Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.20 average.
Old 02-13-2016, 04:43 PM   #931
SuperPickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunDustyRun
so now the new rule is that if a Jock looks to his inside his horse is taken down...Rosario sold it and with all respect, I just didn't see the getting by, no matter what happened in the gallop out...and from the head on I saw, Rosario could have gotten through on the rail although it would have been tight...
I understand that Paco is a master at "intimidating" other jockeys and horses but you can't punish the owners and betters based on past rides...judge the current one
I watched it three times and came away with "I have no idea." I'm 50/50 Rosario's horse didn't want to go up the rail/Paco took his path. Either outcome was fine with me.

My ax is grind is in two areas. One being Paco is brain dead. They've literally told he's on a short leash. Why's he then looking back for Rosario and waiting for him to shoot the rail on him so he can shut the door. The last thing he should doing is that.

Second I hate when there's a winner versus 3rd place finisher borderline DQ and they put up a horse that was most likely third. Even if I bet the three I'd rather they leave the two up and sit Paco for two weeks. I'm not a fan of horses lucking into a win.
SuperPickle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-13-2016, 04:55 PM   #932
outofthebox

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPickle
I watched it three times and came away with "I have no idea." I'm 50/50 Rosario's horse didn't want to go up the rail/Paco took his path. Either outcome was fine with me.

My ax is grind is in two areas. One being Paco is brain dead. They've literally told he's on a short leash. Why's he then looking back for Rosario and waiting for him to shoot the rail on him so he can shut the door. The last thing he should doing is that.

Second I hate when there's a winner versus 3rd place finisher borderline DQ and they put up a horse that was most likely third. Even if I bet the three I'd rather they leave the two up and sit Paco for two weeks. I'm not a fan of horses lucking into a win.
Totally agree. Horrible angle to make a judgement. Counted four times Paco looking back and then closing the door, and to put the icing on the cake, excessive right hand lashes. Vacation time for Paco. Sorry for the poster above who loses out on the pick 5...
outofthebox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-13-2016, 05:40 PM   #933
no breathalyzer
Veteran

They hate Paco at GP insta take down knew it was coming and yes i made profit off what i thought was bogus.... i had to take a shower after that cause i felt dirty
no breathalyzer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-14-2016, 06:01 PM   #934
Dark Horse

Ridiculous DQ in R5 at SA. Of course it cost the longshot #10 the win.

The #10 had to come off the rail for a chance to win. Where was he supposed to go if he wanted to win the race?! No way that a favorite would have been DQ-ed for this. Never mind that the #10 blasts by the leader.
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-14-2016, 06:07 PM   #935
Kash$
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Horse

The #10 had to come off the rail for a chance to win. Where was he supposed to go if he wanted to win the race?! No way that a favorite would have been DQ-ed for this. Never mind that the #10 blasts by the leader.
I bet the #10..Brutal
Kash$ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-14-2016, 06:10 PM   #936
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

I thought that was a fair DQ personally. He bulled his way and forced another horse to check. I didn't stick around to hear the explanation but I thought DQ right away. What was reason given?

Maybe the rider of a 10 horse in a sprint race shouldn't get himself boxed in on the rail?
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-14-2016, 06:17 PM   #937
Dark Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
I thought that was a fair DQ personally. He bulled his way and forced another horse to check. I didn't stick around to hear the explanation but I thought DQ right away. What was reason given?

Maybe the rider of a 10 horse in a sprint race shouldn't get himself boxed in on the rail?
There's room for him to move into. How is he supposed to know the #1, coming from behind him, is gearing for that same space? Clearly, the #10 had the most horse. He just blasts by the others. Think he gets DQ-ed if that's American Pharoah?

If the #8 is not on the other side, the #1 can go around the #10, but now Baze just did a nice acting job and got rewarded for giving up.

Last edited by Dark Horse; 02-14-2016 at 06:18 PM.
Old 02-14-2016, 06:17 PM   #938
098poi

I was watching that race and as the race ran I didn't see anything. I was struck afterwards how the head on view made it look like the 10 should have come down but from the side view it didn't look nearly as dramatic. I don't have the answer but the the 1 was moving forward and the 10 did appear to impede its run. It's not so easy to make these decisions but I don't think it was a bad call.
098poi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-14-2016, 06:22 PM   #939
Dark Horse

There was some interference, but, at least in theory, the act of impeding becomes diminished if you have more power than the one you're impeding.

The horse with the most horse was the #10. And he gets taken down to 4th... Wow. They treated him like he changed lanes for no reason, but in reality it was his only option to pass the horse in front of him. He needed to change lanes.

Last edited by Dark Horse; 02-14-2016 at 06:24 PM.
Old 02-14-2016, 06:27 PM   #940
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
There was some interference, but, at least in theory, the act of impeding becomes diminished if you have more power than the one you're impeding.

The horse with the most horse was the #10. And he gets taken down to 4th... Wow. They treated him like he changed lanes for no reason, but in reality it was his only option to pass the horse in front of him. He needed to change lanes.
But you aren't allowed to just change lanes if you aren't clear. It also doesn't matter if you have more left.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-14-2016, 06:29 PM   #941
098poi

I agree the 10 had the most at the end and had there been a different opening and no interference she would have won. I think the 4th placing is due to who she interfered with. Had the 2 been the horse that was bothered then the 2 would have won and the 10 would have been second. Its not like they punished the 10 by saying now you will be 4th. I may be mistaken but I think that's how it works.
098poi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-14-2016, 06:32 PM   #942
Dark Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
But you aren't allowed to just change lanes if you aren't clear. It also doesn't matter if you have more left.
So the rider knows he has all this horse, and there's a space for him to move into, but first he has to make sure than no horse may be coming from behind him, that he can't see? When is he supposed to do that? Right after he waves to his girlfriend in the stands?

Many times the purpose of changing lanes is to interfere, and many times that doesn't even get called. Here the sole purpose was to win the race. There was no other purpose to changing lanes.

Case of the letter of the law versus the spirit of the law?

Also, who has the most horse plays a role in many DQ decisions. If an impeded horse finishes a close second he may get the win. If he stops racing, the interference wasn't serious enough to impact the decision. So why doesn't that same reasoning apply to the winner?

Last edited by Dark Horse; 02-14-2016 at 06:37 PM.
Old 02-14-2016, 06:36 PM   #943
v j stauffer

Quote:

HOGWASH
Old 02-14-2016, 06:38 PM   #944
Dark Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer
HOGWASH
As with the three musketeers, so with the three stooges. There's actually a fourth.

Tell me that American Pharoah gets DQ-ed for that.
Old 02-14-2016, 06:46 PM   #945
v j stauffer

Quote:

Unfortunately in the CHRB rulebook there is no "in theory" section.

What if you're driving 80 miles an hour on the interstate.

A guy comes barreling alongside and unless he slams on the brakes he is going to slam into the car in front of him.

Instead he abruptly turns, smashes into you causing your car flip over and over.

When you come out of your coma the judge says sorry bout your luck. The other driver is not at fault. He "needed to change lanes"

The is entitled to a clear and unobstructed path. That path was taken away by who crossed in front without sufficient clearance.

As inquires go they don't get much easier than this one.