Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Harness Racing

Old 05-17-2018, 06:01 PM   #1
Teach

Meadowlands: Friday, May 18

Race One:

Let me state the obvious. There are three horses that I believe you’ll need to consider in this short-field lid-lifter. They are: 5 CRUZINFORAVICTORY (the closer); 3 HYPNOTIC TALE (front-runner), and 2 HURRIKANE EMPRESS.

Race Two:

I’m thinking “the inside” is going to be the place to be: Thus, my choices, in no particular order, are: 1 HE’S A CASTOFF; 2 STITCH IN TIME; 3 GLOBAL REVOLUTION; 8 MULTITASKR HANOVER.

Race Three:

Again, as in the first race, three horses: 1 SAMIS ROLIN STONE, 3 PRINCESS MARXXX; 5 DIAMONDSTONE US.

Race Four:

Jimmy Takter timed it perfectly to win by a nose with this fella, 1 ZEPHYR KNONOS, against weaker two weeks ago. What makes that win all the more impressive was the fact that the early fractions were “pedestrian”. He draws inside. Should have more speed to shoot at. Look for this guy to once again be closing in the stretch. Yet, there’s a “fly in the ointment.” This guy has missed a week. I’d counsel “buying insurance”. Others: 6 HAT TRICK HABIT; 5 LIMA NOVELTY; 4 OSVALDO BLUE CHIP.

Race Five:

It’s Le Frelon Vert from Sorel-Tracy, Quebec, Canada. Bon Soir, Monsieur. Yannick Gingras is in the bike. 10 JOEY GOODFELLOW is going to have to overcome an outside post. Yet, I believe he’s got a good chance of doing just that. This Roll With Joe-bred turned in a 1:51.3 at The Meadowlands, last year. He appears to be rounding into form. Richard Johnson trains. Others: 9 ARTS BLAZE; 8 THE ILLUMINATOR; 6 GREEN OLIVES.

Race Six:

5 TIFFANY’S FLASH is my upset choice here. I feel confident that this gal will stay flat. Steve Smith is in the bike. “Smitty” handles trotters very well. I particularly like gray filly’s most recent qualifier. Linda Toscano trains. Others: 2 FOR A DREAMER; 1 EUROBOND; 7 LOVELY LYNNLY.

Race Seven:

I think the winner’s coming from the outside array of horses. My choices here are, in order of preference: 9 WINGS OF ROYALTY; 10 DOUBLE L LINDY; 7 MONTALBANO BI; 8 GOLD MEDAL SWAN.

Race Eight:

5 THE FIRE WITHIN failed to fire last week in “The City of Brotherly Love.” Yet, this guy’s now back in the friendly confines of “The Garden State”. More specifically Bergen County, East Rutherford, New Jersey. “Club Med”…with horses. To quote the Meadowlands morning-line oddsmaker and ace handicapper, Dave Brower, it’s the “perfect drop and pop spot”. Hear! Hear! Brandon Mongiello owns and trains this Big Towner-bred. Jim Marohn, Jr. is in the bike. Others: 7 KINGS BARNS; 1 FRANKANDJOANNE; 3 FRANKIE BOY.

Race Nine:

5 HUXLEY gets my tepid nod in what I see as a: wide-open race. I’m curious how this guy will do on “the big track” after several successive tries at tight-turned Freehold Raceway. I believe this fella moves up at the Meadowlands; he should also benefit from any moisture on the racetrack. Vinny Ginsburg is in the bike for the Ginsburg mishpocheh and Fusco famiglia. John Urbanski is the owner-trainer. Others: 7 FEARLESS LEADER N; 3 SUPER S YZERMAN; 8 KEEP GOING.

Race Ten:

6 KJ’S BEKAH is my upset choice in the finale. This American Ideal-bred filly drew poorly in the Reynolds at Yonkers; yet she did manage to finish a tiring 4th. With that race serving as “a tightener,” this filly should be primed for a solid effort at “The Big M”. This gal showed speed in the Kindergarten Series at The Meadowland last fall. I believe that latent speed should be in evidence this evening. “The Mainer,” Steve Smith, is in the bike for trainer Linda Toscano. Others: 5 LETS FALL IN LOVE; 1 DANCE BLUE; 3 LONELY DAYS.

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: