Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-19-2012, 09:41 PM   #31
Some_One

Thanks for the addon, as for the speed rating, if you want to try and think it about in Beyer terms, 11 lengths equals 22 points for 8f, so if you think Exc. is a good legit G1 horse, he probably runs in the 105-110 range, so that would put Frankel at 127-132.
Some_One is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2012, 10:43 PM   #32
iceknight

Well here is a simple fact. Frankel won the last race is very good, reliably measured time, unlike Secretariat, whose Preakness win time had to be "approved" similar to some elections that are approved by the Court. Hope this gives all you guys who complain about every winning racehorse's performance as "not so great, won against weak" etc something to truly wonder about and to your list. How can they EAT off 2/5th of a second. hell if they really wanted to honor him that much, just call it 1 min even. What a SHAM!!

.. And if that is not enough, let me add more controversy here. Guess what? Here's a challenge for all you Monday morning QB's imo Seattle Slew (unbeaten TC winner) > Secretariat. Convince me otherwise.
iceknight is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2012, 11:23 PM   #33
Cardus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits
Cardus, I've told you before. Dismissed. Go to hell.
As I have told you before -- before it gets deleted -- this is not very Christian.

Otherwise, the sentence about which I asked for a simple explanation as to its meaning -- not a farfetched request -- is another example of nothingness.

Last edited by Cardus; 06-19-2012 at 11:25 PM.
Cardus is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2012, 11:39 PM   #34
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardus
As I have told you before -- before it gets deleted -- this is not very Christian.

Otherwise, this is another example of nothingness.
You're dismissed. Again, go to hell.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2012, 11:41 PM   #35
Cardus
Veteran

Quote:
You're dismissed. Again, go to hell.
In other words, when you declare that Frankel is a "part of us", what do you mean?

Very simple, unassuming question.
Cardus is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2012, 11:52 PM   #36
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
He is certainly living up to his namesake. It may be part of the reason we love watching him. He's far more than an incredible Euro turf runner, he's a part of us.
Meaning his name makes him part of us?
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2012, 12:07 AM   #37
iceknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan
Meaning his name makes him part of us?
He is part of the spirit, the winning spirit and the spirit of superb performances. I think this just went into Pandoraism.
iceknight is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2012, 12:08 AM   #38
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardus
In other words, when you declare that Frankel is a "part of us", what do you mean?

Very simple, unassuming question.
Stop being a douche. It gets old.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:13 AM   #39
nijinski

Frankel always has to prove himself it seems. Wasn't there some doubt here about his ability , a year ago challenging Canford Cliffs?
He's a freak!
nijinski is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2012, 10:56 AM   #40
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_One
Here is the list of all British G1 mile races open to males 3/3+ yrs

2000 Guineas
Juddmonte Lockinge
St James Palace
Queen Anne
Sussex Stakes
QEII

Guess who won them all?

http://www.britishhorseracing.com/ow...eType=calendar

Thanks for that list.

Sure there are OTHER Group 1 races and Group 1 horses out there, but if they are in other divisions or in other countries there is going to be very limited crossover to face Frankel.

Anyway, since when is it the obligation of the #1 horse to ship around the world to face potential competitors on their home track etc.. You do that if it makes economic and strategic sense for the horse. Other than that, everyone else in the world knows where Frankel is. If they think they have a better horse they can find him.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 06-20-2012 at 11:09 AM.
classhandicapper is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2012, 11:09 AM   #41
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalding No!

Why? Because Frankel is not accomplishing anything. He established many months ago that he was the top miler in the world. It would have been nice to see him paired up against Goldikova at least once, but I guess he did thrash a filly that beat her in France. However, these repeat cakewalks are just wasted races. People want to mention him in the same breath as horses like Brigadier Gerard, Sea The Stars, Nashwan, Dancing Brave, Mill Reef, etc. Even if he's more talented than they based on Timeforem, he's got a lot left to do.

The only test he's passed since the 2000 Guineas was proving in his 4yo debut that the story about his injured leg and potential retirement was a bunch of fluff.

I don't hold anything against the horse. I can question the connections, though, when a horse of his caliber has failed to start in several premier races in the last 2 years. It's not like he missed a lot of time during his 2yo and 3yo seasons.
He's a MILER.

