Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-19-2012, 09:39 AM   #1
Grits

FRANKEL !!!!!

WINS IT.

He hit the front, and it was all over. 10 to 12 lengths, leaving the field in his wake.

Lord, what an incredible racehorse. He's is unreal! So handsome, he moves with ease.

When available can someone embed the video? What a thrill he is to watch. Absolutely amazing.

Edited: for spelling.

Last edited by Grits; 06-19-2012 at 09:46 AM.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2012, 09:42 AM   #2
classhandicapper

I'm not sure how strong his competition was, but that was a serious turn of foot.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:45 AM   #3
detective

Frankel

Unreal! Gave me a chill when he took off on the field. Hope we see him in the Breeders Cup.
detective is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2012, 10:03 AM   #4
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

[YT="Frankel 6-19"]agM-AMeDCh4[/YT]
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2012, 10:09 AM   #5
jk3521
Registered Loser

I love those camera angles!
jk3521 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2012, 10:16 AM   #6
MaTH716

Thanks for posting CJ, that was an awesome performance.
MaTH716 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2012, 10:47 AM   #7
Grits

Queally asks him and he begins to pick it up. He moves effortlessly, when he gets out front. Queally shakes the reins a bit, he pins his ears and explodes. Long gone. As another noted, the closeup camera angles are great. He is certainly living up to his namesake. It may be part of the reason we love watching him. He's far more than an incredible Euro turf runner, he's a part of us. As pleased as I would be, it would surprise me if he comes over for Breeders' Cup. Their turf being much softer than ours.

This is when I really love this sport, when I see such a jaw dropping performance. Nothing can touch it. Thanks for embedding.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:58 PM   #8
Spalding No!

Yawn. Good thing they drummed up that leg injury filth earlier this year, then "leaked" a retirement announcement that was immediately retracted.

It allowed his connections to stay against the decimated miler group rather than actually challenging the uber-talented colt. Spanking Excelebration all over the English countryside really gets the pulse racing, the way Zenyatta used to run down non-winners 2x horses across Southern California.

Hawk Wing was plenty more impressive back in 2003 in the Lockinge, but unfortunately, his connections had the audacity to try the Epsom Derby at 12f, tackle his elders at middle distances, and try the US and dirt in the BC Classic, all as a 3yo. Considering his considerable ability, they should have spent their time manufacturing an unbeaten race record--and by extension, "all time greatness"--rather than testing the colt's mettle.

[YT=""]XiXbsSCdGLs[/YT]

Last edited by Spalding No!; 06-19-2012 at 01:03 PM.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2012, 01:05 PM   #9
Cardus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits
Queally asks him and he begins to pick it up. He moves effortlessly, when he gets out front. Queally shakes the reins a bit, he pins his ears and explodes. Long gone. As another noted, the closeup camera angles are great. He is certainly living up to his namesake. It may be part of the reason we love watching him. He's far more than an incredible Euro turf runner, he's a part of us. As pleased as I would be, it would surprise me if he comes over for Breeders' Cup. Their turf being much softer than ours.

This is when I really love this sport, when I see such a jaw dropping performance. Nothing can touch it. Thanks for embedding.
What does this mean?
Cardus is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2012, 01:07 PM   #10
MickJ26

A provisional Timeform rating of 147, according to The Racing Post.
MickJ26 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2012, 01:07 PM   #11
Grits

Cardus, I've told you before. Dismissed. Go to hell.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:23 PM   #12
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickJ26
A provisional Timeform rating of 147, according to The Racing Post.
Isn't that the highest EVER?

I think 145 is the old record.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:50 PM   #13
Steve R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalding No!
Yawn. Good thing they drummed up that leg injury filth earlier this year, then "leaked" a retirement announcement that was immediately retracted.

It allowed his connections to stay against the decimated miler group rather than actually challenging the uber-talented colt. Spanking Excelebration all over the English countryside really gets the pulse racing, the way Zenyatta used to run down non-winners 2x horses across Southern California...[snip]
You're comparing the Queen Anne horses to the fillies and mares Zenyatta competed against in SoCal? You're joking, right?
Steve R is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2012, 02:11 PM   #14
westny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardus
What does this mean?
Obviously, Frankel is the namesake of the late, great AMERICAN trainer.

You think there would be this much US interest in "star" European horse named, Cecil?
westny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2012, 02:25 PM   #15
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve R
You're comparing the Queen Anne horses to the fillies and mares Zenyatta competed against in SoCal? You're joking, right?
First off, the direct comparison was decidely tongue-in-cheek. Nevertheless, the point is clearly that Frankel didn't beat much. I understand that Excelebration won a Group 1 over the 9yo Group 2 horse Rio De La Plata last year, but playing the role of Washington Generals to Frankel's Harlem Globetrotters hardly validates the latter's exploits. The rest of the field was a rag-tag collection of listed stakes horses, 8yo has-beens, and pacesetters.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply