAIRES on a reasonable DC salary... And they continue to tell you what you want to hear. And time and time again, they fail to deliver.

Someone enlighten me.
tbwinner is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-12-2021, 08:11 AM   #2
davew

you misinterpreted what they said
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-12-2021, 10:24 AM   #3
JustRalph
Just another Facist

PREVARICATION!

a new word I learned recently
Old 02-12-2021, 11:31 AM   #4
FakeNameChanged

It's on the installment plan. $600 now, then break up the other 1400 into monthly installments starting in . . . .
The Treasury dept sent me a form about two months ago, saying that they paid me $41.42 in interest through some bureacratic oversight, and I have to now claim that on my taxes for last year. No check was included. They didn't say it was for an error on taxes, or where or when it was paid. No phone number to find out why.
Old 02-12-2021, 11:35 AM   #5
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeNameChanged View Post
It's on the installment plan. $600 now, then break up the other 1400 into monthly installments starting in . . . .
The Treasury dept sent me a form about two months ago, saying that they paid me $41.42 in interest through some bureacratic oversight, and I have to now claim that on my taxes for last year. No check was included. They didn't say it was for an error on taxes, or where or when it was paid. No phone number to find out why.
Thank you for posting this. I received the same thing. WTF does it mean? The only thing I can come up with is that somehow the IRS is linking interest to the first round of stimulus. Does anyone have solid info about what this is?
Old 02-12-2021, 11:37 AM   #6
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfin66 View Post
Thank you for posting this. I received the same thing. WTF does it mean? The only thing I can come up with is that somehow the IRS is linking interest to the first round of stimulus. Does anyone have solid info about what this is?
Was it a similar amount? I was thinking the same thing.
Old 02-12-2021, 11:45 AM   #7
stuball

Angry Yes

Quote:
That will be your first installment of many many numerous payments for the "NEW GREEN DEAL" now shut up and get ready for your next scheduled payment........
stuball is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-12-2021, 12:32 PM   #8
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Installments are fine with me. I don't need it.
Old 02-12-2021, 12:40 PM   #9
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbwinner View Post
Once again the American public gets DUPED by politicians

They (we all) were promised $2,000 checks voting in Biden and the Dems!

Where is it?
They lied. They always lie. They're all full of shit!!
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-12-2021, 01:02 PM   #10
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Was it a similar amount? I was thinking the same thing.
The form is a 1099-INT

$43.30

Here is what mine says:

THIS IS NOT A TAX BILL. It shows the taxable interest paid to you during the calendar year by the IRS. If you are required to file a tax return, report this interest as income on your return. This amount may represent interest on an overpayment for more than one year, or more than one kind of tax. This interest may have been paid with your tax refund or all may been applied against other taxes you owed.

The thing is that I have never received an interest payment from the IRS. I did; however, received a joint payment of $2,400 which surprised me because I thought my AGI was too high. At the very least, I thought the payment would be prorated. My theory is that the IRS may be reconciling the payments and planning to recoup erroneous payments. When the letter came from the IRS, I thought that is what it would be, but got this instead.

The only payments received from the IRS during calendar year 2020 were the stimulus and my 2019 tax refund.
Old 02-12-2021, 01:38 PM   #11
boxcar

Dave Ramsey "blashpemes" the "god" of this nation

Dave Ramsey replies to social media outrage over his comments on the stimulus: 'I have upset and melted many snowflakes!'

'They can't fix your life... it's up to you to fix your life'

https://www.theblaze.com/news/dave-r...reaking%20News

Love this guy. He tells it like it is!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: