Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-15-2018, 07:34 PM   #211
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98 View Post
I don't know where you live but I live in Toronto where the summers are getting a lot hotter, last year alone we had more days of 86 degress than less and we had at least 21 days that were 95 degrees and 3 or 4 that were 110 or higher, and our usual temperature at this time of year is 44 degress, the last 2 weeks it hasn't reached that at all it's been around 35

You don't have to lie.

The highest temperature achieved in Tornoto this summer was 33 degrees celsius which equates to 91 degrees.

https://www.metric-conversions.org/t...fahrenheit.htm

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca...tainer-monthly
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2018, 02:33 AM   #212
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
In a made up science of "Climatology" why wouldn't the "Climate Scientists" agree with their own data and theories?

It would be like having these guys tell you about the existence of Big Foot or Ancient Aliens.

https://www.animalplanet.com/tv-shows/finding-bigfoot/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUHk9FLZMf4
I agree, Stagate SG-1 was way underrated.

" In retrospect it becomes clear that hindsight is definitely overrated!"....Alfred E. Neuman.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2018, 09:14 AM   #213
chadk66

Quote:
I don't know where you live but I live in Toronto where the summers are getting a lot hotter, last year alone we had more days of 86 degress than less and we had at least 21 days that were 95 degrees and 3 or 4 that were 110 or higher, and our usual temperature at this time of year is 44 degress, the last 2 weeks it hasn't reached that at all it's been around 35
I live in western ND. July and Aug are usually quite hot. Many days over 90 usually. And usually have half a dozen days over 100 during the summer. I think we had one day over a hundred and maybe half a dozen days total over 90 this year. And for the past few years actually. The past ten years we've had cooler than normal summers. Winters have been pretty average aside from one unusually warm winter and one unusually cold winter.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2018, 09:30 AM   #214
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20 View Post
Are you saying that intelligent, civilized people do not know how to turn on their AC or heating units? Or they can't figure out when to come inside from the hot or cold. It could be 110 degrees and I have enough common sense to get indoors when I am feeling overheated.
That's not the point, there is going to come a time when that will be normal as opposed to occasional
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2018, 09:38 AM   #215
azeri98

Quote:
You don't have to lie.

The highest temperature achieved in Tornoto this summer was 33 degrees celsius which equates to 91 degrees.

https://www.metric-conversions.org/t...fahrenheit.htm

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca...tainer-monthly
I included the humidex reading when I posted the numbers I should have mentioned that
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2018, 10:47 AM   #216
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDH
In a made up science of "Climatology" why wouldn't the "Climate Scientists" agree with their own data and theories?
In your erroneous criticism of climatology, how come the least educated opinions are elevated to the level of pseudo-scholars and pseudo-experts. Climatologists only have minor differences that are STILL a continuing area of study. They agree however AGW is real.

The uneducated are unaware of real expertise, and are the ones making things up. I suspect it is part of the alt right wings' fear of knowledge, and the so-called "elites" who youse guys believe are out to get you poor innocents in a giant absurd paranoid cosmic conspiracy theory

Last edited by hcap; 11-16-2018 at 10:48 AM.
Old 11-16-2018, 05:53 PM   #217
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

According to sources, the debate is not over.
Old 11-16-2018, 06:21 PM   #218
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
In your erroneous criticism of climatology, how come the least educated opinions are elevated to the level of pseudo-scholars and pseudo-experts. Climatologists only have minor differences that are STILL a continuing area of study. They agree however AGW is real.

The uneducated are unaware of real expertise, and are the ones making things up. I suspect it is part of the alt right wings' fear of knowledge, and the so-called "elites" who youse guys believe are out to get you poor innocents in a giant absurd paranoid cosmic conspiracy theory

https://youtu.be/WAqR9mLJrcE
Hey, I'm all for making a change if ultimately necessary.

Problem I have (and have stated many times) is that there are no answers.

We hear of the doomsday charges, and yet nary a solution to the suppsed doomsday problem. All we hear is more stats and more crying.

Could somebody. Anybody. Please come forth with a Global plan to combat our certain doom? A plan that is both environmentally sensible, but also economically sensible?

Obviously I'm likely asking for too much.
Old 11-16-2018, 07:04 PM   #219
burnsy
self medicated

As usual its all common sense and not some Left/Right nincompoop debate. There are billions of us. Chances are we change the environment more than any other living thing except for plants. And we do a good job of killing the plants. Whether its doomsday predictions or not. I don't think its doomsday like one side claims but its just good policy not to treat the atmosphere like mans personal toilet bowl. I don't care what the argument is, that's going to eventually bite mankind in the ass.

Where the other side has money involved. Theres people actually selling coal and oil. That's a joke too. If certain forces were out of the way solar and cleaner energy would be developed quicker. As sure as shit as I'm sitting here …...its coming. The Nay Sayers always look dumb as time goes on. One break through and its over. Some people still ride around in horse and buggies too.....the Amish and the Mennonites...….. Then there were those that said space travel and satellites were sci fi. They call people crazy or names....whatever......once its more efficient than the alternative, its over. Theres a reason people are brain washed to be against something that would benefit everyone.

As usual, the entire back and forth of this bull shit debate is that it helps nothing change. But it will eventually.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2018, 07:25 PM   #220
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
Theres a reason people are brain washed to be against something that would .

I can't agree more.
Old 11-16-2018, 10:29 PM   #221
zico20

Quote:
That's not the point, there is going to come a time when that will be normal as opposed to occasional
So, humans will adjust, animals will adjust, it's part of nature. Some species will die off, new ones will spring up. The weak will die off, the ones that adjust and survive will make their species stronger, like God intended. It has been like this for billions of years. Why do you want to try to stop the inevitable. Isn't Darwin great!
Old 11-16-2018, 10:37 PM   #222
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20 View Post
So, humans will adjust, animals will adjust, it's part of nature. Some species will die off, new ones will spring up. The weak will die off, the ones that adjust and survive will make their species stronger, like God intended. It has been like this for billions of years. Why do you want to try to stop the inevitable. Isn't Darwin great!
Absolutely correct Z. Nature is the most powerful force and will have final say, not mankind.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2018, 02:05 AM   #223
hcap

Quote:
Hey, I'm all for making a change if ultimately necessary.

Problem I have (and have stated many times) is that there are no answers.

We hear of the doomsday charges, and yet nary a solution to the suppsed doomsday problem. All we hear is more stats and more crying.

Could somebody. Anybody. Please come forth with a Global plan to combat our certain doom? A plan that is both environmentally sensible, but also economically sensible?

Obviously I'm likely asking for too much.
All these climate change threads, break down into three main areas of debate.

Best not to confuse them

Is global warming happening?
Is mankind an influence?

Are there any practical solutions?

Generally all three questions can be answered in the affirmative, however as a matter of science the first two are not negated simply because the third MAY be too late to be practically act upon.

Your feeble argument that climatology is "phony", you have been postulating, is in itself phony, due your illogically drawn non sequitur conclusions

Last edited by hcap; 11-17-2018 at 02:13 AM.
Old 11-17-2018, 02:34 AM   #224
Parkview_Pirate

It's all about the SUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post

Is global warming happening?
Is mankind an influence?

Are there any practical solutions?
"Not sure", "Probably not", and "Doesn't matter" are my answers for those questions.

While mankind's impact on the environment due to pollution is beyond dispute, the impact of burning fossil fuels on climate is lost in the "noise" compared to changes in solar output.

The problem with AGW believers is that the cause has been hijacked for political and economic purposes, and with documented cases of data rigging, the credibility of the honest experts, if there are such people, has been compromised.

The internet allows any view to echoed on any issue, and for those looking at the next ice age, here ya go:

https://www.sott.net/article/400195-...mum-is-upon-us

Quote:
Lee Wheelbarger sums it up: even if the IPCC's worst case scenarios are seen, that's only a 1.5 watts per square meter increase. Zharkova's analysis shows a 8 watts per square meter decrease in TSI to the planet.

Forget the arguments, debates and attempts to win over AGW alarmists - and just prepare.
For those into ham radio, noted wavelengths (10 m I believe) have been very quiet in terms of solar activity, and a reduction in "skipping" and reeling in signals from across the planet is the result. That appears to back up the idea that the Earth will cool.

Take heart HCAP, at current burn rates we'll be out of fossil fuels soon enough, and then the debate won't matter. Get out and beat the rush and go get some snowshoes....
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2018, 02:59 AM   #225
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkview_Pirate View Post
"Not sure", "Probably not", and "Doesn't matter" are my answers for those questions.

While mankind's impact on the environment due to pollution is beyond dispute, the impact of burning fossil fuels on climate is lost in the "noise" compared to changes in solar output.

The problem with AGW believers is that the cause has been hijacked for political and economic purposes, and with documented cases of data rigging, the credibility of the honest experts, if there are such people, has been compromised.

The internet allows any view to echoed on any issue, and for those looking at the next ice age, here ya go:

https://www.sott.net/article/400195-...mum-is-upon-us

For those into ham radio, noted wavelengths (10 m I believe) have been very quiet in terms of solar activity, and a reduction in "skipping" and reeling in signals from across the planet is the result. That appears to back up the idea that the Earth will cool.

Take heart HCAP, at current burn rates we'll be out of fossil fuels soon enough, and then the debate won't matter. Get out and beat the rush and go get some snowshoes....
There is no equivalecy between incorrect internet sites and accurate info drawn from accredited sources.

The scientific consensus (overwhelming)doles takes solar influence and cycles into account.. As well as your other not clear objections. Which are?

https://www.skepticalscience.com/sol...al-warming.htm

Last edited by hcap; 11-17-2018 at 03:07 AM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: