Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 01-07-2010, 12:43 AM   #1
Turfday

FYI...Zenyatta Just Recorded Her Third Official Recent Workout Today

Half mile in :48 and change. You can come to your own conclusions.

Bob Selvin

http://nationalturf.com
Turfday is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2010, 03:14 PM   #2
joanied

Location: Wyoming, near Yellowstone Park...born/raised in Brooklyn,NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turfday
I won't draw any conclusions...they said they were taking her to the track in the mornings so she wouldn't be jumping out of her stall...that mare wants to race another year...but the chances of that are a million- 1

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us"
Gandalf the Grey
joanied is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2010, 03:20 PM   #3
Zippy Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanied
I won't draw any conclusions...they said they were taking her to the track in the mornings so she wouldn't be jumping out of her stall...that mare wants to race another year...but the chances of that are a million- 1
I dont want her to race ever again. I'm happy that she has no blemishes on her resume!
Zippy Chippy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2010, 03:21 PM   #4
11cashcall

It is odd,seeing that see had not 1 but 2 farewell parties. But offical workouts? Why nor just take her to the track & gallop her to take some of the edge off? other thing is by now she should have arrived in kentucky for
Breeding duties...no? Unless of course they found something out regarding her reproductive organs.
11cashcall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2010, 03:35 PM   #5
Cratos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turfday
If Moss is toying with running Zenyatta again, it would be my guess that it would be the Dubai World Cup because of the synthetic racing surface.

"Science is correct; even if you don't believe it" - Neil deGrasse Tyson
Cratos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2010, 03:41 PM   #6
Space Monkey
Veteran

Just keeping her happy! Its what Sheriffs does.
Space Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2010, 03:45 PM   #7
11cashcall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cratos
If Moss is toying with running Zenyatta again, it would be my guess that it would be the Dubai World Cup because of the synthetic racing surface.

You actually maybe on to something.Another thing is it would just really get JJ ' s goat to if she ran & won.
11cashcall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2010, 05:43 PM   #8
joanied

We all know how 'they' feel about shipping Zenyatta...they prefer not to upset her in any way...shipping her to Dubia...I would be shocked ...

I really don't think they want to take a chance at her getting beat...they want that 14 for 14 record to stay that way (although, IMO, if she ran in the DWC...I beleive she'd win)...winning the Classic was top of the world ...she is done, IMO.
Another factor is that she is such a huge individual, and all things considered, it's rather amazing she has stayed sound (a tribute to her sire)...

I said it in my other post, and Space Monkey said it too...Sherriff's is keeping her happy and relaxed...that 48+ was easy for her...like a good strong gallop...it's what, evidently, she needs to be happy.

And, no, she doesn't have to be rushed off to the breeding shed...they have some time yet. (breed her in March and get a Feb foal )

Gandalf the Grey
Old 01-07-2010, 05:58 PM   #9
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11cashcall
You actually maybe on to something.Another thing is it would just really get JJ ' s goat to if she ran & won.
Why would Jess Jackson care if Zenyatta went to Dubai and won another race on a synthetic track?
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2010, 06:08 PM   #10
CincyHorseplayer

How many foals can a filly or mare have in 1 season anyway?!!!

Why not run her another year?

I can understand the value of sires who can produce a lot of offspring but fillies and mares and 2nd in the hierarchy of likely to race longer only to geldings IMO.
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2010, 06:13 PM   #11
tzipi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHorseplayer
How many foals can a filly or mare have in 1 season anyway?!!!

Why not run her another year?

I can understand the value of sires who can produce a lot of offspring but fillies and mares and 2nd in the hierarchy of likely to race longer only to geldings IMO.
I say the same thing. Its not like a sire where you can just bang them out(no pun intended) left and right. And plus,great mares dont turn out great horses left and right. Why not run her if she's still healthy and young? I guess to keep an undefeated record. Well all the fans that got attracted to racing with her this year will be gone. Same old story.
That's the problem with racing. Its like parading Tiger Woods or Jordan or whoever for a year and everyone going crazy for them and then going oh well goodbye.
tzipi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2010, 06:18 PM   #12
letswastemoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy Chippy
I dont want her to race ever again. I'm happy that she has no blemishes on her resume!
Scared that Rachel Alexandra will beat her?

They need to take on Rachel, or else there will always be that one thing she did not do...she never beat Rachel Alexandra.
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2010, 08:34 PM   #13
joanied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698
Why would Jess Jackson care if Zenyatta went to Dubai and won another race on a synthetic track?
Are you kidding ...now I am maybe some of the few that really like J Jackson...for various reasons, but the man does have an ego and being as competitive as he is, IMO, it would drive him nuts if it happened. Just my opinon.

Gandalf the Grey
Old 01-07-2010, 08:41 PM   #14
joanied

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzipi
I say the same thing. Its not like a sire where you can just bang them out(no pun intended) left and right. And plus,great mares dont turn out great horses left and right. Why not run her if she's still healthy and young? I guess to keep an undefeated record. Well all the fans that got attracted to racing with her this year will be gone. Same old story.
That's the problem with racing. Its like parading Tiger Woods or Jordan or whoever for a year and everyone going crazy for them and then going oh well goodbye.
It is a fact that many excellent race mares don't seem to produce excellent offspring...but, some do, and only time will tell if Zenyatta does...the thing is, it is also a fact that the older these race mares get, still competeing, for some reason (not yet known), they have a hard time getting in foal and/or carrying a foal to term. Zenyatta is just about at that age...you realize she just turned 6 yrs old (although in reality, her birth date is probably not quite here yet, I don't know her actual day of birth)...
I would trhink they have already given her a reproductive exam...I'd be surprised if they haven't...we don't know if she is breeding sound or not...if she is, it would be in their best interest to get her in foal this breeding season.
But...who knows what they are thinking...IMO, it is simply a way to keep her happy and relaxed while she is still at Sherriff's barn.

I think in 2010...Rachel will have to carry the torch solo.

Gandalf the Grey
Old 01-07-2010, 08:52 PM   #15
tzipi

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanied
It is a fact that many excellent race mares don't seem to produce excellent offspring...but, some do, and only time will tell if Zenyatta does...the thing is, it is also a fact that the older these race mares get, still competeing, for some reason (not yet known), they have a hard time getting in foal and/or carrying a foal to term. Zenyatta is just about at that age...you realize she just turned 6 yrs old (although in reality, her birth date is probably not quite here yet, I don't know her actual day of birth)...
I would trhink they have already given her a reproductive exam...I'd be surprised if they haven't...we don't know if she is breeding sound or not...if she is, it would be in their best interest to get her in foal this breeding season.
But...who knows what they are thinking...IMO, it is simply a way to keep her happy and relaxed while she is still at Sherriff's barn.

I think in 2010...Rachel will have to carry the torch solo.
Yeah I dont think they'll run her at all. Probably just stretching her out. I just wish the superstars would stay around. It's what racing needs. Zenyatta's birth date is April 1 2004.

Last edited by tzipi; 01-07-2010 at 08:53 PM.
tzipi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply