Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-18-2012, 11:35 PM   #31
iceknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Didn't she already try the boys once this year?
Don't think gender played a part. For that matter (not that I think this is a gender battle) top class fillies can hold their own and one another example was the 2011 Arc d' le Triumph (excuse the spelling), where fillies Danedream and two more ran 1-2-3 and Sarafina can be in the top 6 in a large field.
iceknight is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2012, 12:20 AM   #32
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Maybe the Dubai race, where she was buried?
Watching those two races, Dubai and the latest, looks like two completely different horses.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:30 AM   #33
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

You mean a super horse doesn't fire every time?
Wow.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:22 AM   #34
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698
I'm not disagreeing that she ran a big race. She did. And she's a very, very nice horse.

She still beat no one. I hope they try the boys also but what kind of price could you possibly get?
with all the arguing going back and forth......theres always someone with a shred of logic. i like that. people have to distingish between ....being a fan of a horse and being a horseplayer. if you are a fan. yes, the horse ran great and you can back the horse. but realistically as a horseplayer you have to use your head. i've seen this scenario so many times that as a horseplayer and handicapper i'm not going to unload on a horse like this. this is where the figs will get you a short price on a horse that will most likely face tougher next time out. if she tries the boys you will most likely be getting an underlay. gee, if every good horse got to sit chilly for a "work out" race, i suppose they would look like gang busters and gain a high fig. suddenly the fact that she got trounced by awesome maria and at dubai disappears and she already showed she loves that race course. this horse is good, no one disputes it. but as i put my money through the window i can't take some ridiculous price on a horse that ran one good race against some pretty slow horses. thats the point. i can read these posts and tell who the fans are and who the gamblers are. when horses like this get a 110 against nothing....they are the best. when union rags gets a 96 in a crawl of a belmont...oh, the figs don't matter..or its wrong. the most important thing (when you are actually making a bet) is the odds and the value weighed against the probability of winning. you can spew all the accolades you want about this horse....i won't be tearing them up after shes 6-5 against the boys because of the hype like this...it was one race. lets see what happens. its fine to be a fan but usually people are arguing over horses that won't make a difference in your bankroll...its either a short price...or worse yet a short price that runs up the track. thats going to help me when i bet hundreds of races a year.....how? someone says it looks like two completely different horses...of course it does when you run in two completely different classes. one being top class and the other not even grade 2. i'm not saying she can't beat the boys...i'm saying i have to get a decent price to play that the first time. the chances of that are not that great...so i might play against her. a fan can't think this way.

Last edited by burnsy; 06-19-2012 at 08:34 AM.
burnsy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2012, 09:47 AM   #35
Wiley
Horse Racing Connossieur

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Didn't she already try the boys once this year?
Not on dirt.

They probably keep her with the girls and if she wins out, run in the Classic, probably better suited for a mile and a quarter plus gets the weight break and she has already won the distaff.

New owners paid $8.5 million for her last year, another reason to go for the bigger Classic purse and think a factor in heading to Dubai this year.
Wiley is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2012, 09:49 AM   #36
Cardus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHorseplayer
It reminds me of Rachel Alexandra in the Kentucky Oaks.If she was posting 90 Beyers it would be a whole different scenario.Of her own accord vs jack she did handride a 110.Not much horseflesh can boast that these days.If she's a wait and run gal vs males she wins by 2-3 lengths instead of 8.

My big thing is the males and their vaginal owners and trainers are so weak right now I'd like to see this girl go vs them.

She runs a 90 I'll be unenthused.She ran a 110 guess what?She beat the clock bro.Wake up and smell that coffee.That fires me up I can't help it.
First of all, aren't Besilu Stables and Bill Mott the "vaginal" owner and trainer here?

Secondly, with you posting at various times and intervals throughout the day, you are not spending enough time in your padded cell.
Cardus is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2012, 10:31 AM   #37
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Isn't Royal Delta "vaginal" as well?
Old 06-19-2012, 10:55 AM   #38
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceknight
Don't think gender played a part. For that matter (not that I think this is a gender battle) top class fillies can hold their own and one another example was the 2011 Arc d' le Triumph (excuse the spelling), where fillies Danedream and two more ran 1-2-3 and Sarafina can be in the top 6 in a large field.
IMHO it's easier for females to compete with Grade 1 older males on turf and in dirt sprints than at classic distances on dirt. I know some fillies have done well in the Triple Crown, but I think that has something to do with their development being ahead of the boys at that stage. If she takes on older Grade 1 boys again, IMO they should look for a relatively soft spot first.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 06-19-2012 at 10:57 AM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2012, 06:09 PM   #39
CincyHorseplayer

My point being the boys are so quickly whisked off to the breeding shed in most cases that once a filly or mare reaches peak form she takes down the boys.And it's exactly what has happened repeatedly the last few years.So I don't know wherwe the "Padded Cell" and "Ignorance" talk about me is coming from.This is exactly how it has played out and maybe Royal Delta is the next in line.I don't feel the need to be devoutly hypercritical just because I'm a handicapper.I've only been around this game 17 years.Which to some of you isn't much.But nobody has reached the lofty status no matter how many years around this game to cast a constant downwards glance when they disagree.That is crap.
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2012, 06:37 PM   #40
maclr11

Royal Delta might be the best horse in training in North America.
She beat Game On Dude in Dubai, she ran a second faster than the top older colts on Saturday. Bodemeister may be the one argument you could make, but she gets 10f, he is yet to win over 9f. Other than that I think for horses in training she's the top at the moment. No real superstars on the turf or sprinting. Shackleford would beat her going a mile along with Caleb's Posse and company, but going 10f she would win I think. Look at her history, BC Ladies Classic convincingly, Alabama Stakes, Black Eyed Susan Stakes, 2nd to Havre da Grace as a three year old. Awesome Maria has taken a step backwards after her dominating winter leaving Royal Delta has the top horse, til someone beats her going long. She beat It's Tricky last year in the ladies classic. Those two might be just as fast as the boys as well. Not that you will ever see her run against the boys again I think, especially with Ron the Greek in Mott's barn.
I would assume the rest of her schedule would be
Delaware Handicap
Personal Ensign at Saratoga
Beldame and the Breeders Cup Ladies Classic
She is a very impressive filly, that is for sure.
maclr11 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply