Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-09-2018, 03:13 PM   #1
highnote

Is Trump a KGB Asset?

"Trump -- a Russian Asset?"

That question will raise eyebrows. That is what a NY Mag writer is asking:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...collusion.html

Quote:
The first intimations that Trump might harbor a dark secret originated among America’s European allies, which, being situated closer to Russia, have had more experience fending off its nefarious encroachments. In 2015, Western European intelligence agencies began picking up evidence of communications between the Russian government and people in Donald Trump’s orbit. In April 2016, one of the Baltic states shared with then–CIA director John Brennan an audio recording of Russians discussing funneling money to the Trump campaign. In the summer of 2016, Robert Hannigan, head of the U.K. intelligence agency GCHQ, flew to Washington to brief Brennan on intercepted communications between the Trump campaign and Russia.

The contents of these communications have not been disclosed, but what Brennan learned obviously unsettled him profoundly. In congressional testimony on Russian election interference last year, Brennan hinted that some Americans might have betrayed their country. “Individuals who go along a treasonous path,” he warned, “do not even realize they’re along that path until it gets to be a bit too late.” In an interview this year, he put it more bluntly: “I think [Trump] is afraid of the president of Russia. The Russians may have something on him personally that they could always roll out and make his life more difficult.”
I always thought that Trump would make a more interesting president than Hillary.

Last edited by highnote; 07-09-2018 at 03:14 PM.
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-09-2018, 03:20 PM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I certainly hope so, for your sake.
Old 07-09-2018, 03:21 PM   #3
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I know for certain that most of the far-left Democrats and Communists in the USA are definitely KGB Assets. No doubt there.
Old 07-09-2018, 03:25 PM   #4
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I know for certain that most of the far-left Democrats and Communists in the USA are definitely KGB Assets. No doubt there.
Communists are more likely to be KGB assets than far-left, but it wouldn't surprise me if some far-lefties are also KGB assets. Why not?

It also wouldn't surprise me if far-left groups have been infiltrated by moles. In addition to reporting back to the KGB on the far-left's activities they might also be influencing them.

Come to think of it, some far-right members might also be moles from the KGB. I would expect a good spy agency to have moles everywhere.

Last edited by highnote; 07-09-2018 at 03:27 PM.
Old 07-09-2018, 03:31 PM   #5
CincyHorseplayer

I love it. Trump people met some scumbags in a room and they provided nothing it's collusion. But Dems get oppo research from links to Russia and send up through channels into the FBI and DOJ no big deal! All about transparency! This is so purely partisan it makes me sick. This is why a lot of people don't follow politics. It takes 6 months of watching every news channel to figure out what is actually happening. Disinformation like this is routine.
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-09-2018, 03:31 PM   #6
hcap

Quote:
Actuary Russia is no longer a communist country. It is an oligarchy with an authoritative fascist in charge.

Much closer to the far right and some repugs.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-09-2018, 03:31 PM   #7
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I'm glad you're falling for this stuff, by the way.

It makes those of us who fell for the whole Obama "birth-certificate" thing feel a bit better about ourselves.
Old 07-09-2018, 03:32 PM   #8
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Actuary Russia is no longer a communist country. It is an oligarchy with an authoritative fascist in charge.

Much closer to the far right and some repugs.
As long as you're lecturing, you should tell highnote that the KGB doesn't exist anymore.
Old 07-09-2018, 03:38 PM   #9
hcap

Quote:
I'm glad you're falling for this stuff, by the way.

It makes those of us who fell for the whole Obama "birth-certificate" thing feel a bit better about ourselves.
I read the article and others along the same line. I did not post it, waiting for more confirmation, knowing the cons here would scoff.

Btw, Many of you still sing the b.c. blues.
Old 07-09-2018, 03:41 PM   #10
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by highnote View Post
"Trump -- a Russian Asset?"

That question will raise eyebrows. That is what a NY Mag writer is asking:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...collusion.html

I always thought that Trump would make a more interesting president than Hillary.
I don't think we are living a Designated Survivor or Homeland episode but I intimated something similar as a conspiracy theory earlier...
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-09-2018, 03:41 PM   #11
hcap

Quote:
As long as you're lecturing, you should tell highnote that the KGB doesn't exist anymore.
It sure does in the person of Putin. Do you think he forgot 30 years or so, as a KGB intel/assassin?
Old 07-09-2018, 03:41 PM   #12
highnote

Quote:
I would have said Cheka, but few people one would know what that means.

The KGB organization might not exist in name, but there is no doubt Russia still has a spy organization. Putin is ex-KGB. It is likely many of the KGB techniques and operations have been carried forward to the new agencies.

The following types of espionage are almost certainly still practiced even if the names of the agencies practicing them have changed:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
The KGB residency executed four types of espionage: (i) political, (ii) economic, (iii) military-strategic, and (iv) disinformation...

Last edited by highnote; 07-09-2018 at 03:42 PM.
Old 07-09-2018, 03:43 PM   #13
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
I don't think we are living a Designated Survivor or Homeland episode but I intimated something similar as a conspiracy theory earlier...
It may be more than just another tin foil hat speculation. Some top notch intel guys are beginning to wonder.
Old 07-09-2018, 03:44 PM   #14
highnote

Quote:
I certainly hope so, for your sake.
Don't shoot me... I'm just the messenger. It's not like I wrote the article, for chrissakes.
Old 07-09-2018, 03:45 PM   #15
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
It may be more than just another tin foil hat speculation. Some top notch intel guys are beginning to wonder.
Like I said... grab the popcorn.

Come to think of it, the NY Mag writer could be a Russian asset spreading disinformation. Why not?

Last edited by highnote; 07-09-2018 at 03:46 PM.