They know they've proven everything at a mile, but they weren't going to throw him to the 10F wolves fresh off the bench. They've given him 2 starts to get him close to 100% and now they are going to try something new.

This is going to be a tough. Not many milers want 10F and even when they can get it, it's not ideal. Plus it's not even like the US where you can go 9F first.

There's a fine line between being sporting/trying to conquer new challenges and being an idiot. IMO they are handling the horse brilliantly.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:21 AM   #42
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
Thanks for that list.

Sure there are OTHER Group 1 races and Group 1 horses out there, but if they are in other divisions or in other countries there is going to be very limited crossover to face Frankel.

Since when is it the obligation of the #1 horse to ship around the world to face potential competitors on their home track etc.. You do that if it makes economic and strategic sense for the horse. Other than that, everyone else in the world knows where Frankel is. If they think they have a better horse they can find him.
"Other divisions"?

Ridiculous.

Do you think for a second that Frankel is merely a "miler". I like when die-hard fans want to set limits to their champions' capabilities, yet want to proclaim them all-time greats, too. Why wasn't he in the Prince Of Wales's?

Shouldn't he have taken on a horse like So You Think by now? Time is running out, conveniently. That 6yo has maybe one or two starts before heading back to the Southern Hemisphere for stud duty. He's competed in Group 1s anywhere from 8f, 9f, 10f, 11f, 12f, 16f. Turf, dirt, synthetic. Southern Hemisphere. Northern Hemisphere. Middle East. Middle America.

That's a racehorse. Frankel, with his 7f-8f resume, is being handled like a one-trick pony.

Last edited by Spalding No!; 06-20-2012 at 11:28 AM.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2012, 11:25 AM   #43
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
Stop being a douche. It gets old.
So does the mall cop routine.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2012, 11:27 AM   #44
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
He's a MILER.
I guess you can ignore my post above.

I think more of Frankel than you do.

Quote:
They know they've proven everything at a mile, but they weren't going to throw him to the 10F wolves fresh off the bench. They've given him 2 starts to get him close to 100% and now they are going to try something new.
Yeah, in this day and age, especially in Europe, horses aren't in top form when they reappear. The 2000 Guineas is just a prep race. I'm sure they ran Frankel, fresh off an injury scare, at 80% in the Group 1 Lockinge. Get real.

Quote:
This is going to be a tough. Not many milers want 10F and even when they can get it, it's not ideal. Plus it's not even like the US where you can go 9F first.
Ridiculous. He's not curing cancer or balancing the budget here.

Quote:
There's a fine line between being sporting/trying to conquer new challenges and being an idiot. IMO they are handling the horse brilliantly.
"Sporting". "Trying to conquer". "New challenges". I like the rhetoric.

You left out an allusion to the Rockies.

Maybe you were dehydrated.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2012, 12:55 PM   #45
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalding No!
I guess you can ignore my post above.

I think more of Frankel than you do.

Yeah, in this day and age, especially in Europe, horses aren't in top form when they reappear. The 2000 Guineas is just a prep race. I'm sure they ran Frankel, fresh off an injury scare, at 80% in the Group 1 Lockinge. Get real.

Ridiculous. He's not curing cancer or balancing the budget here.

"Sporting". "Trying to conquer". "New challenges". I like the rhetoric.

You left out an allusion to the Rockies.

Maybe you were dehydrated.

In case you are unaware of this, the goal of any horse's connections SHOULD BE to place their horses on the appropriate surface, at the appropriate distance, at the appropriate class level, and with sufficient rest so that they remain sound, healthy, and sharp enough to maximize their earnings potential and value.

The goal is to not satisfy a bunch of whiny fans that want to see horses shipped all over the place, running at distances they are probably not suited for, on surfaces they might not handle, against opposition they are not ready for, or so often they burn out, just so fans can see what would happen.

That's how horses are ruined and forced into premature retirement.

You do things wisely!

This horse hasn't avoided anyone. He has repeatedly faced the best Group 1 competition available at home at a mile and is now ready to stretch out and see if 10F is within his range.

He's been handled BRILLIANTLY. If you can't se that, I can't help you.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 06-20-2012 at 01:00 PM.
classhandicapper is online now   Reply With Quote Reply