Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 06-04-2012, 06:40 PM   #1
Smarty Cide
Veteran

Belmont Tosses

Who you all tossing and why? or is this the type of race where everyone is in play, brirdstone, ruler on ice, Da'Tara ect...?
Smarty Cide is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2012, 06:46 PM   #2
Producer

Five Sixteen, Guyana Star Dweej, Optimizer, Unstoppable U. I would probably add Ravelo's Boy to the list even though he is training well at Calder. Will take a wait and see approach on him as a possible horse to round out the bottom of exotics, if anything.

Of the non-obvious contenders, I only see Street Life and Attigun as horses with any kind of chance.
Producer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2012, 06:55 PM   #3
Smarty Cide
Veteran

did you see Da'Tara and Birdstone with any type of chance?

Where can I find an archive of old articles leading up to the belmont in past years Im kinda interested in see ing how people thought those horses where training... im looking for a bomb here, I just cant see IHA doing it. He's not the horse we have been waiting 34 years for.
Smarty Cide is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2012, 07:07 PM   #4
MickJ26

At least Birdstone had the Champagne on his resume. I don't think anybody saw Da Tara coming.
MickJ26 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2012, 07:09 PM   #5
Maximillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarty Cide

Where can I find an archive of old articles leading up to the belmont in past years Im kinda interested in see ing how people thought those horses where training... im looking for a bomb here, I just cant see IHA doing it. He's not the horse we have been waiting 34 years for.
Imo he has had 2 difficult assignments and he passed both with flying colors.....if he gets the job done here imo he is worthy...Is he on par with the 70s greats or Sunday Silence?...hell no,but imo stll worthy.
Maximillion is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2012, 07:15 PM   #6
5k-claim
Working on 'Plan B'

Quote:

You have been waiting for 34 years? When did you start?

Any horse that pulls off those three high profile races at three different tracks in three different states... in 5 weeks ... is deserving. I do not support any 'moving the goalpost' on this achievement.

Not that it will stop the threads to come about 'perfect trips', 'weak competition', and 'slow ratings'. Those threads are on the way, for sure.

Old 06-04-2012, 07:45 PM   #7
fmolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5k-claim
You have been waiting for 34 years? When did you start?

Any horse that pulls off those three high profile races at three different tracks in three different states... in 5 weeks ... is deserving. I do not support any 'moving the goalpost' on this achievement.

Not that it will stop the threads to come about 'perfect trips', 'weak competition', and 'slow ratings'. Those threads are on the way, for sure.

exactly!...while i am not a fan of the connections if this horse wins this race he will be considered as good as all the others in my book!...Look out for a horse like guyana star dweej he may go right to the front a la d'tara and keep going...one never knows...paynter is interesting as well.Dullahan and union rags have legit shots too.Paynter may be the best value if he does not get bet down on the Baffert factor
fmolf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2012, 07:49 PM   #8
Cardus
Veteran

Quote:
Who you all tossing and why? or is this the type of race where everyone is in play, brirdstone, ruler on ice, Da'Tara ect...?
I wouldn't put Birdstone in the same group as the others you mentioned. He was a significantly better horse than the other two.
Cardus is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2012, 08:05 PM   #9
elysiantraveller

Quote:
The Derby was also a toss for him being that it was a sealed track. He came into the Belmont a well-bred, little known, accomplished runner.

I will probably be watching this race like most years although the Beyer article today had a good stat that if you bet every other runner for the past 15 years in every running you have doubled your money.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2012, 08:21 PM   #10
sovereign
Spot Player

Quote:
I'll Have Another. Just because.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:54 PM   #11
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

All deep closers
OTM Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2012, 09:17 PM   #12
Sysonby

Someone posted on another topic that deep closers had one 8 out of the last 22 Belmont Stakes
Sysonby is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2012, 09:27 PM   #13
Run Nicholas Run
Veteran

unstoppable u , guyana star dweej, optimizer
Run Nicholas Run is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2012, 09:34 PM   #14
Vengeance of Rain

Every horse in the field except for I'll Have Another.
Vengeance of Rain is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2012, 09:37 PM   #15
sovereign
Spot Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sysonby
Someone posted on another topic that deep closers had one 8 out of the last 22 Belmont Stakes
And that closer was Jazil. He broke last and was one-paced throughout, improving position little by little each furlong. He was in position after 9F and still maintained that quick one-paced run. He caused Bluegrass Cat to move sooner than planned.