Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-02-2018, 11:19 AM   #46
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
No. You didn't read the document / Agreement. You read a White House release. If you think that's the same thing it confirms my view of your lack of credibility , a propensity to comment without facts. Your negative comments are unfounded.

Look, the economy is running well. Enjoy it. This economy belongs to trump. Admit it. Give credit
I have read large swathes of it.

However if reading something is the new metric for being able to comment on it around these parts its gonna get pretty quiet.

I linked White House talking points as they are the most favorable portrayal of White House policy you're gonna get.

Finally I'm not giving the President credit for an economy. Any President. Period. That's stupid.

I'll give credit at policies I think help growth and critique ones I think hurt. This trade fight is one of them.

Obama had 8 years of growth bringing the country back from deep recession... give credit...

Or...

Be American and comment on the stupid shit he did...
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-02-2018, 12:14 PM   #47
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
I have read large swathes of it.

However if reading something is the new metric for being able to comment on it around these parts its gonna get pretty quiet.

I linked White House talking points as they are the most favorable portrayal of White House policy you're gonna get.

Finally I'm not giving the President credit for an economy. Any President. Period. That's stupid.

I'll give credit at policies I think help growth and critique ones I think hurt. This trade fight is one of them.

Obama had 8 years of growth bringing the country back from deep recession... give credit...

Or...

Be American and comment on the stupid shit he did...
You didn't read the Agreement. Thank you.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-02-2018, 03:13 PM   #48
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Think maybe the red card might be issued based on calling another member "stupid", and "simple minded", and "jerk off" and "juvenile little twerp", etc.? All part of the post PA deemed questionable.
It's amazing the things people miss when they read posts around here, isn't it?
Old 10-02-2018, 08:29 PM   #49
FantasticDan
gelding

FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-02-2018, 08:35 PM   #50
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Yes it is...sometimes I totally flabberglasted...
Old 10-02-2018, 09:09 PM   #51
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I freely admit those phrases did not register, most likely, because subconsciously I probably believed those terms were a fair assessment of behavior.

I apologize for my gaffe.

Last edited by Show Me the Wire; 10-02-2018 at 09:13 PM.
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-02-2018, 09:32 PM   #52
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
You've been a jerk off for over two years now ... and totally wrong on all your posts, predictions and comments.

I know I won't win any popularity contests on here, I know that. I just don't care because you've proven countless times you are a juvenile little twerp. Laugh your soft arse off all you wish with these silly gifs, whatever. Very childish but then again YOU ARE the lead child to all the simple minded Trump haters.

I'll stack my posts, predictions and commentary against yours any day of the week. On my worst day I've contributed more value to this site than many on here, ESPECIALLY you. And that also means posting in other threads on different subjects. For someone you yells how wildly read you are, your range of intellect is quite shallow. And I will not comment on your writing skills ... which lacks simple clarity to start.

You are the one who have contributed mostly zero value to this place. And I'm being generous.

You are the one that said Trump won't get foreign companies to relocate here. WRONG. You are the one that said trade deals with the EU, NATO, NAFTA, and So Korea would never happen. WRONG. You are the one that said earlier corrupt deals made by Congress with Lockheed and Boeing will not be renegotiated because Trump is clueless. Well, you were WRONG then too. You should have quit then when you were behind but stupidity knows no bounds.

You also are the one that said Trump's trade policies will kill the economy. WRONG.

You are the ignorant one, not even knowing that Congress is the allocator of funds for the Wall, etc. Call it a Trump failure if you want, be my guest. Only stupid people believe this.
I disagree with ET a lot more than I agree with him. But even when we disagree, his arguments are coherent and make sense. You post nonsense all the time, have a singular lack of knowledge and an outsized opinion of your abilities .
Old 10-06-2018, 12:17 AM   #53
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
I disagree with ET a lot more than I agree with him. But even when we disagree, his arguments are coherent and make sense. You post nonsense all the time, have a singular lack of knowledge and an outsized opinion of your abilities .
If elysian has any skills, which many doubt, being coherent and making sense are the least of them. No wonder you support him.

Know-nothings and idiots usually are bothered about my outsized opinion of myself. I understand that. But you ignore one thing:

I have regularly gone on the PA public record with my analysis, predictions and opinions and what-not, more so than anyone on here. Others often hide in the shadows and after the wind blows one way of the other, out they come with their 'expertese'. I always state my case and thoughts way before any dust settles.

Another difference is ... the subsequent results have proven me right! All the examples I used against elysian were correct. He said all those things and he was wrong. He is an expert, yes... of being wrong. Always wrong but never in doubt.

I have written documented proof of some of the more articulate and prescient predicitions on here ... which have also been proven correct. And elysian has a long proven record of incorrect and some say stupid calls and analysis.

I don't care if you rather bet on his opinions than on mine, who cares? Just don't bet any real money on him.

It's tough for me to be modest when I am right all the time.

I'll remind you of a prediction I made last year to you that is on its way to becoming another true and accurate call by me. Remember:

Your Cubs will go another 100 years before they win another World Series. We're already in Year Two and it's looking better by the year.

And this time around, you can't blame any Billy Goat.

Become a White Sox fan, they are the future of Chicago baseball.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2018, 10:43 PM   #54
elysiantraveller

Oh wow this is juicy...

GOP lawmakers protest LGBT protections in new NAFTA deal

This is a pretty hilarious development.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2018, 11:03 PM   #55
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post

I have written documented proof of some of the more articulate and prescient predicitions on here ... which have also been proven correct.
Great call on the elections this year.
Old 11-23-2018, 03:03 AM   #56
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Oh wow this is juicy...

GOP lawmakers protest LGBT protections in new NAFTA deal

This is a pretty hilarious development.
Not especially.
Old 11-23-2018, 03:24 PM   #57
HalvOnHorseracing

Seriously. You know what Mexico needs from us? Corn. A few years ago there was a shortage of corn in Mexico and people were rioting for corn. It's true. Corn is part of the Mexican national identity.

Actually we're using a ridiculous amount of the corn we grow to make ethanol.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2018, 03:28 PM   #58
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Whoever decided to use corn in our gas shoot be shot.

So what about this.
For every illegal here that Mexico will come and pick up and take back home, we give them a bushel of corn to go along.

OR, instead of a WALL, we but in corn fields along the border.

Hmmmmmm........
Old 11-23-2018, 03:50 PM   #59
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Whoever decided to use corn in our gas shoot be shot.

So what about this.
For every illegal here that Mexico will come and pick up and take back home, we give them a bushel of corn to go along.

OR, instead of a WALL, we but in corn fields along the border.

Hmmmmmm........
I'll tell you a short story about planting tall crops near the border. A while back at Otay Mesa, on our side of the border there was a protected wetlands. Birds nested there, other small animals as well. The Feds demanded it be cut down because illegals would get across and hide in the tall reeds. I think eventually the immigration people won and they trimmed the wetlands.

So you might have to think of something else.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2018, 04:11 PM   #60
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Well, they could plant the corn rows perpendicular to the border, so we could see down the rows and know if anyone was in there.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: